- 9 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 27 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 21 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkWe're coming to the business end of these Australia Council funding rounds, with two closing next week! http://t.co/ffJ3wHmBRy
- 28 Oct@QMusicNetworkRegister now for tomorrow night's electonic music workshop. It's the last of our free October PD workshop series! http://t.co/b0wiR0n3li
- 22 Oct@QMusicNetworkGrants galore!! Well, four to be exact. Applications are open across a number of opportunities in music through OzCo: http://t.co/jMIhLB5u1S
- 21 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Oct@QMusicNetworkJoin us in the Queen St Mall tomorrow afternoon from 2pm for a very special performance of the Songs of Roma House: http://t.co/HAIbCPF9xA
- 11 Oct@QMusicNetworkReminder: local bands and DJs, you have until 5pm Monday to get on this! http://t.co/hNJYkAvmpZ
- 10 Oct@QMusicNetworkIs your music Australian Music Prize -worthy? Make sure you've submitted your 2013-released album. http://t.co/Te59ZKkiIz
- 8 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 1 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Sep@QMusicNetworkSupport Coffee Break in getting behind an excellent cause! http://t.co/jskYDwypEu
- 24 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Sep@QMusicNetworkRELEASE apps close at midnight! Last chance for you label owners to be a part of the program and watch your work grow http://t.co/yQ3lX7bD0X
- 19 Sep@QMusicNetworkRun an independent label? Want to learn how to grow your business? RELEASE Workshop applications are open now! http://t.co/yQ3lX7bD0X
- 11 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Aug@QMusicNetworkMore BIG news for BIGSOUND, with the final program and showcases announced for BIGSOUND Music+Design today! http://t.co/2Gs1kbsYPM
- 8 Aug@QMusicNetworkIMPORTANT: BIGSOUND Special Rate registrations close at midnight tonight. Don't say you weren't warned! http://t.co/lMAvImaAB8
- 7 Aug@QMusicNetwork
The Hilltop Hoods Initiative Returns for 2012
A $10,000 grant funded by the Hilltop Hoods and APRA to help emerging Aussie Hip Hop artists manufacture, market and release an album. In addition to $10k funding, the winner receives legal advice, a Shure Mic prize pack and an invite to showcase at Song Summit, 26-28 May 2012. Applications close Feb 28th.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of any age (but it is expected that you will be in the early stages of your career). To be eligible for the HTH initiative you must be:
- An emerging Australian based Hip Hop/Soul artist or group who has not released an album professionally.
- An Australian citizen or must have been a legal resident of Australia for the past two (consecutive) years.
- Applicants must be an APRA member or have at least made application to join APRA. For more information on joining APRA go to www.apra-amcos.com.au
You are not eligible if you are:
- A previous recipients of the HTH Initiative
- An APRA employee (or an immediate family member of an APRA employee)
What is the grant for?
The grant is for costs associated with manufacturing, marketing and distributing a CD of at least five original songs. This can include:
- CD artwork/design
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Postal and administrative costs associated directly with the project
Please note, the grant does not cover:
- Recording costs
- Equipment purchases
For more information visit the APRA website.
All applications must be received by 28 February 2012.
Published: 09 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk