- 29 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @paradigmprint: These eyeballs are gonna be huge! #bigsound16 @QMusicNetwork @paradigmprint ??? https://t.co/aKTpDExkg3Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 18 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @CBAA_: Get music from artists playing @BIGSOUNDtweets for your #communityradio station or program via @AmrapsAirIt: https://t.co/uj1RxE…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @triplejunearthd: We just announced our Unearthed @BIGSOUNDtweets Stage Lineup + these winners! https://t.co/PYiIfzepow https://t.co/Wg7…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 2 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @BrisComCup: Great to see Cal from Rake at the Brisbane Community Cup Launch @AFLQ @ReclinkAus https://t.co/PWlbHaN44uRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 2 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @AmrapsAirIt: Get music by @BIGSOUNDtweets showcasing musicians @clairybrowne @MikeNoga & more in a special AirIt playlist here: https:/…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @AAABackstage: Entry for the tenth Grant McLennan Fellowship are now open! @QMusicNetwork > https://t.co/WxMTF1Wnl9Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 30 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @BrisComCup: The balls have been pumped and ready for New Farm Park @AFLQ @ReclinkAus @4ZZZ @AndrewBartlettRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 29 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: Nominations are open for the 2016 Grant McLennan Fellowship:? https://t.co/LMlxINpc0h https://t.co/4i6XGslH7MRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: Want to improve your networks in the industry? @QMusicNetwork is holding a networking night at @thezooooo on Aug 4. https://t.co/…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: Noms open for 2016 Grant McLennan Fellowship. @QMusicNetwork @artsqueensland @APRAAMCOS https://t.co/iS2JFLxTFD https://…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 19 Jul@QMusicNetwork@inigo_music Hey! We've been looking at something like this for some time! Might be some news soon, stay tuned!
- 19 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Hi @Queensland - we'll be coming to you next Wed and facilitating a masterclass panel with @QMusicNetwork https://t.co…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @IndiesNZ: From little things, big things grow! Isn't that the truth! Looking forward to 2016 @BIGSOUNDtweets https://t.co/RTUYAXxqJmRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
AWME 2012 Showcase Applications Now Open
More than 500 high profile local and international music reps from some of the world’s leading festivals, record labels, booking agencies and arts organisations come to Melbourne for AWME’s 5th birthday in November. Apply before April 20th for your chance to showcase to them!
Interested artists are invited to apply through the AWME website before 20 April 2012.
After four short years, AWME has established itself as the southern hemispheres premier music industry conference and showcase event for Roots music. AWME pioneers new networks and creates opportunities for musicians world wide by engaging with industry representatives from around the globe.
In 2011 AWME brought together 300 musicians, over 460 local and international delegates and over 8500 audience members for four days of music, workshops, seminars and showcase concerts.
Artists that have showcased at AWME since 2008 have secured substantial outcomes including: export, touring and festival opportunities such as Glastonbury (UK), Big Chill (UK), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (Ca, USA), various WOMADs, Fuji Rock (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Reunion Islands), Colours of Ostrava Festival (Czech Republic), Ulsan World Music Festival (South Korea), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), numerous Australian festivals including Bluesfest as well as deals with booking agents and record labels locally and abroad, increased media presence and much more.
Previous showcase performances have included Femi Kuti & The Positive Force (Nigeria), The Congos (Jamaica), Groundation (USA), Mulatu Astatke (Ethiopia), Mercan Dede (Turkey), Blue King Brown, Archie Roach, Katchafire (NZ), Dan Sultan, The Public Opinion Afro Orchestra, Mad Professor (UK), King Kapisi (NZ), The Raah Project, Mista Savona, Graveyard Train, Busby Marou, Frank Yamma, Jeff Lang, Narasirato (Solomon Islands), Lindigo (Réunion Island), The Woohoo Revue, Electric Wire Hustle (NZ), Tijuana Cartel, The Red Eyes, Skipping Girl Vinegar, Lotek, Kylie Auldist, The Last Kinection, Moab Stringband (PNG), Dubmarine, Moana and the Tribe (NZ), Kora (NZ), Brothablack, George Telek (PNG), The Chooky Dancers + many more.
An example of previous AWME delegates includes representatives from Glastonbury & Big Chill Festivals (UK), Fuji Rock Festival (Japan), Sakifo Festival (Réunion Island), Roskilde Festival (Denmark), Sierra Nevada World Music Festival (USA), Ottawa Festivals (Canada), Festival Mundial (The Netherlands), Festival Timitar (Morocco), Sziget Festival (Hungary), WOMEX (Europe), Babel Med (France), Rainforest World Music Festival (Malaysia), Popkomm (Germany), WOMADelaide, Bluesfest, Woodford Folk Festival, The Dreaming Festival, Sydney Festival, Darwin Festival, Queensland Music Festival, Meredith Music Festival, Adelaide Festival of the Arts, as well as from Planet Company MGM, Mushroom Music, Cumbancha (USA), Bacana Booking Agency (France), The Agency Group (USA), Earthbeat Booking Agency (The Netherlands), World Music Network (UK), Sandcastle Music, Premier Artists, Frontier Touring, Bigsound, Sounds Australia, Fuse Music, Skinnyfish Music, APRA + many more.
Artist showcase applications for AWME 2012 are open through the AWME website www.awme.com.au
AWME 2012: Thursday 15 – Sunday 18 November. Melbourne, Australia
Published: 25 Feb 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk