- 9 Feb@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @triplej: 'If this gig doesn't have free pulled pork, I'm out!" All our fav @BIGSOUNDtweets quotes https://t.co/iPO9rPLNFX https://t.co…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @612brisbane: Did you miss Drive at #BIGSOUND16 yesterday? Good news: we've compiled most of the action into one handy playlist. https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "I think it's important to acknowledge the hard work that community radio does for your music" @emily_wurramara @BIGSOUNDt…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @themusicnetwork: #BIGSOUND16 panel on #sync: "an in episode use of a song on Grey's Anatomy would be $8-10k a side (for both master & c…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @bolsterco: We've got some snapchat filters over the valley. Spice up your snaps... you know you want to ?? #BIGSOUND16Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: A.B. Original just announced they're the first act on @lanewayfest 2017 during their @BIGSOUNDtweets keynote: https://t.…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Briggs and Trials (with Funkoars) are both halfway through making new records #BIGSOUND16Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Briggs and Trials tap their feet, bop their heads every time Lindsay McDougall plays a song excerpt #BIGSOUND16Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "Community radio program makers are intimately connected with the music scenes and genres they play" Cam Durnsford MD @pbs…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "It is absolutely about building those direct relationships" Chris Johnson #Amrap on approaching #CommunityRadio @BIGSOUND…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @4ZZZ: Tesla Coils, part of the showcase of Gold Coast acts @BIGSOUNDtweets https://t.co/BRwGhq6z9KRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Peanut Butter Wolf gets nostalgic during @BIGSOUNDtweets keynote: https://t.co/CFLdVndfiO https://t.co/Et0cd2cTIWRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @WAUnified: UNIFIED are proud to announce their brand new initiative – The Unified Grant. Revealed today by UNIFIED founder... https://t…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @bolsterco: Anth is gonna show you his moves at the Future Marketing panel today at 2PM ?? Get some #BIGSOUND16 @BIGSOUNDtweets https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Queensland: Awesome start #BIGSOUND16 ? Keep tagging ur ?&? to #thisisqueensland ?? by @amyrkerby @myBakerylane @nightlifemusic https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @doncandon: Peanut Butter Wolf and J Rocc giving amazing insights into some @stonesthrow highlights. #BIGSOUND16 https://t.co/Gt4ueSpV4IRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
Applications to showcase at BIGSOUND 2012 have now closed!
Australian and International artists will have the rare chance to perform in front of some of the international music industry’s most influential figures at BIGSOUND 2012.
Taking place on the nights of the 12th and 13th September BIGSOUND Live is the two-night music festival that puts artists in front of the local, national and international music industry delegates attending the BIGSOUND Music Industry Conference held 12 - 14th September.
In 2012 BIGSOUND Live is expanding to showcase 120 acts over 12 venues. As well as continuing to showcase a diversity of breaking acts from the world over, BIGSOUND Live 2012 will be turning the spotlight on the country music scene, encouraging applications from these artists.
In addition to having access to hundreds of influential music industry figures BIGSOUND Live showcasing artists are provided with the opportunity for excellent media exposure with the event being covered by national and international media outlets.
- Queensland based, national and international artists are encouraged to apply.
- Application fees: QMusic members - A$14.50 Non-members - A$18.50
- Applications close 5pm, Friday 4th May 2012.
- There is no travel assistance available and each successful act will be responsible for landing themselves in Brisbane.
- ONE complimentary conference pass will be made available to each successful showcase act (Note: additional conference passes will be offered to band members at a discounted rate).
- Acts to be available in Brisbane 12 – 14 September 2012.
"BIGSOUND 2011 was actually one of the best nights and gigs of my life. I had such a great time that I think I said "that was the best gig I've ever done" right after I came offstage. It was a completely packed-out venue and the vibe was just incredible!"
- Lanie Lane, Showcasing Artist 2011 (AUS)
Past BIGSOUND Live showcasing artists have included:
Adalita : Bertie Blackman : Ball Park Music : Bleeding Knees Club : Busby Marou : Bob Evans : Boy & Bear : The Cairos : Calling All Cars : Children Collide : Cloud Control : Deep Sea Arcade : Dan Kelly's Dream Band : Dappled Cities : DZ Deathrays : Ernest Ellis : Emma Louise : Evil Eddie : The Getaway Plan : Guineafowl : The Holidays : Horrorshow : Hungry Kids of Hungary : Husky : The Jezabels : Jinga Safari : The John Steel Singers : Lanie Lane : Last Dinosaurs : Little Red : The Medics : The Middle East : The Naked and Famous : Old Man River : Papa Vs Pretty : Parades : Regurgitator : San Cisco : Stonefield : Temper Trap : The Vasco Era : Velociraptor : Washington : Yves Klein Blue + many more!