- 24 Apr@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND 2015 - Dates set, tix now on sale - Program and speakers to be announced soon http://t.co/lGAb2g1WjF
- 24 Apr@QMusicNetworkQMusic's New Executive Officer on how he intends to help the QLD music industry capitalise on its many strengths http://t.co/xl8ki1shhY
- 20 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @brisbanecityqld: The second The QUBE Effect showcase is on this Sunday at Roma Street Parkland to close #youthweekbne with a bang! http…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 17 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkOpportunity Alert! for emerging Gold Coast musicians: Indie Now's 6-month Professional Development Programs - http://t.co/YkOQopy0bd
- 30 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 19 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: ANNOUNCEMENT: Preferred supplier deal between @AMINetwork & @TravelBeyondOz set to aid Australian musicians travel http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 16 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @indie_100: It's official! This year is your final chance to participate in the #Indie100. Apply now - http://t.co/lX4vJrqI2k http://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 12 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: AMIN recently conducted a survey of its members relating to financial matters & travel habits. Read the full report : http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Who's up to party?! Get your tix the 2015 QMAs here: http://t.co/mGf5V7pt0c MON 30 MAR @Bris_Powerhouse http://t.co/K…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Get your votes in for .@BOQ People's Choice Awards! VOTE & WIN! Round 1 closes midnight tonight - http://t.co/grjX0pc…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 26 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: Win tickets to @QldMusicAwards at @Bris_Powerhouse 30 March (valued at $80) @QMusicNetwork - http://t.co/OP4EkQ9Jmg http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 23 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Feb@QMusicNetwork@AWME thanks for letting us know. We'll spread the word!
- 19 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @Andrew_McMillen: My fellow speakers include the great @JennyValentish, @SixFtHick + @KelliePlaysBass. Register here: http://t.co/FnTMoW…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
The Hilltop Hoods Initiative Returns for 2012
A $10,000 grant funded by the Hilltop Hoods and APRA to help emerging Aussie Hip Hop artists manufacture, market and release an album. In addition to $10k funding, the winner receives legal advice, a Shure Mic prize pack and an invite to showcase at Song Summit, 26-28 May 2012. Applications close Feb 28th.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of any age (but it is expected that you will be in the early stages of your career). To be eligible for the HTH initiative you must be:
- An emerging Australian based Hip Hop/Soul artist or group who has not released an album professionally.
- An Australian citizen or must have been a legal resident of Australia for the past two (consecutive) years.
- Applicants must be an APRA member or have at least made application to join APRA. For more information on joining APRA go to www.apra-amcos.com.au
You are not eligible if you are:
- A previous recipients of the HTH Initiative
- An APRA employee (or an immediate family member of an APRA employee)
What is the grant for?
The grant is for costs associated with manufacturing, marketing and distributing a CD of at least five original songs. This can include:
- CD artwork/design
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Postal and administrative costs associated directly with the project
Please note, the grant does not cover:
- Recording costs
- Equipment purchases
For more information visit the APRA website.
All applications must be received by 28 February 2012.
Published: 09 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).