- 21 May@MuchoBravadoIf reading this from London, give it a retweet as this is the big one - @HungryKids LIVE in London tonight!! Water Rats - be there!!Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 20 May@glbastianiOfficially going to @BIGSOUNDtweets this year. Pretty damn psyched.Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 20 May@NickiGirlStarRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 20 May@StephLinsdellJust bought tix to #BIGSOUND2013 and #LittleBIGSOUND! The Mastercard is tired, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it! @BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 19 May@zoe_ryanofficially going to #BIGSOUND 2013!!! #earlybird first year going, CAN'T WAIT! Who will I see there? @BIGSOUNDtweets #musicindustry #ozmusicRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 May@QldMusicAwardsQLD artists, @BIGSOUNDtweets showcase applications and early bird registrations close Monday! Get involved! http://t.co/32BGlVOk1XRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 16 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
Grammy Winner Steve Earle to Open BIGSOUND
BIGSOUND is pleased to announce Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter Steve Earle as the opening keynote speaker at this year’s biggest music industry event, September 12-14 in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.
With a career which winds its way through musician (with multi-platinum hits like Copperhead Road and 14 Grammy nominations), actor (The Wire, Treme, 30 Rock), published author, radio DJ and activist, Earle has led a fascinating life which will add further gravitas to the event.
Earle will join fellow artists Ben Lee, Ian Haug (Powderfinger), Clare Bowditch, David Bridie, Henry Wagons and Alexander Gow (Oh Mercy) along with industry speakers including Ben Swank from Jack White’s Third Man Records, EMI Australia Chairman Mark Poston, Spotify’s Rene Chambers, C3 Presents’ Aly Ehlinger and a growing list of the who’s who in the international music industry.
BIGSOUND is supported by the Queensland Government through Events Queensland. Minister for Tourism and Major Events, Jann Stuckey, said the event was a great addition to Brisbane’s arts and cultural events calendar joining Portrait of Spain: Masterpieces from the Prado, Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb and the QPAC International Performance Series.
“BIGSOUND will once again deliver top national and international talent to Brisbane, with the addition of Steve Earle to this year’s event being a great coup for Queensland,” said Ms Stuckey. “Supporting events like this is part of the Newman Government’s plan to deliver on its goal to establish Queensland as Australia’s number one tourist destination; doubling overnight visitor expenditure by 2020.”
The event includes oztix presents BIGSOUND Live, Australia’s largest live music event with 120 bands playing over two nights including Clare Bowditch, The Aston Shuffle, Closure in Moscow, Ball Park Music, Hungry Kids of Hungary, The Beards and Violent Soho.
"Each BIGSOUND has a different personality which is defined by the generous contributions of all of the artists and industry folks who attend. BIGSOUND 2012 is starting to show its intention to suggest that we look at getting back to our roots", said BIGSOUND programmer Graham Ashton.
Tickets for BIGSOUND are now available at the special rate of only $395 for members and $495 for non-members through the BIGSOUND website. This discount price is available until July 31 and includes entry to all official conference sessions, parties, after-parties and BIGSOUND Live music events.
Tickets for BIGSOUND Live only are available through oztix for just $45+BF for one night (60 bands) or $69+BF for both nights (120 bands).
BIGSOUND is an initiative of peak industry body QMusic and is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and Events Queensland.
Published: 01 Aug 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk