- 19 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 17 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks: Realise Your Dream, thanks to the British Council! http://t.co/KCzrW3B8Sz
- 14 Jun@QMusicNetworkBIGSOUND Music+Design is here! http://t.co/EKAk0owf3u
- 12 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks! Submissions for the Vanda & Young Songwriting competition close one the 21st of this month. http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 31 May@QMusicNetworkDo you work in light, video & sound? Igneous are hosting workshops from US artist Ian Winters on the Isadora program. http://t.co/ojIdS8QHA2
- 30 May@QMusicNetwork
- 28 May@QMusicNetwork
- 27 May@QMusicNetworkBrisbane, Gold Coast, Warwick, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast our Round & Round, Up & Down Tour is coming to you! http://t.co/H5X3gmL32v
- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
QMusic is Queensland's music industry development association, and is focused on promoting the artistic value, cultural worth and commercial potential of Queensland music.
In 1994, QMusic received its first round of funding, and has been running solidly since 1995.
QMusic has become first point of contact and interface for emerging artists and industry workers within the wider music industry. QMusic is an active voice for the Queensland music industry on a national and international level. QMusic is a member of AMIN (Australian Music Industry Network) which is a network of state based music organisations that provides a national voice for policy development and advocacy issues for the music industry.
Signature events such as BIGSOUND and the Queensland Music Awards promote networking and collaboration that contributes to building the profile of the Queensland music industry.
Situated in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, Australia’s only dedicated entertainment precinct, QMusic provides a physical and virtual base from which music industry professionals from all sectors and regions can establish networks, create partnerships and share the information that will drive the next generation of Australian music.
QMusic is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act and is governed by a management committee representing the diverse needs of the industry and the sector. The founding goals of the organisation still remain - to establish a state-wide music industry network for the sharing of knowledge and information.
QMusic acknowledges that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are the custodians of the land and recognise the disadvantage caused by colonisation and dispossession.
QMusic acknowledges the importance of music in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the critical role it plays in the broader Australian music context and Australian culture overall.
QMusic is committed to building opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and music businesses.
QMusic develops, services, and represents all sectors of Queensland music as a creative and economic powerhouse within the national and international arena.
Our Strategic Intent
QMusic is dedicated to building a dynamic environment that progresses a sustainable music industry and generates creative and economic returns to artists.
- The cultural, economic and social importance of music
- Learning and innovation
- Music and social diversity
- Knowledge and commitment of our people
- Professional practice
- Enhance industry capacity (service artists)
- Expand Queensland music profile
- Deliver signature events and build public participation
- Increase internal capability