- 27 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @themusicnetwork: [FREE] Applications for 2015 Grant McLennan Fellowship open. http://t.co/dYEe1Q1LRR @QMusicNetwork @APRA @TTWT_ @artsq…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: QLD's Grant McLennan Fellowship opens 2015 applications: http://t.co/JOi7TP1vL3 @QMusicNetwork @APRA @artsqueensland htt…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 23 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: See you guys tomorrow night @QMusicNetwork @sampology @Trichotomymusic #habitmusiccompany @michellexen @raisedbyeagles…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 20 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetworkDid you know that the first 800 2-day passes sold gain entry to the inaugural Official BIGSOUND closing night event? http://t.co/cNKBVxaAZL
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetwork@myauralfixation Contact us through our website and we can put you in touch with someone who can assist
- 12 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: Who is the loudest band Branko Cosic has recorded? @BIGSOUNDtweets @QMusicNetwork @DZDEATHRAYS @EmmaLouiseHere - http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 8 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 8 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @Music_Aust: In prep for our contemporary Music Roundtable, Joel Edmondson of @QMusicNetwork explores music industry education http://t.…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: Check out @SoundsAustralia's Thinking Global tour, travelling around the country right now! http://t.co/KAO2cHu8r5Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jul@QMusicNetworkCall for a cross-portfolio federal government approach to funding the contemporary popular music industry http://t.co/feti7Nsa6Z
- 2 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: .@APRA @Music_Aust @AusAAM @ausindies Call for cross-portfolio approach to funding Contemporary Popular Music Ind. http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 24 Jun@QMusicNetwork
Last Chance to Apply for Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Applications for the fifth annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been Extended to Sunday 13 May! Established by Arts Queensland in 2007 to honour the late, great Australian musician Billy Thorpe, this year's $10,000 scholarship is now open to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides a range of support for an emerging artist to establish their professional career through career planning and the opportunity to record with a local producer of their choice. This year, the $10,000 scholarship will be opened up for the first time to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Lynn Thorpe explains: “The guidelines for the annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been revised to include bands this year, in keeping with Billy's hard- rocking career. We love this more inclusive framework and look forward to hearing the new batch of applications. Our past winners, guitar player Michael Gavriel (2008) and singer/songwriters Alan Boyle (2009), Andrew Redford (2010) and Sam Hales (2011), are all thriving in their musical careers and we are thrilled with their success. Andrew Redford has just won the Telstra Road to Discovery Award at the Tamworth Music Festival and is Nashville-bound to write and record, and our family wish him all the best."
The winner will be announced at the annual Queensland Music Awards on August 14 at the Old Museum.
“We are looking forward to discovering the rockin' heart of Queensland this year” concludes Lynn.
Billy passed away in February 2007 and is sorely missed.
Applicants for the 2012 Billy Thorpe scholarship can submit their application through the QMusic wesbite. Applications close on Sunday 13 May.
Published: 23 Apr 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk