- 30 Sep@QMusicNetworkRT @G20Cultural: Its here! The epic Music Program line-up. 24 days of free music across Brisbane as part of the #G20Cultural... http://t.co…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 26 Sep@QMusicNetworkMid-career music managers in Aus and NZ, you only have til Monday to apply for CONTROL - get your business growing! http://t.co/VgzJlcQlIG
- 24 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 19 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Sep@QMusicNetworkThat's @BIGSOUNDtweets for another year! Thanks to all for getting involved! If you have a survey from us, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
- 12 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 12 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Sep@QMusicNetworkIf you're not already, keep up with all the BIGSOUND action over at @BIGSOUNDtweets!
- 10 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 26 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Aug@QMusicNetworkYou probably don't need reminding that Grant McLennan Fellowship apps close tomorrow (Tues) at midnight! Don't delay: http://t.co/2ijAkJMa4Q
- 21 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 21 Aug@QMusicNetworkExcellent news for prospective applicants! Grant McLennan Fellowship applications have been extended to Aug 26! http://t.co/a9APi1dqzx
- 20 Aug@QMusicNetworkQLD artists, 2014 Grant McLennan Fellowship apps close this Friday! Don't miss this chance of a lifetime. http://t.co/a9APi1dqzx
- 15 Aug@QMusicNetworkIt's here! The 2014 BIGSOUND Live program is... live! Get your tix, and plan it out: http://t.co/G3Wa9YJxdV
- 14 Aug@QMusicNetworkQueensland artists, this is the opportunity of a lifetime calling. Grant McLennan Fellowship apps close Aug 22. http://t.co/ReN9W1BCem
- 7 Aug@QMusicNetwork
QMA 2013 Finalist Emma Louise
SLAM Makes History (Again!)
More than 100 music venues around the country come together on Feb 23rd to celebrate National SLAM Day! Recognising Australia’s live music scene (which contributes $1.2 billion to the economy!). SLAM Day creates history again as it simultaneously brings together more venues than ever to support a single cause!
According to the 2011 report 'Life’s Better with Live', live music contributes $1.2 billion to the economy and supports nearly 15,000 jobs nationally. An estimated 42 million patrons attended 328,000 venue-based gigs at 3,900 venues in 2009/10. Yet the report revealed that Australian musicians earn a mean average of just $12,200 from live performance.
For more information, or to register your venue for National SLAM Day, go to slamrally.org.
Published: 28 Jan 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk