- 30 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 19 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: ANNOUNCEMENT: Preferred supplier deal between @AMINetwork & @TravelBeyondOz set to aid Australian musicians travel http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 16 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @indie_100: It's official! This year is your final chance to participate in the #Indie100. Apply now - http://t.co/lX4vJrqI2k http://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 12 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: AMIN recently conducted a survey of its members relating to financial matters & travel habits. Read the full report : http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Who's up to party?! Get your tix the 2015 QMAs here: http://t.co/mGf5V7pt0c MON 30 MAR @Bris_Powerhouse http://t.co/K…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Get your votes in for .@BOQ People's Choice Awards! VOTE & WIN! Round 1 closes midnight tonight - http://t.co/grjX0pc…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 26 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: Win tickets to @QldMusicAwards at @Bris_Powerhouse 30 March (valued at $80) @QMusicNetwork - http://t.co/OP4EkQ9Jmg http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 23 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Feb@QMusicNetwork@AWME thanks for letting us know. We'll spread the word!
- 19 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @Andrew_McMillen: My fellow speakers include the great @JennyValentish, @SixFtHick + @KelliePlaysBass. Register here: http://t.co/FnTMoW…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 19 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @612brisbane: Getting ready to chat about the @QMusicNetwork nominees and awards - http://t.co/WwNIKKAU3gRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 16 Feb@QMusicNetworkWestfield Garden City are giving one local band the chance to score a big break of $5,000 CASH + MORE PRIZES! http://t.co/aICdclYSjo
- 16 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 12 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 12 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 9 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 2 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Jan@QMusicNetworkValentine's Busk are looking for volunteers on the 14th Feb. Good for those interested in events and the arts: http://t.co/v8Kpdjdgs3
AWME 2012 Showcase Applications Now Open
More than 500 high profile local and international music reps from some of the world’s leading festivals, record labels, booking agencies and arts organisations come to Melbourne for AWME’s 5th birthday in November. Apply before April 20th for your chance to showcase to them!
Interested artists are invited to apply through the AWME website before 20 April 2012.
After four short years, AWME has established itself as the southern hemispheres premier music industry conference and showcase event for Roots music. AWME pioneers new networks and creates opportunities for musicians world wide by engaging with industry representatives from around the globe.
In 2011 AWME brought together 300 musicians, over 460 local and international delegates and over 8500 audience members for four days of music, workshops, seminars and showcase concerts.
Artists that have showcased at AWME since 2008 have secured substantial outcomes including: export, touring and festival opportunities such as Glastonbury (UK), Big Chill (UK), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (Ca, USA), various WOMADs, Fuji Rock (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Reunion Islands), Colours of Ostrava Festival (Czech Republic), Ulsan World Music Festival (South Korea), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), numerous Australian festivals including Bluesfest as well as deals with booking agents and record labels locally and abroad, increased media presence and much more.
Previous showcase performances have included Femi Kuti & The Positive Force (Nigeria), The Congos (Jamaica), Groundation (USA), Mulatu Astatke (Ethiopia), Mercan Dede (Turkey), Blue King Brown, Archie Roach, Katchafire (NZ), Dan Sultan, The Public Opinion Afro Orchestra, Mad Professor (UK), King Kapisi (NZ), The Raah Project, Mista Savona, Graveyard Train, Busby Marou, Frank Yamma, Jeff Lang, Narasirato (Solomon Islands), Lindigo (Réunion Island), The Woohoo Revue, Electric Wire Hustle (NZ), Tijuana Cartel, The Red Eyes, Skipping Girl Vinegar, Lotek, Kylie Auldist, The Last Kinection, Moab Stringband (PNG), Dubmarine, Moana and the Tribe (NZ), Kora (NZ), Brothablack, George Telek (PNG), The Chooky Dancers + many more.
An example of previous AWME delegates includes representatives from Glastonbury & Big Chill Festivals (UK), Fuji Rock Festival (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Réunion Island), Roskilde Festival (Denmark), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (USA), Ottawa Festivals (Canada), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), Festival Timitar (Morocco), Sziget Festival (Hungary), WOMEX (Europe), Babel Med (France), Rainforest World Music Festival (Malaysia), Popkomm (Germany), WOMADelaide, Bluesfest, Woodford Folk Festival, The Dreaming Festival, Sydney Festival, Darwin Festival, Queensland Music Festival, Meredith Music Festival, Adelaide Festival of the Arts, as well as from Planet Company MGM, Mushroom Music, Cumbancha (USA), Bacana Booking Agency (France), The Agency Group (USA), Earthbeat Booking Agency (The Netherlands), World Music Network (UK), Sandcastle Music, Premier Artists, Frontier Touring, Bigsound, Sounds Australia, Fuse Music, Skinnyfish Music, APRA + many more.
Artist showcase applications for AWME 2012 are open through the AWME website www.awme.com.au
AWME 2012: Thursday 15 – Sunday 18 November. Melbourne, Australia
Published: 25 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).