- 26 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 21 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweetsWe welcome applications from all disciplines (animation, design, digital, interactive, performance, installation +… https://t.co/YTjaRyP2rW
- 19 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweetsWatch King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (BIGSOUND alumni 2012 & 2014) make their TV debut on Conan. Spoiler alert:… https://t.co/ayCaKOMsof
- 18 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 13 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 12 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets@cylemyers1 yes, we accept applications from international acts to showcase at BIGSOUND festival.
- 10 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 7 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 5 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 4 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 3 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 3 Apr@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Feb@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @triplej: 'If this gig doesn't have free pulled pork, I'm out!" All our fav @BIGSOUNDtweets quotes https://t.co/iPO9rPLNFX https://t.co…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 9 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRetweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @612brisbane: Did you miss Drive at #BIGSOUND16 yesterday? Good news: we've compiled most of the action into one handy playlist. https:/…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @AmrapsAirIt: "I think it's important to acknowledge the hard work that community radio does for your music" @emily_wurramara @BIGSOUNDt…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
- 8 Sep@BIGSOUNDtweetsRT @themusicnetwork: #BIGSOUND16 panel on #sync: "an in episode use of a song on Grey's Anatomy would be $8-10k a side (for both master & c…Retweeted by BIGSOUNDtweets
BIGSOUND 2014 First Artist Line-Up Is Out - Tickets On Sale Now!
BIGSOUND has come out swinging with its first live line-up announcement for 2014. With the 80+ acts dropped and dozens still to come, the program is one of the best yet with the likes of Gold Fields, DMA’s, Holy Holy, BAD//DREEMS, Client Liaison, KINGSWOOD and REMI all set to play in front of both industry and punters in a celebration of live Australian music.
They’ll be joined by Deep Sea Arcade, Thelma Plum, HITS, Sampology ft Tom Thum & Jordan Rakei, Blank Realm, D.D Dumbo, Fractures, Ash Grunwald, Halfway and over 100 other artists over two nights in fourteen venues in Brisbane’s iconic Fortitude Valley live music precinct.
This year will see the site map expand north to include venues like The Underdog, Crowbar, The Elephant and The New Globe as well as welcoming a new outdoor venue behind Brightside and Magic City.
"The diversity and talent in BIGSOUND's line-up gets richer and deeper each year,” said programmer Nick O’Byrne. “With more 80 artists still to be announced there's no doubt that those two nights in September will be the single best festival of new Australian music we've ever had".
The event will once again welcome back the triple j Unearthed stage as well as a new InTheMix electronic music stage. Full BIGSOUND event laminates will provide priority access to all venues over the two nights, while BIGSOUND Live passes, which go on sale today, give punters wrist-band access to the shows for one of the best value tickets in the country.
Anyone who pre-purchases their BIGSOUND Live tickets with Oztix will go into the draw to win a return trip to LA with Virgin Australia!
BIGSOUND Live tickets are available for $69+bf from OzTix www.oztix.com.au, while those looking for the full BIGSOUND experience including conference and party entry still have some time to grab special rate tickets from www.bigsound.org.au
Baptism of Uzi
Deep Sea Arcade
Fraser A. Gorman
Jack Ladder & The Dreamlanders
Jess Ribeiro and the Bone Collectors
Karl S. Williams
L-FRESH The LION
Lurch & Chief
Sampology ft. Tom Thum & Jordan Rakei
Teeth & Tongue
The Tiger & Me
Tully On Tully
Tom Windish - The Windish Agency (US)
Kevin French – Paradigm (US)
Chris Sampson – Superfly / Bonnaroo / Outside Lands (US)
Sean Carlson – FYF Fest (US)
James Minor – SXSW (US)
Adam Ryan - The Great Escape / MAMA & Company (UK)
Avery McTaggart - The Windish Agency (US)
Michelle Cable - Panache Booking (US)
Josh Moore – The Bowery Presents / Cloud 9 Adventures (US)
Danny Rogers - Lunatic Entertainment / St Jerome’s Laneway Festival (AUS)
Jerome Borazio - Get Notorious / St Jerome’s Laneway Festival (AUS)
Jamie Wade - X-Ray Touring (UK)
Emily York - Penny Drop (AUS)
Ben Marshall - Sydney Opera House (AUS)
Justin Sweeting - Artist Voice Asia / Clockenflap Festival (HK)
Melissa Yong - Village Sounds Asia (SNG)
Josh Taylor - Cassette Entertainment / Sprung Hip Hop Festival (AUS)
Mario Stresow – FKP Scorpio (GER)
Henning Ahrens - Four Artists Booking Agentur (GER)
Grimur Atlason - Iceland Airwaves (ICE)
BIGSOUND is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland, part of the Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and the Arts
BIGSOUND has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council of the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body.
Published: 02 Jul 2014 by QMusic Newsdesk