Terms and Conditions
Official Terms & Conditions
1. The Queensland Music Awards are open to all artists who are residents of Queensland.
2. Songs must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe on any copyrights. Entries must not compromise Q Music's obligations to its principal sponsors for the event.
3. Genre Categories that can be entered are:
- Blues / Roots
- Urban – this category is for hip-hop, r&b, beatbox and rap
- World – any song considerably influenced by traditional music of any culture
- Electronic / Dance
- Folk / Singer Songwriter
- Schools (grades 6 - 12)
Please do NOT combine the above categories as one category (e.g: Pop/World)
4. Additional Categories: if applicable, your song/s will be automatically entered into these categories as a BONUS entry.
a) The Indigenous Category is open to the artists who have identified themselves as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander songwriters during the entry process. All Indigenous entries will be automatically entered into this category as a BONUS entry.
For physical entries, do NOT select Indigenous as a Category on the entry form. If you have ticked the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander box we will automatically add it into this category.
b) The Regional Category is open to all songwriters outside of Brisbane. All regional songwriters will automatically be entered into this category as a BONUS entry. Please ensure you provide your postcode so we can enter you into this category if you qualify.
For physical entries do NOT select Regional as a category on your entry form.
5. The Grant McLennan Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nominations will be selected by a panel of music industry professionals.
6. The Song of the Year Award
The Song of the Year is selected from the finalists of each genre category by the judging panel.
7. The Album of The Year Award
This category will be nominated by music industry professionals. Full length albums released between June 2011 and May 2012 are eligible for this category.
Q Music obtains lists from both major and independent labels of releases by Queensland artists during that period for consideration.If you have self–released an album during that timeframe that you think we might not be aware of please email us the album title/artist name and release date and a link to listen to the album to email@example.com - DEADLINE for receipt of nominations: Midnight on Sunday May 13, 2012.
8.Most Popular Male, Female and Group Categories
Finalists in these categories will be nominated by music industry professionals and winners selected by popular vote through the Courier-Mail People’s Choice process.
9. Export Achievement Award
This category will be nominated by music industry professionals. Artists and labels who have achieved international deals/sales for music sync, touring, showcasing, licensing, publishing, digital or physical between June 2011 and May 2012 are eligible for this category.
Q Music obtains lists from both major and independent labels and Queensland artists during the period for consideration. If you have exported during the timeframe and you think we might not be aware of your activities, please email the details of your export achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org - DEADLINE for receipt of nominations: Midnight on Sunday 13 May 2012.
10. Instrumental music may be entered into all categories but must be clearly indicated by writing “Instrumental” in brackets after the song title. Do NOT choose “Instrumental” as a category.
11. HOW TO ENTER
Entries will open 1 March 2012.
For online entries go to Enter The Awards on the Web site.
For physical entries that will be posted in:
- Each song must be submitted with its lyrics (unless instrumental) typed or printed legibly in English on loose A4 paper. Please do not bind in to a folder or use staples
- Songs sung in languages other than English must have an English translation
- Ensure all songwriters of each song entered are clearly listed on the official entry form
- All CDs must be labeled clearly with contact name and song title/s
- Song/s must be in MP3 format
- All songs entered in to the competition may be submitted on one audio CD rather that on seperate CDs but the track listing MUST be clearly stated on the CD
- An individual song may be entered into multiple categories but it will incur an entry fee for each category. Please list each category individually on the entry form
- Payment must be made at the time of entering and is non-refundable
- If you are paying by cheque or money order please make payable to “Q Music”. Please do NOT make out to “Queensland Music Awards”
- Q Music holds no responsibility for entries that are late, lost, misdirected or mailed with insufficient postage. Nor is it responsible in any way for entries that are stolen or misappropriated
- Entries must be sent to the address listed on the entry form
- Recordings and lyrics will not be returned.
|Cost of Entry||Each Song|
|Q Music Adult Members||
The above prices include GST
12. The closing date for entries is:
i. For online entries: MIDNIGHT MONDAY 30 APRIL 2012
ii. For physical entries: POSTMARKED FRIDAY 27 APRIL 2012
The judging panel is made up of music industry professionals from across Australia.
All Queensland Music Awards entries will be judged anonymously by the judging panel.
14. All category winners agree to have their winning entry included on various websites. The Queensland Music Awards creates huge promotional opportunities for finalists and winners. Q Music will notify you of these opportunities as they arise. All category winners agree to grant Q Music the non-exclusive right, free of charge, to make entered songs available for streaming, together with winner’s name and approved images, by members of the public on a non-commercial basis for the purpose of promoting Q Music and the Queensland Music Awards event.
If you agree to have your song/s available for streaming by ticking the Yes box, your song/s may be chosen randomly to be added to a music player on the Queensland Music Awards website. Your song/s will NOT be available for download.
15. Four finalists will be chosen in each category. The finalists will be notified via email on Monday 2 July 2012.
All finalists will be asked to provide a photo and bio for promotional use and will be considered for media opportunities relating to the event. Finalists will receive ONE complimentary ticket per entry to the awards night on August 14, 2012. Additonal tickets will be made available to finalists at a discounted rate.
16. Winners will be announced at the presentation ceremony on Tuesday August 14th, at The Old Museum, Brisbane.
17. The package of promotional activities that will be undertaken on behalf of the winning artists will include, but not be limited to:
• Presentation of an Award at the annual Queensland Music Awards
• Profiling on the Queensland Music Awards website
• Promotion of all winners in the Courier Mail during the week of the Awards
• A national street press ad run that will name all winners of the Queensland Music Awards
• Online and terrestrial radio servicing of compilation CD including all winners
• Promotion through a compilation CD to be distributed to all BIGSOUND delegates in September 2012
18. QMusic staff and Management Committee are NOT eligible to enter the Competition.
19. Winning songs from previous years are NOT eligible to be re-entered.
20. In the case of online entries, by accepting the Terms and Conditions during the entry process, the entrant agrees to accept the rules and conditions.
21. In the case of physical entries, by signing the official Queensland Music Awards entry form, the entrant agrees to accept the rules and conditions.
All further enquiries contact QMusic:
Phone: (07) 3257 0013 or email email@example.com