- 3 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: Check out @SoundsAustralia's Thinking Global tour, travelling around the country right now! http://t.co/KAO2cHu8r5Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetworkCall for a cross-portfolio federal government approach to funding the contemporary popular music industry http://t.co/feti7Nsa6Z
- 2 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: .@APRA @Music_Aust @AusAAM @ausindies Call for cross-portfolio approach to funding Contemporary Popular Music Ind. http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 24 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 24 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: #traveldeals #donedirtcheap #wevegotyourback @TheMusicComAu @TravelBeyondOz http://t.co/3wgEwcUMaJRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 22 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @artsqueensland: Happy hums! Tix now on sale for #BIGSOUND2015: http://t.co/ThjjBIBu8p #livemusic #brisbane @BIGSOUNDtweets @QMusicNetwo…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 19 Jun@QMusicNetworkFind Out What You Need To Set Up Your Own Recording Studio From The Ground Up! Free QMusic Hook Up Session Next Week http://t.co/est6HtWVvu
- 19 Jun@QMusicNetworkHelp Us Create A Vision For The QLD Music Industry! http://t.co/DUr2GH5SGI
- 19 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @themusicnetwork: Music bodies, charities, call out for tax deductible donations. http://t.co/h45ZeDEcux @musicwa @QMusicNetwork @musicn…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 19 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 17 Jun@QMusicNetworkBIGSOUND Live Announces First 50 Artists For Australia's Biggest Festival Of New Music http://t.co/Y7xEq4jfYu
- 10 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 5 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @CraigFossey: Industry conversation about the Brandis Arts budget is not going away soon...here is the opinion of @QMusicNetwork http://…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 1 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @musiciio: 'Always on the UP...@QMusicNetwork is a great support... ' @bobbyalu http://t.co/JhYNRyGGWY #brisbanemusicscene #livemusic #…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
SLAM Makes History (Again!)
More than 100 music venues around the country come together on Feb 23rd to celebrate National SLAM Day! Recognising Australia’s live music scene (which contributes $1.2 billion to the economy!). SLAM Day creates history again as it simultaneously brings together more venues than ever to support a single cause!
According to the 2011 report 'Life’s Better with Live', live music contributes $1.2 billion to the economy and supports nearly 15,000 jobs nationally. An estimated 42 million patrons attended 328,000 venue-based gigs at 3,900 venues in 2009/10. Yet the report revealed that Australian musicians earn a mean average of just $12,200 from live performance.
For more information, or to register your venue for National SLAM Day, go to slamrally.org.
Published: 28 Jan 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).