- 18 Dec@QMusicNetworkCheck your hearing and find out if your lifestyle is putting it at risk with the Know Your Noise website: http://t.co/WzYqR44KxV
- 16 Dec@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Final QMA Featured Artist of the week for 2014 is...@Tjupurru!!! Didjeridu + Electro = Didjetronica. Check it out! ht…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Dec@QMusicNetwork$10,000 Billy Thorpe Scholarship applications close tonight at midnight: http://t.co/7qjTPhsp94
- 10 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Dec@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: BIG NEWS DROP! Deadline for QMAs has been EXTENDED by 1 week only!! 2015 QMAs presented by @BOQ and @hutchies1912 http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 2 Dec@QMusicNetworkWant $10,000 of support towards your music? Hell yeah! Get your applications in now for the Billy Thorpe Scholarship http://t.co/SEAynpU4JW
- 2 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 27 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: @thegrates! Our Featured Artist of the Week. 2015 QMAs presented by @BOQ and @hutchies1912 are open! Apply here: http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Brisbane high school band The Missing are our Featured Artist of the week! https://t.co/XcFBwa4b8B http://t.co/Ctpz9jAw…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkThe Billy Thorpe Scholarship is open for applications! Apply now if you're an emerging QLD musician or band - http://t.co/7qjTPhaO10
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Leanne Tennant is our first featured QMA entry! http://t.co/NH25sYCrMw 2015 QMAs presented by @BOQ and @hutchies1912 ht…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: With @QldMusicAwards nominations now open, we chat with 2013 Urban winner @BlaqCarrie26 @QMusicNetwork #QMAs #music - htt…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 24 Oct@QMusicNetwork
The Hilltop Hoods Initiative Returns for 2012
A $10,000 grant funded by the Hilltop Hoods and APRA to help emerging Aussie Hip Hop artists manufacture, market and release an album. In addition to $10k funding, the winner receives legal advice, a Shure Mic prize pack and an invite to showcase at Song Summit, 26-28 May 2012. Applications close Feb 28th.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of any age (but it is expected that you will be in the early stages of your career). To be eligible for the HTH initiative you must be:
- An emerging Australian based Hip Hop/Soul artist or group who has not released an album professionally.
- An Australian citizen or must have been a legal resident of Australia for the past two (consecutive) years.
- Applicants must be an APRA member or have at least made application to join APRA. For more information on joining APRA go to www.apra-amcos.com.au
You are not eligible if you are:
- A previous recipients of the HTH Initiative
- An APRA employee (or an immediate family member of an APRA employee)
What is the grant for?
The grant is for costs associated with manufacturing, marketing and distributing a CD of at least five original songs. This can include:
- CD artwork/design
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Postal and administrative costs associated directly with the project
Please note, the grant does not cover:
- Recording costs
- Equipment purchases
For more information visit the APRA website.
All applications must be received by 28 February 2012.
Published: 09 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).