- 21 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Want to play #BIGSOUND17? Apply now: https://t.co/D1c5Vje0St https://t.co/KP1WbMxEQnRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @APRAAMCOS: J'ADORE ?. @AmySharkmusic x @BusbyMarou at Monday night's #APRAs: https://t.co/TUHvc1JGFQRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Watch highlights from the 2017 #QldMusicAwards! https://t.co/zkkE0YZCYc ? TreeTrunk Production House ? Confidence Man…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @musicnt: BIGSOUND offering BIG MONEY, and a BIG opportunity for Aussie musicians! https://t.co/GdC2hegvf1Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: BIGSOUND returns 5-8 September 2017. Apply to play and you could share in $100,000 thanks to @LEVIS. #BIGSOUND17 https:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetworkWe're looking forward to getting these out! Participants also get a little something special for first session tomo… https://t.co/bhY9E35ZKh
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @Queensland: Congrats to Good Boy for taking out the Rock award! ???? thank you for having us @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork https://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Amongst all the talent here @QMusicNetwork Awards there's been an amazing shoey and a collective knock knock joke #ql…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @HeyGeronimo: Oh sheeeit! ? Thanks v much to all the legendary bands who were in the clip + @QMusicNetwork, Pete, Jaymis and Lauren. And…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @ceowithpassion: Breathtaking tribute to Ritchie Yorke and Carol Lloyd at the QMA's with George @QMusicNetwork https://t.co/XNcK2qTySGRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @damiandmusic: Q Music Awards- Best Female Artist! Thank you all who voted for me? It means so much to be recognized by fellow Queenslan…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Mar@QMusicNetwork
BIGSOUND Visual Arts Showcase
Everyone knows that BIGSOUND is the place to be for musicians wanting to be seen by the music industry - but did you know that we'd like to create that same opportunity for visual artists?
Visual artists are an important part of the Australian music industry and we'd like to see BIGSOUND become a place where those artists also benefit from having so many of the world's music industry in one place.
If you're a talented and motivated visual artist with the ambition to work with musicians or music festivals from around the world, we'd love to hear from you!
Two options exist for visual artists to participate in BIGSOUND 2017:
BIGSOUND PUBLIC ART SHOWCASE
EOI by: 30 June 2017
This is an open call for Australian artists of all disciplines who wish to exhibit existing works to a music industry and public festival audience during BIGSOUND 2017. Works may be exhibited in the public realm or within live music venues in Fortitude Valley.
We will pay artwork transportation and installation costs, as well as provide the artist(s) with BIGSOUND delegate passes (worth $670 each) to come and meet with potential music industry collaborators. All works exhibited will be separately documented on the BIGSOUND Festival 2017 website.
Please send a link to the proposed artwork to BIGSOUND Festival Producer Jonny Ruddy - firstname.lastname@example.org
JOIN THE BIGSOUND FESTIVAL DESIGN TEAM!
Applications close: midnight May 7, 2017
Splendour in the Grass Senior Creative Manager Janne Scott will join BIGSOUND this year as the event's production design mentor. Janne will assemble a team of up to 10 artists to work alongside her on the design of bespoke artwork for BIGSOUND Festival. The artwork will appear in public spaces (Fortitude Valley Mall and outdoor event locations), live music venues and on stages.
We welcome applications from all disciplines, including animation, visual design, digital media, interactive, architecture, illustration, costume design, installation and performance art. Work could include projections, posters, vinyl wall decals, performances, sculptures, costumes, inflatables, decals + more.
You don't need any prior experience working in the festival context to join the team. Janne will facilitate a series of 3 workshops to bring you up to speed on best-practice in festival production design, site-specific design, and materials and construction. The workshop phase will be used to develop your ideas, come up with new ones in collaboration with the other participants, and identify which artworks are feasible to move through to the construction and exhibition phase.
The benefits of participation in the program are:
- An invaluable 3-day learning experience with one of Australia's leading event production designers
- All materials costs are covered (to a value approved by BIGSOUND depending on your project)
- You retain ownership of the artwork so you can showcase it elsewhere
- $500 fee paid to artists who are selected for the program and go on to create artwork for the Festival design.
- A full BIGSOUND delegate pass (worth $670) to make the most of the networking opportunities on offer
- The final works will be attributed to the participating artists and featured on the BIGSOUND Festival 2017 website.
To be eligible, you need to:
- Be a resident of South-East Queensland
- Be available to attend workshops on July 4, 5 and 29.
- Be flexible in your availability to work on the production and delivery of the final works between July 31 and 5 September
- Have a compelling portfolio of existing work
- Convince us you've got a great idea!
We welcome applications from all disciplines, including animation, design, digital media, architecture, installation and performance. This is a rare opportunity to learn from the best, and get your ideas in front of music festival directors from around the world.
This is a rare opportunity to learn from the best, and get your ideas in front of music festival directors from around the world.
Published: 20 Apr 2017 by QMusic Newsdesk