- 19 Dec@QldMusicAwardsSo much awesomeness! Who'll be our 2015 QMA finalists? Stay tuned. Till then crank the dial, sit back & take it in http://t.co/amn1zFZX4U
- 16 Dec@QldMusicAwards
- 14 Dec@QldMusicAwardsJust 4hr and 35min to get your entries in to be in the running for the 2015 QMAs! Enter your tunes here: http://t.co/xCw5ZSVFOQ
- 12 Dec@QldMusicAwardsHave your song heard by the most influential music & media players - 2015 QMA entires close midnight THIS SUNDAY! http://t.co/bONQDwHinF
- 11 Dec@QldMusicAwardsQueensland Music Awards applications extended http://t.co/cGolNqKq6J
- 10 Dec@QldMusicAwards
- 4 Dec@QldMusicAwards
- 2 Dec@QldMusicAwards
- 28 Nov@QldMusicAwardsQMA welcomes entries from QLD regional musos! Like our Maleny Folk/Singer-Songwriter QMA Finalists Cole & Van Dijk http://t.co/F7GkpB6Yoc
- 25 Nov@QldMusicAwards
- 18 Nov@QldMusicAwards
- 14 Nov@QldMusicAwards
- 11 Nov@QldMusicAwards
- 7 Nov@QldMusicAwards
- 5 Nov@QldMusicAwards
- 31 Oct@QldMusicAwards
- 28 Oct@QldMusicAwardsWhat a cast!! How many bands can you name in this krafty little montage of QMA talent over the years?! https://t.co/OFHlgftg36
- 28 Oct@QldMusicAwardsDid you hear our HUGE news today?? The 2015 Queensland Music Awards are now OPEN!! QLDers get your entries in... http://t.co/ajsfdkIjFs
- 21 Aug@QldMusicAwardsGreat news for prospective applicants! Grant McLennan Fellowship submissions have been extended to Aug 26! http://t.co/EibR0dMga2
- 21 Nov@QldMusicAwards
Queensland Music Awards Honours the State's Finest
The Queensland music industry and fans were out in force on Tuesday evening as the State’s finest artists were honoured at the annual Queensland Music Awards.
Held at Brisbane’s Old Museum, the night belonged to new kids on the block Cub Scouts who picked up two awards including Song of the Year and the Pop Award for their song - Do You Hear.
Brisbane’s most loved troubadour Ben Salter– collected the Album of The Year Award for his debut solo effort The Cat whilst Jeremy Neale picked up the Rock Award for Winter Was The Time.
Meanwhile, Kate Miller-Heidke once again picked up the Courier-Mail Most Popular Female Award –voted for by the public – Pete Murray collected the Courier-Mail Most Popular Male Award and The Grates were voted Most Popular Group.
Rising country music star Harmony James took out the country award, while Marialy Pacheco, who recently took out the prestigious solo pianist award at the Montreux Jazz Festival, received the Jazz Award.
International buzz band DZ Deathrays picked up the Export Achievement Award and the legendary Ed Kuepper was recognized for his contribution to the industry, honoured with the Grant McLennan Lifetime Achievement Award.
QMusic Executive Officer Denise Foley – whose organisation is behind the event – said the Awards gave much-needed recognition to Queensland’s established and emerging artists.
“These Awards are about turning the spotlight on Queensland artists making world class music, while discovering new talent from all corners of the State,” Ms Foley said.
The event also saw the announcement of the Arts Queensland’s $10,000 Billy Thorpe Scholarship which this year went to newcomers Astrid and The Asteroids.
The night ended with Ball Park Music and Velociraptor tearing up the stage for a rapturous audience, again proving Queensland’s rock credentials.
All the winning songs are featured online at www.queenslandmusicawards.com.au.
QUEENSLAND MUSIC AWARDS WINNERS 2012
Song of the Year
Do You Hear – Cub Scouts
Album of the Year
Ben Salter - The Cat
Do You Hear – Cub Scouts
Winter Was the Time – Jeremy Neale
Dawn to Rise – A Breach of Silence
Blues and Roots Award
Golden- Band of Frequencies
Children’s Music Award
The Hopping Mouse – The Lamplights
Precious Little – Harmony James
Raisin Heart – Mosman Alder
The Valley – Rainman
M&R– Bec Laughton and Bure Godwin
Dresden – Marialy Pacheco
World Music Award
Panini Fandango – Lüke
You Could Be Happy – Sahara Beck
Red Roses – Sue Ray
Rainstorm – Jordan Brodie
The Courier-Mail Most Popular Male Award
The Courier-Mail Most Popular Female Award
The Courier-Mail Most Popular Group Award
The Grant McLennan Lifetime Achievement Award
The Export Achievement Award
The Billy Thorpe Scholarship
Astrid and the Asteroids
Published: 17 Aug 2012 by QMusic Newsdesk