- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
Last Chance to Enter the New Artists 2 Radio Competition
The search is on again for new and emerging Australian independent artists with entries open for the New Artists 2 Radio (NA2R) competition, which is celebrating its tenth year.
NA2R is a commercial radio initiative which aims to discover the next big independent music artist to be played on radio throughout the country. The event is open to unsigned independent artists who have not charted in the top 100 Australian national airplay chart.
Chief executive of Commercial Radio Australia, Joan Warner said as part of the ongoing development of the NA2R program, Commercial Radio Australia is delighted to have AIR (Australian Independent Record Labels Association) on board this year to assist in the search for independent artists.
Friday is the last chance that new and emerging Australian independent artists have to enter the New Artists 2 Radio (NA2R) Competition. NA2R is an industry-wide initiative which has helped launched some very successful music careers since its inception including artists like Delta Goodrem, Sarah Blasko, Thirsty Merc, Jade McRae, the Sunpilots, Ashleigh Mannix, Finabah and The Smart.
NA2R entrants will be in the running for:
- The two winners will perform at the NA2R showcase event to be held on the Gold Coast on October 14 in front of key music and program directors.
- Six weeks of airplay, across the day to the value of $1.3 million, on the Australian Radio Network, Austereo, DMG Radio, Macquarie Southern Cross Media, ACE Radio, Prime Radio and Grant Broadcasters for a minimum of six weeks to ensure maximum exposure.
- A digital distribution deal with MGM for online sales via ITunes, Nokia, 3, Big Pond. All winning singles will be submitted to ARIA and AIR for inclusion in the singles chart survey.
- Professional advice from VGM (Media & Marketing) regarding mainstream media, electronic and digital marketing, artist management, sales capacities and the cover design for digital radio servicing.
- All finalists will also attend a radio workshop with leading program and music directors and music marketing professionals. The NA2R workshop offers invaluable insight about how to maximize commercial radio airplay and exposure – a popular feature of the event aimed at helping artists. The workshop will be held in Sydney on September 9.
Artists and bands can enter online at www.na2r.com.au by uploading two of their best commercial tracks, a biography and photo. Entries will be accepted until June 10.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of commercial radio network program and music directors, based on their commercial radio play potential.
Published: 08 Jun 2011 by QMusic Newsdesk