- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkAre you thinking global? Apply for support to pursue your international goals, with these initiatives open now! http://t.co/VVefJaMUzb
- 24 Jul@QMusicNetworkSubmissions for AMP Foundation's Tomorrow Fund are now open! Share in up to $1M. http://t.co/RGwjyX8sLi
- 24 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Jul@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND rolls around next Monday! You have the weekend to by your registration online. See you there! http://t.co/bgSDW4FJgP
- 17 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: .@thechurchband, @Seekae and @Voyagerau lead @BIGSOUNDtweets' second live line-up reveal -- 2014 is officially epic: htt…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 15 Jul@QMusicNetwork@BIGSOUNDtweets new Live artist announce is tomorrow! Keep your eyes and ears pealed.
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 10 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 8 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Jul@QMusicNetworkMusic Industry College needs your help in raising funds for new school upgrades! This video explains everything. http://t.co/aBRAfmDyS1
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetworkOur Broadcast newsletter is about to leave the runway! If you hurry, you can sign up now and still catch it! http://t.co/Y53Bj3s9Gt
- 1 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Jun@QMusicNetworkRT @scene_magazine: "I like passing on information to younger generations." @pricewarmusic Little @BIGSOUNDtweets Jul 21 @QMusicNetwork - h…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 25 Jun@QMusicNetworkRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 24 Jun@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND is just under a month away! For creative young people, this is amust-attend: http://t.co/WuzxHPUspw
Last Chance to Apply for Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Applications for the fifth annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been Extended to Sunday 13 May! Established by Arts Queensland in 2007 to honour the late, great Australian musician Billy Thorpe, this year's $10,000 scholarship is now open to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides a range of support for an emerging artist to establish their professional career through career planning and the opportunity to record with a local producer of their choice. This year, the $10,000 scholarship will be opened up for the first time to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Lynn Thorpe explains: “The guidelines for the annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been revised to include bands this year, in keeping with Billy's hard- rocking career. We love this more inclusive framework and look forward to hearing the new batch of applications. Our past winners, guitar player Michael Gavriel (2008) and singer/songwriters Alan Boyle (2009), Andrew Redford (2010) and Sam Hales (2011), are all thriving in their musical careers and we are thrilled with their success. Andrew Redford has just won the Telstra Road to Discovery Award at the Tamworth Music Festival and is Nashville-bound to write and record, and our family wish him all the best."
The winner will be announced at the annual Queensland Music Awards on August 14 at the Old Museum.
“We are looking forward to discovering the rockin' heart of Queensland this year” concludes Lynn.
Billy passed away in February 2007 and is sorely missed.
Applicants for the 2012 Billy Thorpe scholarship can submit their application through the QMusic wesbite. Applications close on Sunday 13 May.
Published: 23 Apr 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk