- 27 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 21 Nov@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Nov@QMusicNetworkWe're coming to the business end of these Australia Council funding rounds, with two closing next week! http://t.co/ffJ3wHmBRy
- 28 Oct@QMusicNetworkRegister now for tomorrow night's electonic music workshop. It's the last of our free October PD workshop series! http://t.co/b0wiR0n3li
- 22 Oct@QMusicNetworkGrants galore!! Well, four to be exact. Applications are open across a number of opportunities in music through OzCo: http://t.co/jMIhLB5u1S
- 21 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Oct@QMusicNetworkJoin us in the Queen St Mall tomorrow afternoon from 2pm for a very special performance of the Songs of Roma House: http://t.co/HAIbCPF9xA
- 11 Oct@QMusicNetworkReminder: local bands and DJs, you have until 5pm Monday to get on this! http://t.co/hNJYkAvmpZ
- 10 Oct@QMusicNetworkIs your music Australian Music Prize -worthy? Make sure you've submitted your 2013-released album. http://t.co/Te59ZKkiIz
- 8 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 1 Oct@QMusicNetwork
- 30 Sep@QMusicNetworkSupport Coffee Break in getting behind an excellent cause! http://t.co/jskYDwypEu
- 24 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Sep@QMusicNetworkRELEASE apps close at midnight! Last chance for you label owners to be a part of the program and watch your work grow http://t.co/yQ3lX7bD0X
- 19 Sep@QMusicNetworkRun an independent label? Want to learn how to grow your business? RELEASE Workshop applications are open now! http://t.co/yQ3lX7bD0X
- 11 Sep@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Aug@QMusicNetworkMore BIG news for BIGSOUND, with the final program and showcases announced for BIGSOUND Music+Design today! http://t.co/2Gs1kbsYPM
- 8 Aug@QMusicNetworkIMPORTANT: BIGSOUND Special Rate registrations close at midnight tonight. Don't say you weren't warned! http://t.co/lMAvImaAB8
- 7 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 5 Aug@QMusicNetwork
QMA 2013 Finalist Bernard Fanning
Last Chance to Apply for Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Applications for the fifth annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been Extended to Sunday 13 May! Established by Arts Queensland in 2007 to honour the late, great Australian musician Billy Thorpe, this year's $10,000 scholarship is now open to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides a range of support for an emerging artist to establish their professional career through career planning and the opportunity to record with a local producer of their choice. This year, the $10,000 scholarship will be opened up for the first time to emerging bands as well as solo artists.
Lynn Thorpe explains: “The guidelines for the annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship have been revised to include bands this year, in keeping with Billy's hard- rocking career. We love this more inclusive framework and look forward to hearing the new batch of applications. Our past winners, guitar player Michael Gavriel (2008) and singer/songwriters Alan Boyle (2009), Andrew Redford (2010) and Sam Hales (2011), are all thriving in their musical careers and we are thrilled with their success. Andrew Redford has just won the Telstra Road to Discovery Award at the Tamworth Music Festival and is Nashville-bound to write and record, and our family wish him all the best."
The winner will be announced at the annual Queensland Music Awards on August 14 at the Old Museum.
“We are looking forward to discovering the rockin' heart of Queensland this year” concludes Lynn.
Billy passed away in February 2007 and is sorely missed.
Applicants for the 2012 Billy Thorpe scholarship can submit their application through the QMusic wesbite. Applications close on Sunday 13 May.
Published: 23 Apr 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk