- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
- 2 May@QMusicNetworkFor all with burning copyright questions, the Australian Copyright Council is hosting this workshop Monday May 13: http://t.co/KrVR2b9dHm
Cairns EMERGE Workshop and Performance
QMusic and Youth Music Industries will present EMERGE a free three hour workshop for school students interested in learning about careers within the music industry on Friday, July 13 at The Tanks in Cairns. The workshops will be followed by eventing performances from Kate Martin, Stephen Smith, Sick of the Silence and Jordan Brodie.
The workshops will be presented by QMusic, Youth Music Industries (YMI) and artist Kate Martin and will include sessions about running successful all ages events, opportunities for young artists and career paths within the wider music industry.
When: Friday July 13, 1pm – 4pm
Where: Tank 3 the Tanks Arts Centre.
FREE: registration is essential. Please register HERE.
Spend an evening with some of Queensland rising new young artists on July 13 when QMusic, Youth Music Industries and The Tanks Arts Centre present EMERGE.
Performances include North Queensland songstress Kate Martin, Stephen Smith (2011 Queensland Music Awards School winner), rising Cairns high school band Sick of the Silence and Jordan Brodie, also from Cairns.
Kate‘s new album, ‘Hand Me My Bow And Arrow’ has recently been released to critical acclaim and airplay around Australia. In addition to the 18 months spent on recording the album, 20 year old Kate Martin has also been busily building her live repertoire, despite the distance involved in travelling from North Queensland. Kate has played alongside The Middle East, The Waifs, Bluejuice, Emma Louise, Little Birdy, Hungry Kids of Hungary and Josh Pyke and more recently was the Triple J unearthed artist invited to perform at Groovin the Moo.
With a unique voice and original lyrics, Stephen Smith has what many young emerging artists strive for: his own sound. At only 18 years of age, Stephen has almost completed his first EP, featuring original songs such as 'Ode to Abigail', winner of a Queensland Music Award. Stephen's blend of folk, rock and acoustic sounds is a refreshing addition to the Brisbane music scene, and one to watch out for over the coming years.
This event is part of QMusic and Youth Music Industries commitment to develop relationships with high schools in the Cairns district to create opportunities for young people who want to be involved in the music industry.
When: Friday July 13
Where: The Tanks
Tickets: $10 available at the door
Published: 03 Jul 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk