- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
QMA 2012 Finalist Marialy Pacheco
Bay Wave Youth Festival Seeking Young Bands
Bay Wave Youth and Community Festival celebrates and recognizes the importance and achievements of all young people in the local community. The purpose of the festival is to create opportunities for showcasing the talents, skills and ideas of local young people. The Festival offers a range of activities, workshops and performances throughout the day for the whole community to enjoy and participate in.
Bay Wave Youth and Community Festival each year includes performances by young people (12-25) in theatre, dance, and music, as well as a variety of markets, youth & community stalls and free or low cost activities. This youth festival is open to individual young artists, bands and youth services in Brisbane and Bayside that work creatively with young people to have the opportunity to showcase their work and promote themselves.
Bay Wave Youth and Community Festival 2011
Live Bands, Hip Hop performers, workshops, stalls and activities, Skate and Bike Comps, food, FREE STUFF.
When: Sat June 4th
Where: Lota Skate Park, Cnr McDonald and Alexander Sts, Lota (Next to Lota Train Station)
- Nominate your Band! Bay Wave Youth Festival also features a ‘Music Fest’ and it is about giving young and emerging artists an opportunity to play their music and perform on a BIG STAGE! Please download the band/Artist Application form from HERE.
- Have a stall at our festival! Available to community services & youth organisations who would like to promote their service, run outdoor workshops, sign up new members, or sell merchandise related to a group performance on the day. Market stalls are available for young people under 26 with art, crafts, and other goods to sell. Please find Application form attached to this email.
- Nominate young people! If you are working with young people (or you are a young person yourself) and think that they have talent and skills in music, singing, dancing or even drama, please encourage them to be involved in Bay Wave Youth Festival performances! We want to Celebrate YOUth !!
- Join our Youth Voice Committee! We are looking for more young people living in Wynnum/Manly community to assist us with organizing and running the annual youth festival. If you ever wanted to learn skills in event management and join the coolest group in the community, now it’s time to CALL!
- Compete in a Skate or a Bike Comp! So you love skateboarding and bikes and you spend days at the skate park trying to learn new tricks and show off in front of your mates!? Now it’s time to take it to the next level!! We dare you to enter our competition/s! Please find Registration forms attached to this email.
- Run a workshop or an activity! We are looking for creative ideas for workshops and activities for Bay Wave Youth and Community Festival. In previous years activities included drumming, belly dancing, Hip Hop workshops, candle making, hair braiding, and jewellery making etc… We’d love to hear from you and what you can provide! So come on, get creative and give us a call! J
- Make a donation! Bay Wave Youth festival is not funded as a project and every year we depend on generosity and contributions from local businesses and the community members to deliver this festival and ensure that the community and young people can enjoy low-cost or FREE activities and workshops. If you wish to donate please call us at BABI on 3393 4176 (Ext13).
Published: 25 Apr 2011 by QMusic Newsdesk