- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
Little BIGSOUND, Programmed by Youth for Youth
Looking to break into the innovative world of the music industry? Little BIGSOUND is a one-day event for young people 14-25 looking at starting a career in the music business.
Held in conjunction with the Southern Hemisphere’s biggest music industry event, BIGSOUND, young people will have a chance to get amongst artists, labels, media and agents plus hear some of the country’s best up and coming bands.
With the world’s music elite descending on Brisbane for this year’s BIGSOUND in September, QMusic has teamed up with Youth Music Industries (YMI) to create the second annual Little BIGSOUND. In its inaugural year in 2011, Little BIGSOUND attracted over 120 young people who participated in panels and breakout sessions covering everything from digital distribution to management and much more.
Ian Haug (Powderfinger/Airlock)
Sam Cromack (Ball Park Music)
Jeremy Neale (Velociraptor)
Sam Hales (Jungle Giants)
Tom Larkin (Shihad/Home Surgery)
Ben Preece (Mucho Bravado Management)
Edward Guglielmino (Artist/Unconvention)
Maggie Collins (Manager – DZ Deathrays)
Natalie Bell (Manager – Oh Mercy)
Stephen Wade (Select Music)
Stefan Emslie (Manager - Art of Sleeping)
Meg Williams (Association of Artist Managers)
BJ Hemmling (Cherry Red Music)
Sean Foran (JMC Music Academy)
And more to be announced soon!
When: Saturday 15 September 2012 from 9.30am to 6.30pm
Where: The Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts
Tickets cost $33 (10% discount for groups of 10 or more) and are available online at www.bigsound.org.au
Published: 01 Aug 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk