- 20 May@QMusicNetworkWe'd feel remiss not to give you one last reminder: BIGSOUND artist applications and early bird regos close midnight! http://t.co/GKMt3xU1q6
- 17 May@QMusicNetwork
- 16 May@QMusicNetworkNominations are now open for the 2013 Deadly Awards! http://t.co/KCegHk9lR7
- 15 May@QMusicNetwork
- 13 May@QMusicNetworkThe Vanda & Young Songwriting Comp is here again. Applications are now open! http://t.co/Sh7afdVMHT
- 8 May@QMusicNetworkOur professional development series kicks off next week with this free songwriting workshop and Hook Up! http://t.co/OuYhD2Q122
- 7 May@QMusicNetworkLittle BIGSOUND registrations are now open! Get involved. Proudly presented by QMusic and Youth Music Industries. http://t.co/YNhx1h08J7
- 6 May@QMusicNetworkISC winners are out! Huge congrats to Thomas Calder (3rd place, Rock), as well as all of our QLD honorable mentions! http://t.co/sysoG2wShr
- 3 May@QMusicNetworkQMusic is proud to present this very special QLD Week event, featuring artists from all corners of our fine state! http://t.co/2Z1P3REBNb
CONTROL Music Managers Program Podcast Series Released
The Australian Music Industry Network (AMIN) and the Association of Artist Managers (AAM) are pleased to announce the release of a series of podcasts recorded during the CONTROL program in October 2012. The series features discussions and workshops given by some of Australia’s key music managers and leading industry specialists, not only on the subject of artist management, but topics ranging from attracting investment, to social media.
Published: 06 Apr 2013 by QMusic Newsdesk
fiveG.oneG Need Your Tapes
Still sitting on old unwanted cassette tapes? Why not let someone else sit on them? QUT student design collective fiveG.oneG are currently undertaking an innovative exploration of how furniture is designed, manufactured and, overall used to activate spaces. They need your help in constructing a seat from cassettes; they need your unwanted tapes.
Published: 04 Apr 2013 by QMusic Newsdesk
QMusic Welcomes New Staff
QMusic recently said farewell to two valued staff members, Mr Marc Massiean our Marketing and Communications Officer, and Georgia Smith who was our Manager – Events for the past 2 years. In turn we would like to welcome back to QMusic Dan Lewis who is currently filling both of these roles, and we would like to welcome Stacey Coleman to the QMusic team in the role of project officer.
We are thrilled to welcome Dan back and see Stacey as a great asset to the team following on from her recent experience at 4ZZZ fm. We wish Marc and Georgia the best with their future endevours.
QMusic wishes everyone a great Easter break and we will back in the office after a few days off.
Published: 28 Mar 2013 by QMusic Newsdesk
New Federal Arts Minister to Implement Existing National Cultural Policy
Tony Burke, newly appointed Arts Minister, is to continue the implementation of outgoing Simon Crean’s NCP. Burke has expressed his excitement at the prospect of executing the policy, and continues to consult with the cultural industries. The Australian Federal Government last month released its National Cultural Policy, Creative Australia.
Published: 26 Mar 2013 by QMusic Newsdesk
Chelsea Jane Announced as Winner of Hilltop Hoods Initiative 2013
QMusic would like to congratulate Gold Coast emerging Hip Hop artist Chelsea Jane, who has been announced as the recipient of the Hilltop Hoods Initiative for 2013. With the support of the Hilltop Hoods and APRA, Chelsea Jane has won a kick-start to her career, with $10,000 going towards the release and promotion of her first solo album.
Published: 25 Mar 2013 by QMusic Newsdesk