- 19 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 17 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks: Realise Your Dream, thanks to the British Council! http://t.co/KCzrW3B8Sz
- 14 Jun@QMusicNetworkBIGSOUND Music+Design is here! http://t.co/EKAk0owf3u
- 12 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks! Submissions for the Vanda & Young Songwriting competition close one the 21st of this month. http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 31 May@QMusicNetworkDo you work in light, video & sound? Igneous are hosting workshops from US artist Ian Winters on the Isadora program. http://t.co/ojIdS8QHA2
- 30 May@QMusicNetwork
- 28 May@QMusicNetwork
- 27 May@QMusicNetworkBrisbane, Gold Coast, Warwick, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast our Round & Round, Up & Down Tour is coming to you! http://t.co/H5X3gmL32v
- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
EOI for BIGSOUND Executive Programmer Position
QMusic is inviting Expressions of Interest to be submitted for the position of Executive Programmer of the BIGSOUND Conference and Artist Showcases for 2013. EOIs should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight 26th July 2012. Please read on for the Criteria and Position Description.
The BIGSOUND website at www.bigsound.org.au holds more information on the event. If you have any further questions about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In submitting your Expression of Interest for Executive Programmer 2013, please address the following criteria. QMusic requires no more than two pages in answering this EOI, along with your CV. We will conduct interviews in the week of 6th August 2012, and appoint the Executive Programmer before September 2012.
- Demonstrated vision and networks to deliver an exciting and vibrant program in 2013 that engages relevant national and international buyers and delivers a forward thinking conference program.
- Demonstrated understanding of BIGSOUND’s strengths and weaknesses and a solid plan to enhance all areas of the program
- Demonstrated capacity to curate and engage the cream of Australia’s contemporary music talent and deliver two nights of showcases that builds on the 2011 success
- Demonstrated capacity to work within a framework of communicating with multiple partners, working with a programming reference group and adhering to strict budgets.
QMusic is looking for an Executive Programmer who can build on the strengths of BIGSOUND to date, and in particular offer new networks for sponsorship and partnering opportunities. Please outline your strengths in this area.
EXECUTIVE PROGRAMMER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Contract position October 2012 – September, 2013 (one year term with an option for a second year)
Reports to: Executive Officer – QMusic
The Executive Programmer will be required to undertake some international and national travel to attend music markets that QMusic will fund.
The Executive Programmer must be available to meet regularly with the Executive Officer, QMusic.
The ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders is essential to this position.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create program topics and theme
- Liaise with international and national business leaders to secure buyers and speakers for the BIGSOUND Conference
- Manage speaker budget reporting regularly to EO
- Source strong facilitators for panel sessions
- Create briefing notes for speakers and ensure facilitators make contact with panellists prior to event
- Liaise with and report to BIGSOUND programming committee to ensure a well rounded conference program is delivered
- Liaise with overseas and interstate music industry trade bodies to increase buy-in from external areas
- Ensure all set funding KPIs are met through programming (as communicated by the Executive Officer)
- Liaise with publicity consultant to ensure consistency of marketing messages and suitability of the campaign
- Curate BIGSOUND Live showcase program through promotion of opportunity, invitation and application process and appropriate partnerships
- Refine and manage showcase application / invitation process
- Manage and facilitate selection processes for BIGSOUND Live showcasing artists to ensure a variety of genre’s
- Develop systems with Executive Officer and with logistics team to ensure showcasing venues are appropriate and secured, and that programming is consistent with venue requirements; speaker accommodation and flight requirements are met; and that programming is coherent with conference venue scheduling
- Liaise personally with national industry to drive conference registrations
- Attend two QMusic board meetings to report on BIGSOUND programming progress
- Liaise with marketing & communications officer to provide accurate copy for program
- Ensure guests are ready for their allotted panel times
- Be available to manage crises
- Create report on panels and showcases for insertion into sponsorship reports
- Liaise with QMusic EO on sponsorship reports
Download the Position Description here.
Published: 15 Jul 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk