- 21 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Want to play #BIGSOUND17? Apply now: https://t.co/D1c5Vje0St https://t.co/KP1WbMxEQnRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @APRAAMCOS: J'ADORE ?. @AmySharkmusic x @BusbyMarou at Monday night's #APRAs: https://t.co/TUHvc1JGFQRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Watch highlights from the 2017 #QldMusicAwards! https://t.co/zkkE0YZCYc ? TreeTrunk Production House ? Confidence Man…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @musicnt: BIGSOUND offering BIG MONEY, and a BIG opportunity for Aussie musicians! https://t.co/GdC2hegvf1Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: BIGSOUND returns 5-8 September 2017. Apply to play and you could share in $100,000 thanks to @LEVIS. #BIGSOUND17 https:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetworkWe're looking forward to getting these out! Participants also get a little something special for first session tomo… https://t.co/bhY9E35ZKh
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @Queensland: Congrats to Good Boy for taking out the Rock award! ???? thank you for having us @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork https://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Amongst all the talent here @QMusicNetwork Awards there's been an amazing shoey and a collective knock knock joke #ql…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @HeyGeronimo: Oh sheeeit! ? Thanks v much to all the legendary bands who were in the clip + @QMusicNetwork, Pete, Jaymis and Lauren. And…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @ceowithpassion: Breathtaking tribute to Ritchie Yorke and Carol Lloyd at the QMA's with George @QMusicNetwork https://t.co/XNcK2qTySGRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @damiandmusic: Q Music Awards- Best Female Artist! Thank you all who voted for me? It means so much to be recognized by fellow Queenslan…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Mar@QMusicNetwork
Industry Connect - Limited Spaces Remain
Industry Connect is a new music program bringing music industry professionals from around Australia to regional Queensland to help anyone interested in building a sustainable career in the music industry.
QMusic’s Industry Connect program is designed to help early/intermediate career musicians and workers get the knowledge, relationships and opportunities they need to succeed!
Industry Connect provides showcase opportunities throughout the year, for musicians within the program. While travel grants can help to bring you to BIGSOUND in September 2017.
Did we mention it's FREE?
Over 13 sessions you’ll learn how to:
- Take your song-writing to the next level
- Successfully promote your music on digital music platforms like Spotify and Pandora
- Run a successful tour
- Build a team around you or manage your own career
- And much, much more…..
It’s also a great chance to meet other people in your local area that can help you get ahead.
Places are limited, register your interest to attend:
A selection of the solo artists and bands participating in Industry Connect will get the chance to play at showcase gigs attended by representatives from Australian record labels and publishers.
Participants who attend 80% or more of the Industry Connect sessions will also be considered for travel and ticketing support to attend BIGSOUND, Australia’s premier music industry event, held in Brisbane every September.
Some of the music industry professionals confirmed for the program include:
Huw Nolan - Director of Artist Management and Record label, Good Manners Music (VIC)
clients include Banofee, Kilo, Lucianclomkamp, Planette
Jackson Walkden – Brown - Music lawyer, Chris Chow Creative Lawyers (NSW)
clients include Eskimo Joe, Wolfmother, MGM, Ministry Of Sound
John Mullen - Head of A&R at Dew Process (QLD)
working with Bernard Fanning, Circa Waves, Last Dinosaurs, Mumford & Sons, Kingswood
Joe Alexander - Director / A&R, Bedroom Suck Records (VIC)
working with Totally Mild, Blank Realm, Terrible Truths
Ali Tomoana - Director & Artist Manager, Soul Has No Tempo (QLD)
clients include Sampology, Jordan Rakei, Tiana Khasi
Sarah Chipman – Publicist, Title Track (QLD)
clients include Sticky Fingers, Cub Sport, Tired Lion, West Thebarton Brothel Party
Tim Price - Publicist/Director, Price War/ Collison Course (QLD)
clients include Sydonia, Twelve Foot Ninja, Dead Letter Circus
Tyler McLoughlan - Music license broker, The Sound Pound (QLD)
Plus many more to be announced.
Whether you want to be touring musician, artist manager or understand how to book a venue, be a music publicist or start your own record label, Industry Connect is all about arming you with the knowledge and resources to make the right decisions and connect you to the right people.
Industry Connect is delivered by QMusic, Queensland’s music industry development association. QMusic creates pathways to music industry success.
Plug in. Skill Up. Amplify.
QMusic is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
Published: 15 Mar 2017 by QMusic Newsdesk