- 29 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 20 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @paradigmprint: These eyeballs are gonna be huge! #bigsound16 @QMusicNetwork @paradigmprint ??? https://t.co/aKTpDExkg3Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 18 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @CBAA_: Get music from artists playing @BIGSOUNDtweets for your #communityradio station or program via @AmrapsAirIt: https://t.co/uj1RxE…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @triplejunearthd: We just announced our Unearthed @BIGSOUNDtweets Stage Lineup + these winners! https://t.co/PYiIfzepow https://t.co/Wg7…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 4 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 2 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @BrisComCup: Great to see Cal from Rake at the Brisbane Community Cup Launch @AFLQ @ReclinkAus https://t.co/PWlbHaN44uRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 2 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @AmrapsAirIt: Get music by @BIGSOUNDtweets showcasing musicians @clairybrowne @MikeNoga & more in a special AirIt playlist here: https:/…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 1 Aug@QMusicNetworkRT @AAABackstage: Entry for the tenth Grant McLennan Fellowship are now open! @QMusicNetwork > https://t.co/WxMTF1Wnl9Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 30 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @BrisComCup: The balls have been pumped and ready for New Farm Park @AFLQ @ReclinkAus @4ZZZ @AndrewBartlettRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 29 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: Nominations are open for the 2016 Grant McLennan Fellowship:? https://t.co/LMlxINpc0h https://t.co/4i6XGslH7MRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @ppca: Want to improve your networks in the industry? @QMusicNetwork is holding a networking night at @thezooooo on Aug 4. https://t.co/…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: Noms open for 2016 Grant McLennan Fellowship. @QMusicNetwork @artsqueensland @APRAAMCOS https://t.co/iS2JFLxTFD https://…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 19 Jul@QMusicNetwork@inigo_music Hey! We've been looking at something like this for some time! Might be some news soon, stay tuned!
- 19 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Hi @Queensland - we'll be coming to you next Wed and facilitating a masterclass panel with @QMusicNetwork https://t.co…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @IndiesNZ: From little things, big things grow! Isn't that the truth! Looking forward to 2016 @BIGSOUNDtweets https://t.co/RTUYAXxqJmRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
Last Chance to Apply for Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Applications for the fifth annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been Extended to Sunday 13 May! Established by Arts Queensland in 2007 to honour the late, great Australian musician Billy Thorpe, this year's $10,000 scholarship is now open to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides a range of support for an emerging artist to establish their professional career through career planning and the opportunity to record with a local producer of their choice. This year, the $10,000 scholarship will be opened up for the first time to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Lynn Thorpe explains: “The guidelines for the annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been revised to include bands this year, in keeping with Billy's hard- rocking career. We love this more inclusive framework and look forward to hearing the new batch of applications. Our past winners, guitar player Michael Gavriel (2008) and singer/songwriters Alan Boyle (2009), Andrew Redford (2010) and Sam Hales (2011), are all thriving in their musical careers and we are thrilled with their success. Andrew Redford has just won the Telstra Road to Discovery Award at the Tamworth Music Festival and is Nashville-bound to write and record, and our family wish him all the best."
The winner will be announced at the annual Queensland Music Awards on August 14 at the Old Museum.
“We are looking forward to discovering the rockin' heart of Queensland this year” concludes Lynn.
Billy passed away in February 2007 and is sorely missed.
Applicants for the 2012 Billy Thorpe scholarship can submit their application through the QMusic wesbite. Applications close on Sunday 13 May.
Published: 23 Apr 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk