- 26 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweetsWe welcome applications from all disciplines (animation, design, digital, interactive, performance, installation +… https://t.co/YTjaRyP2rW
- 19 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweetsWatch King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (BIGSOUND alumni 2012 & 2014) make their TV debut on Conan. Spoiler alert:… https://t.co/ayCaKOMsof
- 18 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 13 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 12 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets@cylemyers1 yes, we accept applications from international acts to showcase at BIGSOUND festival.
- 10 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 7 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 5 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 4 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 3 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 3 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Feb@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @triplej: 'If this gig doesn't have free pulled pork, I'm out!" All our fav @BIGSOUNDtweets quotes https://t.co/iPO9rPLNFX https://t.co…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @612brisbane: Did you miss Drive at #BIGSOUND16 yesterday? Good news: we've compiled most of the action into one handy playlist. https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "I think it's important to acknowledge the hard work that community radio does for your music" @emily_wurramara @BIGSOUNDt…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @themusicnetwork: #BIGSOUND16 panel on #sync: "an in episode use of a song on Grey's Anatomy would be $8-10k a side (for both master & c…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
BIGSOUND Music+Design: where music+design connect
10-11 September 2013
Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts
Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Australia
BIGSOUND, Australia’s premier music industry gathering, presents Music+Design, a pioneering program bringing together the music and design industries.
BIGSOUND draws top national and international industry talent to Brisbane each year, forming a vibrant collection of musicians, buyers and industry experts to create an environment of new music discovery. BIGSOUND Music+Design will build upon this successful model to establish a unique platform for the music and design industries to converge and explore the potential for innovative collaborations, exchange of ideas, and business opportunities.
Design is how we ‘see’ music. From poster and album cover art, merchandise and live performance to the visual brand of an artist, design is the visual embodiment of music. Design enhances and shapes our audible experiences and is the technology behind music production and live performance.
Conversely, music is a muse to design. From the fashion industry to film, music fires the creativity of designers, adds emotion to vision, and sells product. Both exist at the leading edge of rapidly changing platforms for interaction and engagement, and the roles of designer and musician are more and more readily interchangeable.
BIGSOUND Music+Design is where music and design connect. The program explores the intersection of music and all modes of design - interactive, graphic design, digital, industrial design, architecture, production, fashion, and film. Music+Design welcomes the international design community to Brisbane, offering an unprecedented opportunity for a range of design disciplines to come together and discuss current developments influencing their industry, seen through the lens of music.
Music+Design is a groundbreaking addition to the BIGSOUND 2013 program, and will run 10-11 September 2013 in Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley, in conjunction with the broader BIGSOUND music program. Music+Design incorporates two days of industry panels and masterclasses, connecting with two days of design industry showcasing.
QMusic presents BIGSOUND Music+Design in partnership with Artisan, AGDA and DIA, with the support of the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland, Arts Queensland, and the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments.
Proudly endorsed by QUEENSLANDERSIGN, an initiative supported by the Queensland Government recognising design and creative thinking as drivers of innovation and growth across the state.