- 26 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Aug@QMusicNetworkYou probably don't need reminding that Grant McLennan Fellowship apps close tomorrow (Tues) at midnight! Don't delay: http://t.co/2ijAkJMa4Q
- 21 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 21 Aug@QMusicNetworkExcellent news for prospective applicants! Grant McLennan Fellowship applications have been extended to Aug 26! http://t.co/a9APi1dqzx
- 20 Aug@QMusicNetworkQLD artists, 2014 Grant McLennan Fellowship apps close this Friday! Don't miss this chance of a lifetime. http://t.co/a9APi1dqzx
- 15 Aug@QMusicNetworkIt's here! The 2014 BIGSOUND Live program is... live! Get your tix, and plan it out: http://t.co/G3Wa9YJxdV
- 14 Aug@QMusicNetworkQueensland artists, this is the opportunity of a lifetime calling. Grant McLennan Fellowship apps close Aug 22. http://t.co/ReN9W1BCem
- 7 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Aug@QMusicNetwork
- 25 Jul@QMusicNetworkAre you thinking global? Apply for support to pursue your international goals, with these initiatives open now! http://t.co/VVefJaMUzb
- 24 Jul@QMusicNetworkSubmissions for AMP Foundation's Tomorrow Fund are now open! Share in up to $1M. http://t.co/RGwjyX8sLi
- 24 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 23 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 18 Jul@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND rolls around next Monday! You have the weekend to by your registration online. See you there! http://t.co/bgSDW4FJgP
- 17 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 16 Jul@QMusicNetworkRT @TheMusicComAu: .@thechurchband, @Seekae and @Voyagerau lead @BIGSOUNDtweets' second live line-up reveal -- 2014 is officially epic: htt…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 15 Jul@QMusicNetwork@BIGSOUNDtweets new Live artist announce is tomorrow! Keep your eyes and ears pealed.
- 14 Jul@QMusicNetwork
- 11 Jul@QMusicNetwork
Musos inspire youth at Band Camp
Local musicians aged 13-25 years will have the chance to network with music industry professionals on January 13 and 14, 2009 at the QUT/BNIT campus in Caboolture.
Ex Go-Betweens member John Willsteed will be offering tips on video production, Chris Burt from The Amity Affliction will be giving advice on hard-core song writing and Dead Letter Circus member Stewart Hill will share his skills during the Bass Technique workshop.
Along with these names of inspiring facilitators is Graeme Ashton, who is Head of Marketing/International licensing for dew-process, with a roster of artists/bands including Powderfinger, The Living End, The Grates and many more.
Band Camp 2009 has been created by Transit Lounge Caboolture, which is supported by Moreton Bay Regional Council and Youth Arts Queensland. Band Camp involves a series of workshops by music industry professionals and musicians and performances by eight local bands.
Mayor Allan Sutherland said council was proud to back an initiative that would give the region’s creative youth practical advice about the music industry.
“Band Camp is all about connecting young musicians and providing them with high quality experiences while celebrating musical diversity and showcasing local talent,” he said.
Band Camp organiser Cassey Russell said Transit Lounge secured a $50,000 grant from the Australia Council to organise the 2009 event and another similar camp in far north Queensland later in the year.
“The workshops include a range of aspects of the music business from band management and self-management, to recording hits and tips and how to put a gig together,” she said.
“There are also song writing workshops which cover different techniques and genres.”
Local acts who’ll perform during the weekend include 1989, Freak Morice, Damasyria, Candice Long, Steve Grady, Nyvosus, Autumn Heartache and a Hip-Hop showcase of different artists including Darkwing Dubs, Morgon + more to be announced.
Tickets to Band Camp are available now but there are limited places. It costs $10 for one day of workshops or $15 for both days. To book a spot or learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 5433 2445.
The Transit Lounge Caboolture project was funded by the Queensland Government, through Arts Queensland and the Community Renewal program (coordinated by the Department of Housing).
Q Music Project Officer
PH: (07) 3257 0013
Published: 08 Dec 2008 by Deb Suckling