- 21 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Want to play #BIGSOUND17? Apply now: https://t.co/D1c5Vje0St https://t.co/KP1WbMxEQnRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @APRAAMCOS: J'ADORE ?. @AmySharkmusic x @BusbyMarou at Monday night's #APRAs: https://t.co/TUHvc1JGFQRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Watch highlights from the 2017 #QldMusicAwards! https://t.co/zkkE0YZCYc ? TreeTrunk Production House ? Confidence Man…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @musicnt: BIGSOUND offering BIG MONEY, and a BIG opportunity for Aussie musicians! https://t.co/GdC2hegvf1Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: BIGSOUND returns 5-8 September 2017. Apply to play and you could share in $100,000 thanks to @LEVIS. #BIGSOUND17 https:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetworkWe're looking forward to getting these out! Participants also get a little something special for first session tomo… https://t.co/bhY9E35ZKh
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @Queensland: Congrats to Good Boy for taking out the Rock award! ???? thank you for having us @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork https://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Amongst all the talent here @QMusicNetwork Awards there's been an amazing shoey and a collective knock knock joke #ql…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @HeyGeronimo: Oh sheeeit! ? Thanks v much to all the legendary bands who were in the clip + @QMusicNetwork, Pete, Jaymis and Lauren. And…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @ceowithpassion: Breathtaking tribute to Ritchie Yorke and Carol Lloyd at the QMA's with George @QMusicNetwork https://t.co/XNcK2qTySGRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @damiandmusic: Q Music Awards- Best Female Artist! Thank you all who voted for me? It means so much to be recognized by fellow Queenslan…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Mar@QMusicNetwork
BIGSOUND Announces $100K Levi's® Music Prize
BIGSOUND, the southern hemisphere’s biggest celebration of new music, will take things to the next level in 2017, courtesy of the Levi’s® Music Prize - a $100,000 annual prize pool announced today for BIGSOUND artist alumni. Australian artists now have one more in a long list of reasons to apply to showcase at BIGSOUND, with an expanded program held this September 5-8 in its ancestral home, Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley.
This $100,000 prize pool is the largest music prize in Australian music history. It supports artists that have built significant initial career momentum via their BIGSOUND experience, but who need a financial leg-up to keep moving forward.
Courtney Barnett, Flume, Rufus, Seth Sentry, Gang of Youths, DMAs, Kingswood, The Temper Trap, Megan Washington, DZ Deathrays, Ball Park Music, San Cisco, Boy & Bear, Tash Sultana, The Jezabels, A.B.Original, Middle Kids, Methyl Ethel and many more have used BIGSOUND as a springboard into international markets. 2017 will see a new wave of talent play the festival and become eligible for the Levi’s Music Prize.
“This partnership with the Levi’s® brand is a game-changer for Australian music export,” said QMusic Executive Officer Joel Edmondson. “It is a major commitment by the Levi’s brand to the music sector that has been designed to further enhance the value BIGSOUND can offer our brightest talents to achieve their international goals. The Levi’s® Music Prize creates an important new link in the support chain, enabling artists to capitalise on the opportunities created by showcasing in front of over a hundred international industry players at BIGSOUND.”
“I am super proud to be launching the Levi’s® Music Prize at this year’s BIGSOUND. This project has been a few years in the making and is an initial 3-year commitment that we plan to build out with additional opportunities for artists over the coming years”, said Levi’s® Marketing Manager for Australia & New Zealand Nicky Rowsell.
“Music has always been a part of the Levi’s® brand DNA. It therefore made perfect sense for us to create the Levi’s® Music Prize as a platform to export Australian talent to the world and further give back to the local music community and all that it stands for.”
The Levi’s® Music Prize fulfils BIGSOUND’s ambition to deliver increasing value to showcasing artists, as well as cementing the Levi’s® brand’s ongoing commitment to the Australian music industry. Administered by QMusic in conjunction with Sounds Australia, the prize provides multiple opportunities for BIGSOUND artists as they build their international careers post-BIGSOUND. An initial $25,000 prize will be awarded on the final day of BIGSOUND, as judged by a panel of visiting international music industry experts. The program will then be opened up to BIGSOUND alumni that have featured in the showcase over the last five years to apply for further $25,000 prizes over the following 3 quarters.
To further increase the opportunities for artists vying for the Levi’s® Music Prize, BIGSOUND will also expand to a four-night format, with each artist now given the opportunity to play twice across the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night event.
“The choice was an easy one, with our focus purely on making sure that artists get the best opportunity possible to get in front of the people that matter. We have dozens of internationals flying halfway around the world to see great Australian music and we want to give them the best opportunity to see the acts they want to see in the best possible setting,” said Joel Edmondson. “Expanding to an additional night also makes for a far better experience for punters, with extra chances to see their next favourite band.”
Queensland Premier and Minister for the Arts Annastacia Palaszczuk said the Queensland Government was proud to support local musical talent through QMusic and its initiatives such as BIGSOUND.
"BIGSOUND, one of Australia’s premier music events, showcases our songwriters and performers to the world. This unique musical gathering attracts more than 1300 delegates from across the country and the globe, with 160 bands and artists featured across 16 venues in Brisbane each year," Ms Palaszczuk said.
"This event connects local emerging talent with national and international industry networks and provides important export pathways for artists."
“It is wonderful to see the private sector support the growth of BIGSOUND and increasing opportunities to showcase Queensland’s contemporary musicians.”
Applications to play at BIGSOUND Festival 2017 are now opened via www.bigsound.org.au.
Industry tickets for BIGSOUND 2017 go on sale today with special early-bird rates available until May 14.
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements about BIGSOUND’s evolution in 2017!
BUY EARLY BIRD TICKETS
BIGSOUND is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and Tourism and Events Queensland. BIGSOUND has been assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia Council of the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body.
Published: 03 Apr 2017 by QMusic Newsdesk