- 24 Apr@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND 2015 - Dates set, tix now on sale - Program and speakers to be announced soon http://t.co/lGAb2g1WjF
- 24 Apr@QMusicNetworkQMusic's New Executive Officer on how he intends to help the QLD music industry capitalise on its many strengths http://t.co/xl8ki1shhY
- 20 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @brisbanecityqld: The second The QUBE Effect showcase is on this Sunday at Roma Street Parkland to close #youthweekbne with a bang! http…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 17 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkOpportunity Alert! for emerging Gold Coast musicians: Indie Now's 6-month Professional Development Programs - http://t.co/YkOQopy0bd
- 30 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 19 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: ANNOUNCEMENT: Preferred supplier deal between @AMINetwork & @TravelBeyondOz set to aid Australian musicians travel http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 16 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @indie_100: It's official! This year is your final chance to participate in the #Indie100. Apply now - http://t.co/lX4vJrqI2k http://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 12 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: AMIN recently conducted a survey of its members relating to financial matters & travel habits. Read the full report : http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Who's up to party?! Get your tix the 2015 QMAs here: http://t.co/mGf5V7pt0c MON 30 MAR @Bris_Powerhouse http://t.co/K…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Get your votes in for .@BOQ People's Choice Awards! VOTE & WIN! Round 1 closes midnight tonight - http://t.co/grjX0pc…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 26 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: Win tickets to @QldMusicAwards at @Bris_Powerhouse 30 March (valued at $80) @QMusicNetwork - http://t.co/OP4EkQ9Jmg http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 23 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Feb@QMusicNetwork@AWME thanks for letting us know. We'll spread the word!
- 19 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @Andrew_McMillen: My fellow speakers include the great @JennyValentish, @SixFtHick + @KelliePlaysBass. Register here: http://t.co/FnTMoW…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
SLAM Makes History (Again!)
More than 100 music venues around the country come together on Feb 23rd to celebrate National SLAM Day! Recognising Australia’s live music scene (which contributes $1.2 billion to the economy!). SLAM Day creates history again as it simultaneously brings together more venues than ever to support a single cause!
According to the 2011 report 'Life’s Better with Live', live music contributes $1.2 billion to the economy and supports nearly 15,000 jobs nationally. An estimated 42 million patrons attended 328,000 venue-based gigs at 3,900 venues in 2009/10. Yet the report revealed that Australian musicians earn a mean average of just $12,200 from live performance.
For more information, or to register your venue for National SLAM Day, go to slamrally.org.
Published: 28 Jan 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).