- 18 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @brisbanecityqld: The second The QUBE Effect showcase is on this Sunday at Roma Street Parkland to close #youthweekbne with a bang! http…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 17 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 13 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkOpportunity Alert! for emerging Gold Coast musicians: Indie Now's 6-month Professional Development Programs - http://t.co/YkOQopy0bd
- 30 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 29 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 19 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: ANNOUNCEMENT: Preferred supplier deal between @AMINetwork & @TravelBeyondOz set to aid Australian musicians travel http://t…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 16 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @indie_100: It's official! This year is your final chance to participate in the #Indie100. Apply now - http://t.co/lX4vJrqI2k http://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 12 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @AMINetwork: AMIN recently conducted a survey of its members relating to financial matters & travel habits. Read the full report : http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Who's up to party?! Get your tix the 2015 QMAs here: http://t.co/mGf5V7pt0c MON 30 MAR @Bris_Powerhouse http://t.co/K…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Get your votes in for .@BOQ People's Choice Awards! VOTE & WIN! Round 1 closes midnight tonight - http://t.co/grjX0pc…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 26 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @scenestr_QLD: Win tickets to @QldMusicAwards at @Bris_Powerhouse 30 March (valued at $80) @QMusicNetwork - http://t.co/OP4EkQ9Jmg http:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 23 Feb@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Feb@QMusicNetwork@AWME thanks for letting us know. We'll spread the word!
- 19 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @Andrew_McMillen: My fellow speakers include the great @JennyValentish, @SixFtHick + @KelliePlaysBass. Register here: http://t.co/FnTMoW…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 19 Feb@QMusicNetworkRT @612brisbane: Getting ready to chat about the @QMusicNetwork nominees and awards - http://t.co/WwNIKKAU3gRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 16 Feb@QMusicNetworkWestfield Garden City are giving one local band the chance to score a big break of $5,000 CASH + MORE PRIZES! http://t.co/aICdclYSjo
- 16 Feb@QMusicNetwork
Last Chance to Apply for Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Applications for the fifth annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been Extended to Sunday 13 May! Established by Arts Queensland in 2007 to honour the late, great Australian musician Billy Thorpe, this year's $10,000 scholarship is now open to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides a range of support for an emerging artist to establish their professional career through career planning and the opportunity to record with a local producer of their choice. This year, the $10,000 scholarship will be opened up for the first time to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Lynn Thorpe explains: “The guidelines for the annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been revised to include bands this year, in keeping with Billy's hard- rocking career. We love this more inclusive framework and look forward to hearing the new batch of applications. Our past winners, guitar player Michael Gavriel (2008) and singer/songwriters Alan Boyle (2009), Andrew Redford (2010) and Sam Hales (2011), are all thriving in their musical careers and we are thrilled with their success. Andrew Redford has just won the Telstra Road to Discovery Award at the Tamworth Music Festival and is Nashville-bound to write and record, and our family wish him all the best."
The winner will be announced at the annual Queensland Music Awards on August 14 at the Old Museum.
“We are looking forward to discovering the rockin' heart of Queensland this year” concludes Lynn.
Billy passed away in February 2007 and is sorely missed.
Applicants for the 2012 Billy Thorpe scholarship can submit their application through the QMusic wesbite. Applications close on Sunday 13 May.
Published: 23 Apr 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic gratefully acknowledges the ongoing support received from Arts Queensland, The Australia Council for the Arts and APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association).