- 19 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 17 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks: Realise Your Dream, thanks to the British Council! http://t.co/KCzrW3B8Sz
- 14 Jun@QMusicNetworkBIGSOUND Music+Design is here! http://t.co/EKAk0owf3u
- 12 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks! Submissions for the Vanda & Young Songwriting competition close one the 21st of this month. http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 31 May@QMusicNetworkDo you work in light, video & sound? Igneous are hosting workshops from US artist Ian Winters on the Isadora program. http://t.co/ojIdS8QHA2
- 30 May@QMusicNetwork
- 28 May@QMusicNetwork
- 27 May@QMusicNetworkBrisbane, Gold Coast, Warwick, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast our Round & Round, Up & Down Tour is coming to you! http://t.co/H5X3gmL32v
- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
Time is Running Out to Realise Your Dream
Celebrating 10 years of nurturing Australian creative talent, the British Council’s Realise Your Dream awards are now bigger and better than ever.
Renowned for recognising Australia’s most promising emerging talent, Realise Your Dream fosters Australian creatives through targeted career development in the UK creative industries. By tapping into a wide network of the UK’s finest practitioners, the British Council helps open doors to the experiences winners most need to develop professionally and creatively while making lasting UK connections that will inform their work for years to come.
So far, over 40 awardees have travelled to the UK with Realise Your Dream, many of whom attribute their continued successes in the creative industries to the learning and connections made whilst in the UK.
There will be three Realise Your Dream awards up for grabs in 2012. Winners will receive:
- $10, 000 to assist with expenses in the UK
- A return Virgin Atlantic economy flight to London
- A tailored professional development programme, devised in consultation with the British Council
WHO CAN ENTER
Realise Your Dream is open to citizens and permanent residents of Australia in their emerging years of professional creative practice. This means that you should be working within the first 10 years of your career – or since you finished your undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
They’re looking for applicants who show innovation and leadership in their field, can demonstrate their creative potential, and have a clear vision for their practice and for how it will benefit from a professional development trip to the UK.
Applicants must be holders of, or eligible for, a passport and any necessary visas for the UK.
APPLICANTS MAY WORK IN:
Advertising; animation; architecture; broadcasting; communications; craft; design; digital media; fashion; film; literature; music; object design; performing arts; photography; publishing; visual art… or any other industry where creativity plays an important role..
ENTRIES CLOSE 11:59pm Sunday 3 June 2012.
For information on applying please visit the Realise Your Dream Website.
Published: 09 May 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk