- 11 Mar@QMusicNetworkThe first Hook Up session: SOUND is on 18 Mar - hook up with studio owners, producers and engineers. More info - http://t.co/8iWByLTQnG
- 11 Mar@QMusicNetworkTune in to 4ZZZ 102.1fm at 10:30am to hear QMusic project officer Stacey talk about the upcoming Hook Up sessions! http://t.co/8iWByLTQnG
- 6 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 5 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Mar@QMusicNetworkHuman Ventures is seeking a program manager for Shockwave! Applications close this Friday. http://t.co/PNztn3EkmU
- 26 Feb@QMusicNetworkThe first session of our Hook Up series for 2014 is all about recording studios and sound: https://t.co/XmuXpq0zdJ
- 25 Feb@QMusicNetworkATTN Americana artists of Queensland: this is your opportunity to showcase in the heartland itself! http://t.co/znpqLfGrVZ
- 24 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 12 Feb@QMusicNetworkTrying to work out the next step in your music career? This could be your opportunity to 'MAP' out the year ahead. http://t.co/5Vqc7dFSRS
- 4 Feb@QMusicNetworkAre you an artist or artsworker based in the Moreton Bay region? Good news! http://t.co/nbMWVAtAVr
- 21 Jan@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jan@QMusicNetworkRT @MJCrutcher: Ten years after Feeler, @PeteMurrayMusic on the album, his career and some valuable help from @QMusicNetwork http://t.co/Zf…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Jan@QMusicNetwork
- 9 Dec@QMusicNetwork
- 27 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 21 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkWe're coming to the business end of these Australia Council funding rounds, with two closing next week! http://t.co/ffJ3wHmBRy
- 28 Oct@QMusicNetworkRegister now for tomorrow night's electonic music workshop. It's the last of our free October PD workshop series! http://t.co/b0wiR0n3li
- 22 Oct@QMusicNetworkGrants galore!! Well, four to be exact. Applications are open across a number of opportunities in music through OzCo: http://t.co/jMIhLB5u1S
- 21 Oct@QMusicNetwork
Last Chance to Apply for Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Applications for the fifth annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been Extended to Sunday 13 May! Established by Arts Queensland in 2007 to honour the late, great Australian musician Billy Thorpe, this year's $10,000 scholarship is now open to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides a range of support for an emerging artist to establish their professional career through career planning and the opportunity to record with a local producer of their choice. This year, the $10,000 scholarship will be opened up for the first time to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Lynn Thorpe explains: “The guidelines for the annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been revised to include bands this year, in keeping with Billy's hard- rocking career. We love this more inclusive framework and look forward to hearing the new batch of applications. Our past winners, guitar player Michael Gavriel (2008) and singer/songwriters Alan Boyle (2009), Andrew Redford (2010) and Sam Hales (2011), are all thriving in their musical careers and we are thrilled with their success. Andrew Redford has just won the Telstra Road to Discovery Award at the Tamworth Music Festival and is Nashville-bound to write and record, and our family wish him all the best."
The winner will be announced at the annual Queensland Music Awards on August 14 at the Old Museum.
“We are looking forward to discovering the rockin' heart of Queensland this year” concludes Lynn.
Billy passed away in February 2007 and is sorely missed.
Applicants for the 2012 Billy Thorpe scholarship can submit their application through the QMusic wesbite. Applications close on Sunday 13 May.
Published: 23 Apr 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk