- 19 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 17 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks: Realise Your Dream, thanks to the British Council! http://t.co/KCzrW3B8Sz
- 14 Jun@QMusicNetworkBIGSOUND Music+Design is here! http://t.co/EKAk0owf3u
- 12 Jun@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Jun@QMusicNetworkOpportunity knocks! Submissions for the Vanda & Young Songwriting competition close one the 21st of this month. http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 31 May@QMusicNetworkDo you work in light, video & sound? Igneous are hosting workshops from US artist Ian Winters on the Isadora program. http://t.co/ojIdS8QHA2
- 30 May@QMusicNetwork
- 28 May@QMusicNetwork
- 27 May@QMusicNetworkBrisbane, Gold Coast, Warwick, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast our Round & Round, Up & Down Tour is coming to you! http://t.co/H5X3gmL32v
- 24 May@QMusicNetwork
- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
Home Festival Postponed
Home Festival, originally planned for the 21st July, has been postponed due to the heavy rain over the last week and the upcoming forecast to Saturday 25th August. Out of respect for Raymond Park and all people attending, it will not be possible to continue with Home Festival’s original date.
Home Festival promises to ‘provide a platform’ for talented locals to express and share their passions. Workshops and activities, singing, dancing, storytelling, food and drink, retail and the ever-popular Suitcase Rummage are activities that promise to captivate all. Home Festival is proud to be grassroots without pushing an agenda – calling all locals to take ownership and pride in the festival. The staff roster is entirely made up of volunteers, donating their time to make the festival an unmissable experience.
This is the second year, and Home Festival is wild with workshops! Bollyfunk Dance and Capoeira will bring their energetic and exciting styles of dance to the Home Festival once again, in colourful workshops directly following their performances. Weva Deva shares a brilliant combination of Yoga, Weaving and Shiatsu Massage. There are workshops on totems, printmaking, bark art, fabric printing, bicycle maintenance, drawing from the memory, and so much more! And for some more adults-focused fun, we have the unmissable ‘Drink and Draw’ workshop experience, in the bar area. What’s more? It is all free. Considering doing a course in printmaking? Come get a taste of it at Home.
The main stage welcomes a huge variety of performers in a number of genres and art forms. Bollyfunk Dance opens the show at 11:30am, with their colourful and energetic style of Bollywood dancing. B-Syde will feature his unique blend of hip-hop, roots and electronica. And to get you dancing, Barley Shakes bring their Irish music, with a slight Aussie twang. We have so many more talented local artists including Sabrosa son Sistema, Citizen John, Linsey Pollak, Kerbside Collection and our hewdliners, Bullhorn. The program doesn’t stop at the main stage! In the Zebra Lounge, we have Aaron Nebauer, Akova, Laneway, Innes Campbell, Jules Woo, Rusty Datsuns, Orange & Silver, and Turkey & Goose.
Once again, the Suitcase Rummage is partnering with the Home Festival to bring you a unique shopping experience, spread on the comfortable lawns of Raymond Park. Allow yourself to be swept away by young stylistas selling handmade accessories, beautifully sourced items, artisan crafts and vintage clothes.
Raymond Park, Kangaroo Point
Saturday 25th August, 10am onwards (new date)
Published: 13 Jul 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk