- 17 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @ppca: Little @BIGSOUNDtweets is a one-day forum for young people looking to break into the music industry. http://t.co/CXbAlOLbdTRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Little @BIGSOUNDtweets Announces Speakers & Artists. New date for 2013: http://t.co/BkOjh4egFYRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 15 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @themusicnetwork: All about BigSound's new Music+Design program... (@BIGSOUNDtweets) http://t.co/15s7CspFWKRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 15 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Desktopmagazine: Music and design come together for a unique series of events in Brisbane, curated by @BIGSOUNDtweets — http://t.co/A7d…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 15 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @scene_magazine: This year's Little @BIGSOUNDtweets will aid "younger people about how to get into the industry and thrive”. http://t.co…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @ppca: -@BIGSOUNDtweets has added another program to its already sizable list of events. http://t.co/MVQmSU5yMfRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @SBS2: It's a BIG one this year RT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Music + Design is go! http://t.co/b6goRp2a4R #PunIntendedRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Eventfinder_AU: First annual @BIGSOUNDtweets Music+Design program announced. http://t.co/W5P3Ll1TsIRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @agdaqld: Bigsound Music + Design launches and what a lineup! Regurgitator Ken Taylor Christopher Doyle Joseph Mark ...and... http://t.…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 13 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: New @BIGSOUNDtweets announcement. This is a big one: introducing BIGSOUND Music+Design. http://t.co/tjCj6hLys2Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 13 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsMusic + Design is go! http://t.co/pd6aQ6qWL0
- 11 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Regurgitators: Quan and Ben will be speaking at @bigsoundtweets in September in Brisbane. Get your early bird tickets now! http://t.co/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 5 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweets@Liamclifford_ woo hoo!!!!
- 5 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @LewisLeeMelanie: Jesus, it's like JUNE YOU GUYS. Bring on @BIGSOUNDtweets! Betta get me a ticket...Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 27 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @DUNERATSS: LAST SHOW OF THE TOUR AT Park Acoustics FESTIVAL TODAY IN PRETORIA SOUTH AFRICA!!!! THIS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER http://t.co/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @MuchoBravado: If reading this from London, give it a retweet as this is the big one - @HungryKids LIVE in London tonight!! Water Rats -…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @NickiGirlStar: Yay, I am going to @bigsoundtweets - just bought my earlybird ticket #justmadecutoffRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
Little BIGSOUND Returns
With the world’s music elite descending on Brisbane for this year’s BIGSOUND in September, QMusic has teamed up with Youth Music Industries (YMI) to create the second annual Little BIGSOUND, a one-day forum for young people 14-25 looking to break into the music industry.
The first lineup of speakers was announced today for the September 15 event, with artists Jeremy Neale (Velociraptor), Sam Hales (Jungle Giants) and Ian Haug (Powderfinger, Airlock Studios) joining booking agents Stephen Wade (Select Music) and BJ Hemmling (Cherry Red), triple j personality Maggie Collins and managers Tom Larkin (Calling All Cars) and Stefan Emslie (Art of Sleeping).
They will join APRA’s Chris O’Neill, JMC’s Sean Foran, Melbourne music lawyer Darren Sanicki and many more still to be announced to give not only educational sessions, but also a platform to form connections and develop professional relationships. The sessions will be followed by sets from some of Brisbane’s best up and coming live music talent.
“Little BIGSOUND is an essential part of the BIGSOUND program, giving tomorrow’s leaders a doorway in to what is a dynamic and ever-changing industry,” said QMusic Executive Officer Denise Foley.
Not only produced FOR youth, Little BIGSOUND is produced BY youth, with Youth Music Industries planning committee of young people producing the event with the assistance of QMusic, creating a relevant and cutting-edge program.
“With the music world’s focus on Brisbane, it’s the perfect time to bring young people like us up close and personal with the identities behind the bands they hear on the radio. Little BIGSOUND gives Queensland youth a unique insight behind the closed doors and perhaps the first taste of what could become a fulfilling career in music,” said YMI’s Little BIGSOUND Director Gonzalo Rodino.
In its inaugural year in 2011, Little BIGSOUND attracted over 120 young people who participated in panels and breakout sessions covering everything from digital distribution to management and much more.
Little BIGSOUND runs from 9.30am to 6.30pm and is facilitated within the Judith Wright Centre, Brisbane’s premier Performing Arts Centre in Fortitude Valley.
For more information on this year’s event please head to youthmusicindustries.com
Published: 19 Jun 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk