- 16 Apr@QMusicNetwork6 QLD songwriters present the story of the wives and widows of serving men, from WW2 to present day, in song http://t.co/UoADNtlk4n
- 16 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 15 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 15 Apr@QMusicNetworkArtists in the Wandoan, Miles, Dalby and Toowoomba! Songs of the Surat workshops are coming your way soon http://t.co/HTsM6lc3G1
- 15 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @rebelbuzz: Music Programming jobs going at @nightlifemusic #musicjobs @QMusicNetwork http://t.co/TMW7AZeLaeRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Apr@QMusicNetworkMusos of the Surat Basin - got an original song that's a work in progress? Bring it to one of our workshops in May http://t.co/ZmQ3YGcOkf
- 11 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Apr@QMusicNetworkForgot to sign up to Broadcast? We've got you covered - read about the latest news, wkshps and funding ops here - http://t.co/1rMHXPJpkU
- 10 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Apr@QMusicNetworkRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 10 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Apr@QMusicNetworkIt's Broadcast day! Get the low down on the latest opportunities across QLD and nationally - sign up now! http://t.co/hDDTQsqwFI
- 9 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 9 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 8 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 2 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BEMACpresents: #JobOpportunity BEMAC are currently looking for a full-time Producer to fulfil a 25 week contract http://t.co/NZLAgZr3rbRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 1 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @APRA: A big congratulations to @TMDaley! 2014 winner of the @hilltophoods Initiative! http://t.co/7ANTeXHGyBRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
QMA 2013 Finalist Harmony James
AWME 2012 Showcase Applications Now Open
More than 500 high profile local and international music reps from some of the world’s leading festivals, record labels, booking agencies and arts organisations come to Melbourne for AWME’s 5th birthday in November. Apply before April 20th for your chance to showcase to them!
Interested artists are invited to apply through the AWME website before 20 April 2012.
After four short years, AWME has established itself as the southern hemispheres premier music industry conference and showcase event for Roots music. AWME pioneers new networks and creates opportunities for musicians world wide by engaging with industry representatives from around the globe.
In 2011 AWME brought together 300 musicians, over 460 local and international delegates and over 8500 audience members for four days of music, workshops, seminars and showcase concerts.
Artists that have showcased at AWME since 2008 have secured substantial outcomes including: export, touring and festival opportunities such as Glastonbury (UK), Big Chill (UK), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (Ca, USA), various WOMADs, Fuji Rock (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Reunion Islands), Colours of Ostrava Festival (Czech Republic), Ulsan World Music Festival (South Korea), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), numerous Australian festivals including Bluesfest as well as deals with booking agents and record labels locally and abroad, increased media presence and much more.
Previous showcase performances have included Femi Kuti & The Positive Force (Nigeria), The Congos (Jamaica), Groundation (USA), Mulatu Astatke (Ethiopia), Mercan Dede (Turkey), Blue King Brown, Archie Roach, Katchafire (NZ), Dan Sultan, The Public Opinion Afro Orchestra, Mad Professor (UK), King Kapisi (NZ), The Raah Project, Mista Savona, Graveyard Train, Busby Marou, Frank Yamma, Jeff Lang, Narasirato (Solomon Islands), Lindigo (Réunion Island), The Woohoo Revue, Electric Wire Hustle (NZ), Tijuana Cartel, The Red Eyes, Skipping Girl Vinegar, Lotek, Kylie Auldist, The Last Kinection, Moab Stringband (PNG), Dubmarine, Moana and the Tribe (NZ), Kora (NZ), Brothablack, George Telek (PNG), The Chooky Dancers + many more.
An example of previous AWME delegates includes representatives from Glastonbury & Big Chill Festivals (UK), Fuji Rock Festival (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Réunion Island), Roskilde Festival (Denmark), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (USA), Ottawa Festivals (Canada), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), Festival Timitar (Morocco), Sziget Festival (Hungary), WOMEX (Europe), Babel Med (France), Rainforest World Music Festival (Malaysia), Popkomm (Germany), WOMADelaide, Bluesfest, Woodford Folk Festival, The Dreaming Festival, Sydney Festival, Darwin Festival, Queensland Music Festival, Meredith Music Festival, Adelaide Festival of the Arts, as well as from Planet Company MGM, Mushroom Music, Cumbancha (USA), Bacana Booking Agency (France), The Agency Group (USA), Earthbeat Booking Agency (The Netherlands), World Music Network (UK), Sandcastle Music, Premier Artists, Frontier Touring, Bigsound, Sounds Australia, Fuse Music, Skinnyfish Music, APRA + many more.
Artist showcase applications for AWME 2012 are open through the AWME website www.awme.com.au
AWME 2012: Thursday 15 – Sunday 18 November. Melbourne, Australia
Published: 25 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk