- 24 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @IanWalker_MP: Congrats 2014 #GrantMcLennan finalists #TheKiteStringTangle #TheTroublewithTempleton #MosmanAlder #JackieMarshall http://…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 21 Oct@QMusicNetworkTURN UP! a free event of professional development, insight and performances is on this Thursday. More info here - https://t.co/SNg9R3gDiT
- 16 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 15 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: In Brisbane on 18 Nov, @MusicCouncilAus and @QMusicNetwork present 'Music Copyright – the Artist and the Internet'. http://t.co/S…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 8 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @aaqld: Want help writing grant apps? Call us today to book @artsqueensland's grant writing workshop tomoz @ 5.30pm details http://t.co/…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 30 Sep@QMusicNetworkRT @G20Cultural: Its here! The epic Music Program line-up. 24 days of free music across Brisbane as part of the #G20Cultural... http://t.co…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 26 Sep@QMusicNetworkMid-career music managers in Aus and NZ, you only have til Monday to apply for CONTROL - get your business growing! http://t.co/VgzJlcQlIG
- 24 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 19 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Sep@QMusicNetworkThat's @BIGSOUNDtweets for another year! Thanks to all for getting involved! If you have a survey from us, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
- 12 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 12 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Sep@QMusicNetworkIf you're not already, keep up with all the BIGSOUND action over at @BIGSOUNDtweets!
- 10 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Sep@QMusicNetwork
QMA 2013 Finalist Katie Noonan
The Hilltop Hoods Initiative Returns for 2012
A $10,000 grant funded by the Hilltop Hoods and APRA to help emerging Aussie Hip Hop artists manufacture, market and release an album. In addition to $10k funding, the winner receives legal advice, a Shure Mic prize pack and an invite to showcase at Song Summit, 26-28 May 2012. Applications close Feb 28th.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of any age (but it is expected that you will be in the early stages of your career). To be eligible for the HTH initiative you must be:
- An emerging Australian based Hip Hop/Soul artist or group who has not released an album professionally.
- An Australian citizen or must have been a legal resident of Australia for the past two (consecutive) years.
- Applicants must be an APRA member or have at least made application to join APRA. For more information on joining APRA go to www.apra-amcos.com.au
You are not eligible if you are:
- A previous recipients of the HTH Initiative
- An APRA employee (or an immediate family member of an APRA employee)
What is the grant for?
The grant is for costs associated with manufacturing, marketing and distributing a CD of at least five original songs. This can include:
- CD artwork/design
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Postal and administrative costs associated directly with the project
Please note, the grant does not cover:
- Recording costs
- Equipment purchases
For more information visit the APRA website.
All applications must be received by 28 February 2012.
Published: 09 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).