- 19 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 17 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks: Realise Your Dream, thanks to the British Council! http://t.co/KCzrW3B8Sz
- 14 Jun@QMusicNetworkBIGSOUND Music+Design is here! http://t.co/EKAk0owf3u
- 12 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks! Submissions for the Vanda & Young Songwriting competition close one the 21st of this month. http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 31 May@QMusicNetworkDo you work in light, video & sound? Igneous are hosting workshops from US artist Ian Winters on the Isadora program. http://t.co/ojIdS8QHA2
- 30 May@QMusicNetwork
- 28 May@QMusicNetwork
- 27 May@QMusicNetworkBrisbane, Gold Coast, Warwick, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast our Round & Round, Up & Down Tour is coming to you! http://t.co/H5X3gmL32v
- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
The Seed Fund Closing Soon
The Seed Fund supports emerging musicians, artists and arts workers via three grant categories including the popular Management Workshop and five strategic initiatives in 2012. Applications will close shortly on the 9th July.
2012 GRANT CATEGORIES
Management Workshop | Up to 25 Opportunities
The Management Workshop is a one-stop shop for practical strategies to manage artists in the establishment phase of their career. Now in it's seventh year, the workshop has hosted some of Australia’s leading emerging managers. The Management Workshop provides a platform for strategic advice and ways to enhance opportunities for bands and solo artists forging pathways in the music industry.
Applications will be accepted from managers, self managed solo musicians or band members who are managing their own band. The Seed will provide and arrange transport, accommodation and meals for all successful applicants. Should you be successful all you need to do is get yourself to your closest major airport!
Publicise It | Up to $5000 | Up to 3 Opportunities
This category exists in line with The Seed’s philosophy, to nurture artists throughout their careers. The Seed recognizes that publicists play an increasingly important role in the promotion of emerging artists and we are therefore seeking to fund managers (including self-managed artists) to contract a publicist for a promotional campaign up to the value of $5000. The campaign must be in support of a new Australian release (EP or Album only) or a campaign involving an Australian release and associated tour.
Applications will only be accepted from managers who have attended a Seed Management Workshop. Managers will be responsible for contracting the publicist and providing a letter of support that details their commitment to the upcoming campaign. Campaigns should begin after August 2012.
Art on the Street | Up to $5000 | Up to 2 Opportunities
The Seed are seeking to fund visual artists who are undertaking projects delivering art to outdoor, or prominent indoor public spaces. These art pieces should be a form of social commentary, communication and inspiration, between the artist and the general public. The art must be made available at no financial cost to the general public.
For more info on The Seed grants and the 2012 Initiatives and to apply, head to theseedfund.org
Applications close on July 9, 2012.
Published: 13 Jun 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk