- 3 Dec@QMusicNetworkRT @AnnastaciaMP: Congrats to Brissie singer-songwriter Hannah Macklin, winner of 2016 Grant McLennan Fellowship. @QMusicNetwork @thetriffi…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: 60+ judges announced for 2017 @QldMusicAwards as entries near closing date: https://t.co/pcoCYSW6Gd https://t.co/giGa0nK…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 30 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @4ZZZ: We're gearing up to launch a lil something real soon... keep your eyes (and ears) peeled?? #ZedHot100 https://t.co/flKhUWujJnRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetworkApplications for 2017 Billy Thorpe Scholarship are closing soon! ? ? ? ? ?? Start your app today via our website… https://t.co/hMBzbQyZxc
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: .@CrowbarBris wants you to say no to plastic straws with its new request-only policy for the tubey little bastards: http…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 9 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 9 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @MusicMattersANZ: Congratulations to the finalists in the @artsqueensland, @APRAAMCOS and @QMusicNetwork Grant McLennan Fellowship. http…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @bmagBrisbane: #Brisbane's got talent. The finalists for this year's #GrantMcLennanFellowship have been announced. https://t.co/EFjDeKbj…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: If you're an Australian artist, manager, booking agent or promoter please fill out this @APRAAMCOS survey: https://t.co/V8f8krpkgXRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: .@LeanneTennant @BecLaughton @mko_sun & @SegaDreamboat named as finalists for 2016 $25k Grant McLennan Fellowship: https…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 1 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @VandaYoungComp: $150,000 in prizes! The 2016 @IntlSongComp deadline is this Friday! Enter your songs at https://t.co/vEKLYqSVwK https:/…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @brisbanecityqld: Kick-start your creative idea with a $25,000 grant. Hurry, only one week left to apply for the Innovation Award! https…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @BrisFestival: Love contemporary music? Want to bring acts to Bris in 2017 & 2018? Apply today, be a Contemporary Music Programmer! http…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @AusAAM: We've just announced the successful mentees for 2016 Artist Manager Mentor Program + announced our new ED! https://t.co/uhNhzCC…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
The Hilltop Hoods Initiative Returns for 2012
A $10,000 grant funded by the Hilltop Hoods and APRA to help emerging Aussie Hip Hop artists manufacture, market and release an album. In addition to $10k funding, the winner receives legal advice, a Shure Mic prize pack and an invite to showcase at Song Summit, 26-28 May 2012. Applications close Feb 28th.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of any age (but it is expected that you will be in the early stages of your career). To be eligible for the HTH initiative you must be:
- An emerging Australian based Hip Hop/Soul artist or group who has not released an album professionally.
- An Australian citizen or must have been a legal resident of Australia for the past two (consecutive) years.
- Applicants must be an APRA member or have at least made application to join APRA. For more information on joining APRA go to www.apra-amcos.com.au
You are not eligible if you are:
- A previous recipients of the HTH Initiative
- An APRA employee (or an immediate family member of an APRA employee)
What is the grant for?
The grant is for costs associated with manufacturing, marketing and distributing a CD of at least five original songs. This can include:
- CD artwork/design
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Postal and administrative costs associated directly with the project
Please note, the grant does not cover:
- Recording costs
- Equipment purchases
For more information visit the APRA website.
All applications must be received by 28 February 2012.
Published: 09 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk