- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
Valley Fiesta ‘Local Love’ Competition
Brisbane City Council’s ‘Local Love’ competition aims to give a platform to new up-and-coming Brisbane bands and DJ’s to perform at Valley Fiesta 2012. With a large portion of the great music around in Australia today having their roots planted firmly in local Fortitude Valley venues, this is a perfect opportunity for up-and-coming local artists to shine!
Brisbane’s aspiring music talent will have the chance to raise their profiles and win a coveted, paid supporting spot on one of the FREE Public Stages at Brisbane’s Biggest Street Party, plus artist passes, golden tickets, and the chance to rub shoulders with Valley Fiesta’s impressive roster of local, interstate and international talent backstage!
There are two separate categories; firstly, the bands, who will win an opening slot on the Fabrik Brunswick Street Mall Stage and secondly, the DJs who will win the chance to play the opening set on the Rikorderlig Chinatown Mall stage. All entrants have to do to enter is fill out an application form and upload a recent set or mix via valleyfiesta.com/locallove
A panel of judges from Brisbane City Council and The Arcade Creative will select ten finalists (five DJs and five bands), which will be put up for a public vote via the Valley Fiesta Facebook page.
You can vote for your favourite entrants by clicking the “Local Love” competition app and liking their artist profile.
Enter and view full competition terms and conditions at www.valleyfiesta.com/locallove
‘Local Love’ Key Competition Dates:
Entries open: 9am Tuesday 18 September
Entries close: 5pm Friday 28 September
Public voting app opens: 9am Monday 1 October
Public voting app close: 5pm Monday 15 October
Winners notified: 5pm Tuesday 16 October
Winners announcement: 10am Wednesday 17 October
Published: 25 Sep 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk