- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
QMusic Presents 'The Hook Up'
Industry guests for the fourth and final workshop in QMusic's 2012 'The Hook Up' networking series have been announced... and it's another great line-up! This final workshop - on Wed April 4th at the Judith Wright Centre - focuses on IMAGE and gets you up close and personal with Brisbane industry.
This is the last in a series of four networking events designed for you to get the chance to meet industry's local movers and shakers - including photographers, graphic designers, web designers, music videographers...
Find out how they can help you achieve the business model, the image, the networks and get your musical career moving.
'The Hook Up' events are all free to attend. Numbers are strictly limited and bookings are essential.
Wednesday March 7: 'SOUND' (THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE)
Industry guests for this event are: Magoo (Applewood), Jeff Lovejoy (Blackbox Studios), Caleb James (Producer, Arranger, Musician, Composer), Matthew Gray (Matthew Gray Mastering), Stephen Bartlett (The Docking Station), James North (James North Productions), Marly Luske (Alchemix Studios), Tristan Hoogland (Gasworks Studios), Cam Smith (Producer), Nick Christy (R & D Records), Yanto Browning (Producer), Matt O'Connor (The AnR Department).
Wednesday March 21: 'BUSINESS' (THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE)
Hook up with managers, booking agents, accountants, lawyers and more.
Industry guests announced for this event are: Ben Preece (Mucho Bravado), Chris O’Neill (APRA), Paul Curtis (Valve), John Kenny (Kenny and Co Lawyers), Scott Maughan (Independent Accountant Professional), Brian Tucker (Brian Tucker Accountants), Erin Wheatley (Bandtag/Brandtag), Tyler McLoughlan (The Sound Pound), Tim Price (PriceWar Music), Hugh Brown (Musowiki), Stu Watters (Morph TV)
Wednesday March 28: 'RELEASE' (THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE)
Hook up with record labels, publicists and project managers. [book here]
Industry guests announced for this event are: Lawrence English (Room 40), Craig Spann (SugarRush Music), Tim Price (Starving Kids Records), Pete Collins (Mere Noise Records), Andrew White (Lofly Records), Chris Harms (Editor Rave Magazine), Evan Alexander (Heapsaflash), Stephen Green (SGC Media), Steve Bell (Editor Time Off Magazine), Graham Ashton (Footstomp Records), Gareth Bryant (Editor Scene Magazine), Julia Bridger (Footstomp Music), Caroline Russo (Russo PR).
Wednesday April 4: 'IMAGE'
Hook up with photographers, graphic designers, web designers, music videographers. [book here]
Industry guests announced for this event are: Alex Barnes (Silver Screen Productions), Tim Spooner (Wild Parlour), Chris Cotton (Yarn), Stephen Booth (Stephen Booth Photography), Mel Baxter and Andrew Weber (Moonshine Madness), Eleni Toumpas (Photographer), John Stubbs (Photographer), Lix Bacskay (WHCreative), Lucas (Creative Demons), Tim Steward, Joyce Ho (Studio Breeder), David Blackley (Her Name is Murder Productuions)
All events are held at 6pm - 8pm at the Shopfront - Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts.
Proudly supported by the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts.
Published: 07 Mar 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk