- 21 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Want to play #BIGSOUND17? Apply now: https://t.co/D1c5Vje0St https://t.co/KP1WbMxEQnRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @APRAAMCOS: J'ADORE ?. @AmySharkmusic x @BusbyMarou at Monday night's #APRAs: https://t.co/TUHvc1JGFQRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Watch highlights from the 2017 #QldMusicAwards! https://t.co/zkkE0YZCYc ? TreeTrunk Production House ? Confidence Man…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @musicnt: BIGSOUND offering BIG MONEY, and a BIG opportunity for Aussie musicians! https://t.co/GdC2hegvf1Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: BIGSOUND returns 5-8 September 2017. Apply to play and you could share in $100,000 thanks to @LEVIS. #BIGSOUND17 https:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetworkWe're looking forward to getting these out! Participants also get a little something special for first session tomo… https://t.co/bhY9E35ZKh
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @Queensland: Congrats to Good Boy for taking out the Rock award! ???? thank you for having us @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork https://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Amongst all the talent here @QMusicNetwork Awards there's been an amazing shoey and a collective knock knock joke #ql…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @HeyGeronimo: Oh sheeeit! ? Thanks v much to all the legendary bands who were in the clip + @QMusicNetwork, Pete, Jaymis and Lauren. And…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @ceowithpassion: Breathtaking tribute to Ritchie Yorke and Carol Lloyd at the QMA's with George @QMusicNetwork https://t.co/XNcK2qTySGRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @damiandmusic: Q Music Awards- Best Female Artist! Thank you all who voted for me? It means so much to be recognized by fellow Queenslan…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Mar@QMusicNetwork
Grant McLennan Fellowship Finalists Announced
Arts Queensland, APRA AMCOS and QMusic are pleased to announce the finalists of the 2014 Grant McLennan Fellowship.
Congratulations to Danny Harley (The Kite String Tangle), Jackie Marshall, Thomas Calder (The Trouble With Templeton), Jackson Muir and Valdis Voldze (Mosman Alder).
The $25,000 fellowship offers the recipient an opportunity to travel to New York, London or Berlin for up to 6 months and has been designed to expose the recipient to the full cultural life of one of these cities as a source of inspiration and creativity.
Grant McLennan is acknowledged as one of Australia’s greatest songwriters and one of Queensland’s first successful cultural exports. As a founding member of the Brisbane band, The Go-Betweens, Grant created an outstanding musical legacy which has paved the way for many great artists and for the burgeoning Creative Industries sector in Queensland. His lyrics captured a unique Queensland spirit and the band was fundamental in bringing Australian music to a global audience. Grant passed away at the age of 48 in May 2006.
Danny Harley performs under the moniker, The Kite String Tangle. The Kite String Tangle has been nominated for a 2014 ARIA in the category of Breakthrough Artist. Danny is currently in New York showcasing at CMJ Music Marathon.
Jackie Marshall’s extensive career includes an Australian Music Prize shortlisted debut album, being hand-picked by Missy Higgins to support her on her sold-out Queensland tour leg, performing as part of the iconic concert series Women in Voice, and being featured on SBS’s Rockwiz dueting with Australian music legend, Colin Hay.
Thomas Calder is the creator and singer/songwriter of The Trouble with Templeton (TTWT), who formed in 2011. The last 12 months have been huge for Thomas with TTWT winning a 2013 Queensland Music Award and Thomas winning an APRA PDA Songwriting Award and placing third in the International Songwriting Competition.
Jackson Muir and Valdis Voldze are two members of Brisbane six-piece, Mosman Alder. Since the band's formation in 2010 they have shared the stage with acts such as Kimbra, Father John, Machine Translations, Hungry Kids of Hungary, as well as playing Splendour Festival and BIGSOUND.
The 2014 judging panel (pictured) are: Sean Sennett, Sally McLennan, Ian Haug, and Adele Pickvance.
The winner will be announced at a special event, Bands of Your Town, on 27 November at the Triffid
Published: 23 Oct 2014 by QMusic Newsdesk