- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
Last Chance to Enter the Vanda & Young Songwriting Competition
Hurry! There is less than a week left for you to enter your songs into the Vanda and Young Song Competition. Open to aspiring and established songwriters, the Vanda & Young Songwriting Competition provides an outstanding opportunity for a talented songwriter to make their mark, and support music therapy charity, Nordoff-Robbins.
The competition is open to all songwriters – published and unpublished, professional and amateur, local and international – across all genres. Held for the first time in 2009, the Competition raised $130,000 for Nordoff-Robbins and found winners in Megan Washington, Kav Temperley and Caitlin Harnett.
Give your career a boost with this prize pool! The winner will take home an incredible prize package made up of the following items and valued at over $50,000 AUD:
- $20,000 AUD cash prize
- Business class travel to London and accommodation courtesy of Showtravel valued at $10,000 AUD
- Co-writing sessions at Kensaltown Studios, London UK with the following world-class successful songwriters (depending upon availability at time of travel to the UK): Ron Sexsmith (Michael Buble, Feist); Martin Terefe (Train, Jason Mraz); Sacha Skarbek (Adele, James Blunt); James Bryan (Nelly Furtado); Paul Herman (Dido)
- 30 Sec TV Commercial – Courtesy of XYZ Networks valued at $5,000 AUD
- Two days studio time and engineering at Studios 301 in either Sydney, Byron Bay, Stockholm or Cologne. Approx value AUD$4,499
- Online music course from Berkleemusic.com, the online extension school of Berklee College of Music. The winner will have the ability to choose any 12-week course from Berkleemusic’s extensive course catalog. Total value of this prize is $1,200 USD.
- Live gig to perform the winning song at Song Summit 2012, Darling Harbour, 26 – 28 May 2012
- 3 day pass to attend Song Summit 2012
- 2 tickets to attend 2012 APRA Music Awards, Monday 28 May 2012 (following Song Summit)
- R-09HR: High-Resolution WAVE/MP3 Recorder courtesy of Roland. Valued at $699.
Prizes will also be awarded for second and third place.
Enter by Tuesday 31st May! Entry fee is AUD $50 per song, with all proceeds going to support Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Australia. Entries close Tuesday the 31st of May 2011 and winner will be announced Friday the 15th of July 2011. For more information on the competition visit www.vandayoungsongcomp.com
Further information: Contact APRA|AMCOS on +61 2 9935 7878, fax +61 2 9935 7970 or email entries@VandaYoungSongComp.com
Published: 25 May 2011 by QMusic Newsdesk