- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
High School Bands Compete in Rockschool Challenge
Southbank Institute of Technology music students and Ellaways Music are holding a supervised all ages, drug and alcohol free event called The Rockschool Challenge. Head to Southbank Institute of Technology’s Gig Studio to watch Brisbane’s best up-and-coming high school artists compete against one another in a battle of the bands competition. The winner will receive $1000 in prizes from Ellaways Music to kick-start their music career!
Heat 1 (4th May 2011): Shotgun Daisy, Gravity Scam, K & The Endless Scheme.
Heat 2 (11th May 2011): Trepidation, Trilby Dogz, The Entourage & Miscommunication.
Heat 3 (18th May 2011): Minus Nine, Stryder, Manias & Prague.
Heat 4 (25th May 2011): Flooded Nation, The Missing, Androids Dream of Electric Sheep & Corruption Of The Innocence
Finale (1st June 2011): Winners of the four heats.
Where: Southbank Institute of Technology
Cnr of Merivale & Ernest St, South Brisbane
Gig Studio- Building E- Level 4
When: Every Wednesday night from the 4th of May 2011 until the 1st of June 2011.
Cost: $5.00 entry fee. Tickets and merchandise will be sold on the door.
For more details check out www.rockschoolchallenge.com or www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=113819775363039
Published: 01 May 2011 by QMusic Newsdesk