- 22 May@QMusicNetwork
- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
BIGSOUND - The Final Lineup Revealed!
BIGSOUND has rolled back the covers today on both its full speaker list and final BIGSOUND Live artist lineup.
The announcement sees artists from across genres including Clare Bowditch (who will also be delivering a keynote address), Heroes for Hire, Rüfüs, Jasmine Rae, Loon Lake, Dallas Frasca, Seth Sentry and Electric Empire among 120 artists providing a smorgasbord of musical selections for true music fans over two nights in Fortitude Valley, September 12 and 13.
The BIGSOUND conference lineup (September 12-14) continues its reputation for cutting edge speakers from around the world with representatives from Soundcloud, Last FM, Music Glue and Sonicbids and smashes its list of live music delegates out of the park with Bluesfest’s Peter Noble, Big Day Out’s Ken West, Glastonbury’s Martin Elbourne, and The Windish Agency’s Ben Buchanan joining an already strong list of agents and festival bookers.
Need some more industry? How about producers Nick DiDia, Mark Moffat, Steve Schram and Scott Horscroft? Not enough labels for you? Try Transgressive (UK), Ark Recordings (UK), Six Shooter (Canada), Epitaph, EMI, Warner, Inertia and many more. And with rumours of some big names to join the list at the last minute and still more surprise guests to be unveiled at the event itself, you never know who that “industry-looking” person standing next to you might be.
But we all know that BIGSOUND is all about the music and this year’s 120 artists really deliver. Forget quantity… yes it ticks that box, but these really are the bands the people in the know are talking about behind closed doors. Grab a copy of the list and start planning your two nights so you can look back in a year’s time and brag about how you saw the next Washington, Naked and Famous, Temper Trap, Kimbra or Josh Pyke (all BIGSOUND alumni), in a venue with a couple of hundred of your closest friends.
"The second artist and speaker announce for BIGSOUND should be enough to get even the most jaded music person excited about spending a week in Brisbane in the springtime", said BIGSOUND executive programmer Graham Ashton.
Tickets for BIGSOUND are now available at the special rate of just $395 for members and $495 for non-members through the BIGSOUND website. This discount price is available until July 31 and includes entry to all official conference sessions, official parties, after-parties and BIGSOUND Live music events.
Tickets for BIGSOUND Live only are available through oztix for just $45+BF for one night (60 bands) or $69+BF for both nights (120 bands).
BIGSOUND is an initiative of peak industry body QMusic and is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
TICKETS FOR BIGSOUND ARE ON SALE NOW FROM www.bigsound.org.au
TICKETS FOR BIGSOUND LIVE ARE ON SALE NOW FROM www.oztix.com.au
ACCOMMODATION & TICKET PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE NOW THROUGH TRAVEL BEYOND
DOWNLOAD THE MEDIA RELEASE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Published: 19 Jul 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk