- 21 May@MuchoBravadoIf reading this from London, give it a retweet as this is the big one - @HungryKids LIVE in London tonight!! Water Rats - be there!!Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 20 May@glbastianiOfficially going to @BIGSOUNDtweets this year. Pretty damn psyched.Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 20 May@NickiGirlStarRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 20 May@StephLinsdellJust bought tix to #BIGSOUND2013 and #LittleBIGSOUND! The Mastercard is tired, but I'm hoping it'll be worth it! @BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 19 May@zoe_ryanofficially going to #BIGSOUND 2013!!! #earlybird first year going, CAN'T WAIT! Who will I see there? @BIGSOUNDtweets #musicindustry #ozmusicRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 May@QldMusicAwardsQLD artists, @BIGSOUNDtweets showcase applications and early bird registrations close Monday! Get involved! http://t.co/32BGlVOk1XRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 16 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
Little BIGSOUND Full Program Online
Programmed by youth for youth, the second annual Little BIGSOUND announced its full program last week, a feast of industry and music in a one-day forum for young people 14-25 looking at starting a career in the business. Taking over Fortitude Valley’s Judith Wright Centre on Saturday September 15 and following the Southern Hemisphere’s largest music industry gathering BIGSOUND, Youth Music Industries (YMI) have joined with QMusic to produce a unique event. Using the best speakers and musicians from around Australia, Little BIGSOUND will both inspire and provide a window into the world of the music industry.
From touring, marketing, management, recording and more, Little BIGSOUND will feature speakers from the likes of Dew Process, Spotify, TheMusic.com.au, Soundwave, Select Music, triple j, 4ZZZ, The AU Review and many more. The lineup includes industry identities behind the success of bands such as Jebediah, Eskimo Joe, Powderfinger, Shihad, San Cisco, DZ Deathrays, Ball Park Music, Art of Sleeping and many more.
The day will include morning and lunchtime acoustic sessions with JJJ Unearthed stars Sahara Beck and Thelma Plum and rising Rockhampton soloist Weathered, and will close with a musical showcase featuring Alexander Gow from the band Oh Mercy, Brisbane’s Hey Geronimo and Gung Ho!
Established, programmed and run by a dedicated group of high school students and alumni from The Queensland Academy for Creative Industries, the event truly is the coming together for the next generation of industry leaders.
“We have grown up in a digital world and as we start our own careers in the music industry it’s time for us to learn what’s gone before and put it into our own context. This opportunity for Little BIGSOUND delegates to engage with industry professionals as peers and mentors is something that’s truly unique,” said YMI’s Little BIGSOUND Director (and year 12 student) Gonzalo Rodiño.
In its inaugural year in 2011, Little BIGSOUND attracted over 120 young people who participated in panels and breakout sessions covering everything from digital distribution to management and much more.
Little BIGSOUND runs from 9.00am to 6.00pm and is facilitated within the Judith Wright Centre, Brisbane’s premier Performing Arts Centre in Fortitude Valley. Little BIGSOUND? - September 15th – 2012 @ The Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts
Details on tickets available from www.bigsound.org.au
2012 SPEAKERS AND PANEL INFO
9:00 – 9:30 Registration
Live acoustic performance
9:30 – 10:30 Know Your Copyright/APRA/Publishing (Understanding publishing)?
Chris O’Neill (APRA)?
Matt Tanner (Native Tongue Publishing)?
Darren Sanicki (Music Lawyer)
10:40 – 11:40 Songwriting
Sam Cromack (Ball Park Music)?
Jeremy Neale (Velociptor/Jeremy Neale)
Sam Hales (Jungle Giants)?
Facilitator: Chris O’Neill (APRA)
11:40 – 12:10 LUNCH
Live acoustic performance: Sahara Beck (Brisbane)
Live acoustic performance: Weathered (Rockhampton)
Live acoustic performance: Thelma Plum (Brisbane)
12:10 – 1.10 BREAK OUT SESSION 1
1. Press Record: recording & production?
Steven Shram (Music Producer)?
Tom Larkin (Shihad, Music Producer – Home Surgery)
Cameron Smith (Music Producer – Incremental)
Facilitator: Yanto Browning (Music Producer – Airlock Studio)
2. Leaving the Garage (gigs and touring)
Darren Hawthorne (Soundwave Touring)
Stephen Wade (Select Music)
Chris Zajko (Music NSW/Indent)
Facilitator: BJ Hemmling (Red Cherry)
3. The Art of Looking good (getting your press kit together)
Scott Fitzsimmon (themusic.com.au/Daily Spa)
Chloe Flanigan (4zzz youth ambassador)?
Maggie Collins (Artist Manager- DZ Deathrays)
Facilitator: Larry Heath (The AU Review)
1:20 – 2:20 BREAK OUT SESSION 2
1. Keeping it all together (Band Management)?
Ben Preece (Mucho-Bravado Management)
Stefan Emslie (Manager – Art of Sleeping)
Cath Haridy (Artist Manager)
Facilitator: Martine Cotton (QMusic)
2. Releasing your Music (physical and digital distro)
Natalie Bell (Artist Manager/Casadeldisco Records)
Fergus Jenkins (Dew Process)
Craig Spann (Sugar Rush Records/Sounds Like Brisbane)
Facilitator: Deb Suckling (QMusic)
3. Show me the Money! (diversifying income streams)
Dom Miller (Bluebeard Music)?
Chris O’Neil (APRA)?
Rene Chambers (Spotify),
Facilitator: Sean Foran (JMC Music Academy)
2:30 – 3:30 Keep on Rockin’ (staying motivated and inspired)
Tom Larkin (Shihad, Music Producer)
Ian Haug (Powderfinder, Music Producer)
atalie Bell (Artist Manager, Casadeldisco Records)
Facilitator: Ed Guglielmino (Artist)
3:45 – 6:00 ARTIST SHOWCASE
Alexander Gow (Oh Mercy) (Melbourne)
Hey Geronimo (Brisbane)
Gung Ho (Brisbane)
Published: 25 Aug 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk