- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkAre you thinking global? Apply for support to pursue your international goals, with these initiatives open now! http://t.co/VVefJaMUzb
- 24 Jul@QMusicNetworkSubmissions for AMP Foundation's Tomorrow Fund are now open! Share in up to $1M. http://t.co/RGwjyX8sLi
- 24 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Jul@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND rolls around next Monday! You have the weekend to by your registration online. See you there! http://t.co/bgSDW4FJgP
- 17 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: .@thechurchband, @Seekae and @Voyagerau lead @BIGSOUNDtweets' second live line-up reveal -- 2014 is officially epic: htt…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 15 Jul@QMusicNetwork@BIGSOUNDtweets new Live artist announce is tomorrow! Keep your eyes and ears pealed.
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 8 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Jul@QMusicNetworkMusic Industry College needs your help in raising funds for new school upgrades! This video explains everything. http://t.co/aBRAfmDyS1
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetworkOur Broadcast newsletter is about to leave the runway! If you hurry, you can sign up now and still catch it! http://t.co/Y53Bj3s9Gt
- 1 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @scene_magazine: "I like passing on information to younger generations." @pricewarmusic Little @BIGSOUNDtweets Jul 21 @QMusicNetwork - h…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 25 Jun@QMusicNetworkRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 24 Jun@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND is just under a month away! For creative young people, this is amust-attend: http://t.co/WuzxHPUspw
SLAM Makes History (Again!)
More than 100 music venues around the country come together on Feb 23rd to celebrate National SLAM Day! Recognising Australia’s live music scene (which contributes $1.2 billion to the economy!). SLAM Day creates history again as it simultaneously brings together more venues than ever to support a single cause!
According to the 2011 report 'Life’s Better with Live', live music contributes $1.2 billion to the economy and supports nearly 15,000 jobs nationally. An estimated 42 million patrons attended 328,000 venue-based gigs at 3,900 venues in 2009/10. Yet the report revealed that Australian musicians earn a mean average of just $12,200 from live performance.
For more information, or to register your venue for National SLAM Day, go to slamrally.org.
Published: 28 Jan 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk