- 17 May@QldMusicAwards
- 16 May@QldMusicAwardsTexas Tea give us today's feature entry for the Country category with 'Heart Says Yes (Head Says No)'. Stream it here http://t.co/fVRBO935Cn
- 15 May@QldMusicAwards
- 13 May@QldMusicAwards
- 8 May@QldMusicAwardsA huge thanks and congrats to everyone who entered the 2013 QMAs. Our judges have their work cut out for them! Finalists announced in June.
- 7 May@QldMusicAwardsGartner and Quibell's 'Dance with Me' is today's featured entry for our World category. Check it out! http://t.co/fVRBO935Cn
- 3 May@QldMusicAwards2013 QMA entries close midnight Monday May 6! You have the weekend to submit your songs Queensland! Make it count. http://t.co/2IS4yX1w5A
- 2 May@QldMusicAwardsOne from our Schools category! Cassi Hilbers gives us today's featured entry: 'Wish Upon a Star'.http://t.co/fVRBO935Cn
- 1 May@QldMusicAwardsCheck out today's featured track, 'Like a Drum', from My Little Eye. It's an entrant in our Rock category. http://t.co/fVRBO935Cn
The judging process for the Queensland Music Awards is a two tiered process.
Music Industry professionals comprising of media, managers, A and R representatives, label directors and publishers from around Australia take part in the judging process.
All songs are listened to anonymously – that is each song is allocated a QMA number and judges don’t know who the artist is.
The songs are first shortlisted down to ten songs per category by one group of judges.
A second group of judges then listens to the final ten songs and selects the top four songs which become the finalists and one winner is then selected from the final four songs.
QMusic makes every effort to ensure the judging process is as fair as possible and more than 50 judges take part in the process.
Ben Preece | Director, Mucho-Bravado
Bernadette Ryan | Artist Manager, Bernadette Ryan Management (The Avalanches, Eagle & The Worm, Architecture in Helsinki)
Bill Cullen | Managing Director, One Louder Entertainment (Sarah Blasko, Paul Kelly, Kate Miller-Heidke)
Catherine Haridy | Artist Manager, Catherine Haridy Management (Eskimo Joe, Adalita, Jebediah)
Chris Harms | Editor, Rave Magazine
Chris O'Neill | Writer Services, APRA
Dan Condon | Editor, theMusic.com.au
Darryl Bailey | Director, Promotions & Publicity, EMI Music
Di Mills | Program Coordinator, Woodford Folk Festival/The Dreaming
Gareth Bryant | Editor, Scene Magazine
Grace Nye | Music Department, 4ZZZ
Graham Ashton | Director, Footstomp Music
Iain Shedden | Music Editor, The Australian
Jeff Chandler | Board Member, Country Music Assoc. Australia
Jodie Regan | Artist Manager, Spinning Top Music (Tame Impala, Pond, Felicity Groom)
John Mullen | A&R Manager, Dew Process (The Grates, The Panics, Sarah Blasko, The Living End)
Lady Lex | Writer, Scene Magazine
Lars Brandle | Journalist, Billboard Magazine
Matt Tanner | A&R/Creative Manager, Native Tongue Publishing
Mel Lake | Artist Manager, Bird Music (Sally Seltmann & The Middle East)
Michelle Brown | Station Management Team, 4ZZZ
Noel Mengel | Music Writer, The Courier-Mail
Rhoda Roberts | Head of Indigenous Programming, Sydney Opera House
Rick Chazan | Director, Ground Control Music (emma louise, The Boat People, Dan Parsons)
Ron Adsett | Owner, Country Music Store
Roxanne Brown | Artist Manager (Troy Cassar-Daley)
Sam Cook | Kissmyblakarts
Sarah Howells | Presenter, triple j
Sean Sennett | Editor, TOM Magazine
Simon Moor | Managing Director, Kobalt Music Publishing
Stephen Foster | Manager, The Tanks Art Centre
Stephen Green | Managing Director, SGC Media
Steve Bell | Editor, Time Off Magazine
Tanya-Hiroko Martin | Business Development Manager, BEMAC (Brisbane Multicultural Arts Centre)