- 20 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @ppca: Little @BIGSOUNDtweets is a one-day forum for young people looking to break into the music industry. http://t.co/CXbAlOLbdTRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 17 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Little @BIGSOUNDtweets Announces Speakers & Artists. New date for 2013: http://t.co/BkOjh4egFYRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 15 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @themusicnetwork: All about BigSound's new Music+Design program... (@BIGSOUNDtweets) http://t.co/15s7CspFWKRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 15 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Desktopmagazine: Music and design come together for a unique series of events in Brisbane, curated by @BIGSOUNDtweets — http://t.co/A7d…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 15 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @scene_magazine: This year's Little @BIGSOUNDtweets will aid "younger people about how to get into the industry and thrive”. http://t.co…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @ppca: -@BIGSOUNDtweets has added another program to its already sizable list of events. http://t.co/MVQmSU5yMfRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @SBS2: It's a BIG one this year RT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Music + Design is go! http://t.co/b6goRp2a4R #PunIntendedRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Eventfinder_AU: First annual @BIGSOUNDtweets Music+Design program announced. http://t.co/W5P3Ll1TsIRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 14 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @agdaqld: Bigsound Music + Design launches and what a lineup! Regurgitator Ken Taylor Christopher Doyle Joseph Mark ...and... http://t.…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 13 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: New @BIGSOUNDtweets announcement. This is a big one: introducing BIGSOUND Music+Design. http://t.co/tjCj6hLys2Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 13 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsMusic + Design is go! http://t.co/pd6aQ6qWL0
- 11 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Regurgitators: Quan and Ben will be speaking at @bigsoundtweets in September in Brisbane. Get your early bird tickets now! http://t.co/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 5 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweets@Liamclifford_ woo hoo!!!!
- 5 Jun@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @LewisLeeMelanie: Jesus, it's like JUNE YOU GUYS. Bring on @BIGSOUNDtweets! Betta get me a ticket...Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 27 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @DUNERATSS: LAST SHOW OF THE TOUR AT Park Acoustics FESTIVAL TODAY IN PRETORIA SOUTH AFRICA!!!! THIS IS THE BEST PLACE EVER http://t.co/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @MuchoBravado: If reading this from London, give it a retweet as this is the big one - @HungryKids LIVE in London tonight!! Water Rats -…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 May@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
Position: Chairman & Senior Vice President Marketing, Australasia
Organisation: EMI Music Australia
Mark's passion is music - so much so it's likely to be found in his DNA one day. Mark has worked in music since 1989, in a number of roles from running a record store to running a record label. At Sony and BMG in the 90’s he was a founding member of the ARIA Club Chart as well as starting Australia’s first major label street teams. By the time he turned 30 he was Head of Capitol Records at EMI Australia working with artists such as Silverchair, Coldplay, Jet, Keith Urban, Paul Mac, Robbie Williams, The Living End, Kasey Chambers, John Williamson, The Finn Brothers and Gorillaz amongst others.
In 2005, he was promoted to Director, Global Marketing for EMI based in London. By 2007, Mark was Director of EMI UK frontline label Angel Music Group/Charisma. In August 2008, he returned to Australia as Chairman and Senior Vice President of Marketing for EMI Australasia, based in Sydney and became a board member of both ARIA and PPCA. In December 2009 he was the only music executive to be named in Media Week’s ‘Top 30 Most Influential Media People’ list.
Under his tenure EMI has scored consecutive ARIA Albums Of The Year for Empire Of The Sun and for Angus & Julia Stone in 2010 and 2011, as well as striking maverick deals in the digital & new business space such as AAPT and Samsung. He recently appointed award-winning Producer Scott Horscroft to head up the company’s A & R division and after 22 years in North Sydney, moved the company’s H.Q. to the creative hub of Surry Hills.
He never wants to become cynical or jaded, and could do with 30 hours in the day instead of the average 24.