- 18 Dec@QMusicNetworkCheck your hearing and find out if your lifestyle is putting it at risk with the Know Your Noise website: http://t.co/WzYqR44KxV
- 16 Dec@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Final QMA Featured Artist of the week for 2014 is...@Tjupurru!!! Didjeridu + Electro = Didjetronica. Check it out! ht…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Dec@QMusicNetwork$10,000 Billy Thorpe Scholarship applications close tonight at midnight: http://t.co/7qjTPhsp94
- 10 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Dec@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: BIG NEWS DROP! Deadline for QMAs has been EXTENDED by 1 week only!! 2015 QMAs presented by @BOQ and @hutchies1912 http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 2 Dec@QMusicNetworkWant $10,000 of support towards your music? Hell yeah! Get your applications in now for the Billy Thorpe Scholarship http://t.co/SEAynpU4JW
- 2 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 27 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: @thegrates! Our Featured Artist of the Week. 2015 QMAs presented by @BOQ and @hutchies1912 are open! Apply here: http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Brisbane high school band The Missing are our Featured Artist of the week! https://t.co/XcFBwa4b8B http://t.co/Ctpz9jAw…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 11 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkThe Billy Thorpe Scholarship is open for applications! Apply now if you're an emerging QLD musician or band - http://t.co/7qjTPhaO10
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Leanne Tennant is our first featured QMA entry! http://t.co/NH25sYCrMw 2015 QMAs presented by @BOQ and @hutchies1912 ht…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Oct@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: With @QldMusicAwards nominations now open, we chat with 2013 Urban winner @BlaqCarrie26 @QMusicNetwork #QMAs #music - htt…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 24 Oct@QMusicNetwork
QMusic Presents 'The Hook Up'
Industry guests for the fourth and final workshop in QMusic's 2012 'The Hook Up' networking series have been announced... and it's another great line-up! This final workshop - on Wed April 4th at the Judith Wright Centre - focuses on IMAGE and gets you up close and personal with Brisbane industry.
This is the last in a series of four networking events designed for you to get the chance to meet industry's local movers and shakers - including photographers, graphic designers, web designers, music videographers...
Find out how they can help you achieve the business model, the image, the networks and get your musical career moving.
'The Hook Up' events are all free to attend. Numbers are strictly limited and bookings are essential.
Wednesday March 7: 'SOUND' (THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE)
Industry guests for this event are: Magoo (Applewood), Jeff Lovejoy (Blackbox Studios), Caleb James (Producer, Arranger, Musician, Composer), Matthew Gray (Matthew Gray Mastering), Stephen Bartlett (The Docking Station), James North (James North Productions), Marly Luske (Alchemix Studios), Tristan Hoogland (Gasworks Studios), Cam Smith (Producer), Nick Christy (R & D Records), Yanto Browning (Producer), Matt O'Connor (The AnR Department).
Wednesday March 21: 'BUSINESS' (THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE)
Hook up with managers, booking agents, accountants, lawyers and more.
Industry guests announced for this event are: Ben Preece (Mucho Bravado), Chris O’Neill (APRA), Paul Curtis (Valve), John Kenny (Kenny and Co Lawyers), Scott Maughan (Independent Accountant Professional), Brian Tucker (Brian Tucker Accountants), Erin Wheatley (Bandtag/Brandtag), Tyler McLoughlan (The Sound Pound), Tim Price (PriceWar Music), Hugh Brown (Musowiki), Stu Watters (Morph TV)
Wednesday March 28: 'RELEASE' (THIS EVENT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE)
Hook up with record labels, publicists and project managers. [book here]
Industry guests announced for this event are: Lawrence English (Room 40), Craig Spann (SugarRush Music), Tim Price (Starving Kids Records), Pete Collins (Mere Noise Records), Andrew White (Lofly Records), Chris Harms (Editor Rave Magazine), Evan Alexander (Heapsaflash), Stephen Green (SGC Media), Steve Bell (Editor Time Off Magazine), Graham Ashton (Footstomp Records), Gareth Bryant (Editor Scene Magazine), Julia Bridger (Footstomp Music), Caroline Russo (Russo PR).
Wednesday April 4: 'IMAGE'
Hook up with photographers, graphic designers, web designers, music videographers. [book here]
Industry guests announced for this event are: Alex Barnes (Silver Screen Productions), Tim Spooner (Wild Parlour), Chris Cotton (Yarn), Stephen Booth (Stephen Booth Photography), Mel Baxter and Andrew Weber (Moonshine Madness), Eleni Toumpas (Photographer), John Stubbs (Photographer), Lix Bacskay (WHCreative), Lucas (Creative Demons), Tim Steward, Joyce Ho (Studio Breeder), David Blackley (Her Name is Murder Productuions)
All events are held at 6pm - 8pm at the Shopfront - Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts.
Proudly supported by the Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts.
Published: 07 Mar 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).