- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
Music Industry Master Classes
QUT Music & Sound and MIST Opportunities presents ten master classes that will feature experts and personalities from across the music industry. The Music Industry master classes are free and will be held from the 2nd of August at the QUT Auditorium.
Topics will include Marketing, Multinational Perspectives, Independent Business Perspectives, Artist Development, Promoting Music & Entertainment Locally & Internationally, Artist & Label Management, Publishing, Being an Artist, New Trends in Music Business and Legal Issues.
The master classes will share knowledge from the high quality portfolio careers of our speakers. They will offer participants the wisdom of 'lived experience' following QUT's philosophy of 'real world' teaching and learning.
Confirmed Speakers include:
Michael Taylor - CEO Island Records and Australian A&R Manager Universal Records
Michael Smellie - Former COO of Sony BMG Worldwide
Toby Creswell - Music journalist and pop-culture writer
Shane Simpson - CEO Simpson's solicitors
John Watson - Eleven and John Watson Management
Harley Medcalf - Managing Director, Duet Entertainment and Sports
Kate Miller-Heidke - Singer/Songwriter (pictured)
Keir Nuttall - Brisbane guitarist, songwriter and producer
The ten master classes will be conducted in the form of an interview; providing opportunities to engage each personality with questions through the chair during the formal session, and informally following the master class.
Following each event, there will be drinks, live music, and an opportunity to talk with your industry colleagues in the QUT amphitheatre. There is no charge for attendance and all are welcome.
When: 5-7 pm on Thursdays - commencing august 2nd
Where: QUT Auditorium
More information about the speakers and the schedule can be found on http://niceworkifyoucangetit.com.au/schedule.html
Published: 19 Jul 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk