- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @triplej: 'If this gig doesn't have free pulled pork, I'm out!" All our fav @BIGSOUNDtweets quotes https://t.co/iPO9rPLNFX https://t.co…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @612brisbane: Did you miss Drive at #BIGSOUND16 yesterday? Good news: we've compiled most of the action into one handy playlist. https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "I think it's important to acknowledge the hard work that community radio does for your music" @emily_wurramara @BIGSOUNDt…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @themusicnetwork: #BIGSOUND16 panel on #sync: "an in episode use of a song on Grey's Anatomy would be $8-10k a side (for both master & c…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @bolsterco: We've got some snapchat filters over the valley. Spice up your snaps... you know you want to ?? #BIGSOUND16Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: A.B. Original just announced they're the first act on @lanewayfest 2017 during their @BIGSOUNDtweets keynote: https://t.…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Briggs and Trials (with Funkoars) are both halfway through making new records #BIGSOUND16Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Briggs and Trials tap their feet, bop their heads every time Lindsay McDougall plays a song excerpt #BIGSOUND16Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "Community radio program makers are intimately connected with the music scenes and genres they play" Cam Durnsford MD @pbs…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "It is absolutely about building those direct relationships" Chris Johnson #Amrap on approaching #CommunityRadio @BIGSOUND…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @4ZZZ: Tesla Coils, part of the showcase of Gold Coast acts @BIGSOUNDtweets https://t.co/BRwGhq6z9KRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @TheMusicComAu: Peanut Butter Wolf gets nostalgic during @BIGSOUNDtweets keynote: https://t.co/CFLdVndfiO https://t.co/Et0cd2cTIWRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @WAUnified: UNIFIED are proud to announce their brand new initiative – The Unified Grant. Revealed today by UNIFIED founder... https://t…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @bolsterco: Anth is gonna show you his moves at the Future Marketing panel today at 2PM ?? Get some #BIGSOUND16 @BIGSOUNDtweets https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @Queensland: Awesome start #BIGSOUND16 ? Keep tagging ur ?&? to #thisisqueensland ?? by @amyrkerby @myBakerylane @nightlifemusic https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @doncandon: Peanut Butter Wolf and J Rocc giving amazing insights into some @stonesthrow highlights. #BIGSOUND16 https://t.co/Gt4ueSpV4IRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @4ZZZ: This photo gallery may help with some #BIGSOUND16 fomo... Or make it worse... https://t.co/7z6s8kfoHH ?@mattdennien https://t.co/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
BIGSOUND Music+Design: where music+design connect
10-11 September 2013
Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts
Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia
BIGSOUND, Australia’s premier music industry gathering, presents Music+Design, a pioneering program bringing together the music and design industries.
BIGSOUND draws top national and international industry talent to Brisbane each year, forming a vibrant collection of musicians, buyers and industry experts to create an environment of new music discovery. BIGSOUND Music+Design will build upon this successful model to establish a unique platform for the music and design industries to converge and explore the potential for innovative collaborations, exchange of ideas, and business opportunities.
Design is how we ‘see’ music. From poster and album cover art, merchandise and live performance to the visual brand of an artist, design is the visual embodiment of music. Design enhances and shapes our audible experiences and is the technology behind music production and live performance.
Conversely, music is a muse to design. From the fashion industry to film, music fires the creativity of designers, adds emotion to vision, and sells product. Both exist at the leading edge of rapidly changing platforms for interaction and engagement, and the roles of designer and musician are more and more readily interchangeable.
BIGSOUND Music+Design is where music and design connect. The program explores the intersection of music and all modes of design - interactive, graphic design, digital, industrial design, architecture, production, fashion, and film. Music+Design welcomes the international design community to Brisbane, offering an unprecedented opportunity for a range of design disciplines to come together and discuss current developments influencing their industry, seen through the lens of music.
Music+Design is a groundbreaking addition to the BIGSOUND 2013 program, and will run 10-11 September 2013 in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, in conjunction with the broader BIGSOUND music program. Music+Design incorporates two days of industry panels and masterclasses, connecting with two days of design industry showcasing.
QMusic presents BIGSOUND Music+Design in partnership with Artisan, AGDA and DIA, with the support of the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland, Arts Queensland, and the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments.
Proudly endorsed by QUEENSLANDERSIGN, an initiative supported by the Queensland Government recognising design and creative thinking as drivers of innovation and growth across the state.