- 6 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 5 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Mar@QMusicNetworkHuman Ventures is seeking a program manager for Shockwave! Applications close this Friday. http://t.co/PNztn3EkmU
- 26 Feb@QMusicNetworkThe first session of our Hook Up series for 2014 is all about recording studios and sound: https://t.co/XmuXpq0zdJ
- 25 Feb@QMusicNetworkATTN Americana artists of Queensland: this is your opportunity to showcase in the heartland itself! http://t.co/znpqLfGrVZ
- 24 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 12 Feb@QMusicNetworkTrying to work out the next step in your music career? This could be your opportunity to 'MAP' out the year ahead. http://t.co/5Vqc7dFSRS
- 4 Feb@QMusicNetworkAre you an artist or artsworker based in the Moreton Bay region? Good news! http://t.co/nbMWVAtAVr
- 21 Jan@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jan@QMusicNetworkRT @MJCrutcher: Ten years after Feeler, @PeteMurrayMusic on the album, his career and some valuable help from @QMusicNetwork http://t.co/Zf…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Jan@QMusicNetwork
- 9 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 27 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 21 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkWe're coming to the business end of these Australia Council funding rounds, with two closing next week! http://t.co/ffJ3wHmBRy
- 28 Oct@QMusicNetworkRegister now for tomorrow night's electonic music workshop. It's the last of our free October PD workshop series! http://t.co/b0wiR0n3li
- 22 Oct@QMusicNetworkGrants galore!! Well, four to be exact. Applications are open across a number of opportunities in music through OzCo: http://t.co/jMIhLB5u1S
- 21 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Oct@QMusicNetworkJoin us in the Queen St Mall tomorrow afternoon from 2pm for a very special performance of the Songs of Roma House: http://t.co/HAIbCPF9xA
- 11 Oct@QMusicNetworkReminder: local bands and DJs, you have until 5pm Monday to get on this! http://t.co/hNJYkAvmpZ
AWME 2012 Showcase Applications Now Open
More than 500 high profile local and international music reps from some of the world’s leading festivals, record labels, booking agencies and arts organisations come to Melbourne for AWME’s 5th birthday in November. Apply before April 20th for your chance to showcase to them!
Interested artists are invited to apply through the AWME website before 20 April 2012.
After four short years, AWME has established itself as the southern hemispheres premier music industry conference and showcase event for Roots music. AWME pioneers new networks and creates opportunities for musicians world wide by engaging with industry representatives from around the globe.
In 2011 AWME brought together 300 musicians, over 460 local and international delegates and over 8500 audience members for four days of music, workshops, seminars and showcase concerts.
Artists that have showcased at AWME since 2008 have secured substantial outcomes including: export, touring and festival opportunities such as Glastonbury (UK), Big Chill (UK), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (Ca, USA), various WOMADs, Fuji Rock (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Reunion Islands), Colours of Ostrava Festival (Czech Republic), Ulsan World Music Festival (South Korea), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), numerous Australian festivals including Bluesfest as well as deals with booking agents and record labels locally and abroad, increased media presence and much more.
Previous showcase performances have included Femi Kuti & The Positive Force (Nigeria), The Congos (Jamaica), Groundation (USA), Mulatu Astatke (Ethiopia), Mercan Dede (Turkey), Blue King Brown, Archie Roach, Katchafire (NZ), Dan Sultan, The Public Opinion Afro Orchestra, Mad Professor (UK), King Kapisi (NZ), The Raah Project, Mista Savona, Graveyard Train, Busby Marou, Frank Yamma, Jeff Lang, Narasirato (Solomon Islands), Lindigo (Réunion Island), The Woohoo Revue, Electric Wire Hustle (NZ), Tijuana Cartel, The Red Eyes, Skipping Girl Vinegar, Lotek, Kylie Auldist, The Last Kinection, Moab Stringband (PNG), Dubmarine, Moana and the Tribe (NZ), Kora (NZ), Brothablack, George Telek (PNG), The Chooky Dancers + many more.
An example of previous AWME delegates includes representatives from Glastonbury & Big Chill Festivals (UK), Fuji Rock Festival (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Réunion Island), Roskilde Festival (Denmark), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (USA), Ottawa Festivals (Canada), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), Festival Timitar (Morocco), Sziget Festival (Hungary), WOMEX (Europe), Babel Med (France), Rainforest World Music Festival (Malaysia), Popkomm (Germany), WOMADelaide, Bluesfest, Woodford Folk Festival, The Dreaming Festival, Sydney Festival, Darwin Festival, Queensland Music Festival, Meredith Music Festival, Adelaide Festival of the Arts, as well as from Planet Company MGM, Mushroom Music, Cumbancha (USA), Bacana Booking Agency (France), The Agency Group (USA), Earthbeat Booking Agency (The Netherlands), World Music Network (UK), Sandcastle Music, Premier Artists, Frontier Touring, Bigsound, Sounds Australia, Fuse Music, Skinnyfish Music, APRA + many more.
Artist showcase applications for AWME 2012 are open through the AWME website www.awme.com.au
AWME 2012: Thursday 15 – Sunday 18 November. Melbourne, Australia
Published: 25 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk