- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
Queensland Arts Council Presents ArtsYakka Regional Swapmeets 2010
Community-minded individuals of regional Queensland are invited to meet and swap ideas at a series of interactive workshops and forums held by Queensland Arts Council, the state’s peak body for regional arts.
Designed to share ideas, build partnerships and develop quality community-based arts and cultural projects, Queensland Arts Council’s ArtsYakka Regional SwapMeets 2010 will take place in the five host communities of Gladstone, Ayr, Crows Nest, Roma and Longreach, and are free to all participants.
“If you have an idea for an arts or cultural project in your community and would like to know how to get it up and running then an ArtsYakka Regional SwapMeet is for you,” said Letitia Norton, Development Manager, Queensland Arts Council Creative incommunities.
Participation is open to artists, arts workers, Local Arts Council members, cultural development and youth development workers, RADF committees, teachers, volunteers, museum, gallery and library employees. Also welcome to attend are those involved in community health, regional tourism, local
government and business.
Teaming up with Queensland Arts Council to facilitate the SwapMeets is Dr Judy Pippen. As a community artist she is active in the fields of performing arts, festivals and events. Dr Pippen is also one of the four Directors of Creative Regions, a not-for-profit cultural service provider and producer
engaging with regional communities.
The ArtsYakka Regional SwapMeets are free for participants thanks to the valued support of the Australian Government’s Regional Arts Fund, Queensland Government Arts Queensland and Local Government Association of Queensland Inc.
“At the SwapMeets, attendees will have a unique opportunity to discuss future regional arts development strategies with Queensland Arts Council and Arts Queensland representatives,” said Arthur Frame AM, CEO, Queensland Arts Council.
There are five ArtsYakka Regional SwapMeets throughout Queensland communities: Gladstone (Sat 29 & Sun 30 May), Ayr (Sat 26 & Sun 27 June), Crows Nest (Sat 3 & Sun 4 July), Roma (Sat 10 & Sun 11 July) and Longreach (Sat 17 & Sun 18 July).
To register contact 07 3004 7510 or download a registration form from www.artsyakka.com
Registration deadline is seven days prior to each SwapMeet, or when fully booked.
Published: 22 Jun 2010 by QMusic Newsdesk