Official Rules and Conditions
1. Q SONG AWARDS 2010 is open to all residents of Queensland.
2. Songs must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe any copyrights. The entrant must not be published or signed to a publishing deal. Entries must not compromise Q Music's obligations to its principal sponsors for the event.
3. GENRE CATEGORIES that can be entered are:
• Alternative - this category is for contemporary indie songs that don’t fit into other genre categories
• Urban – this category is for hip-hop, r&b, beatbox and rap
• World - any song considerably influenced by traditional music of any culture
• Blues / Roots
• Gospel / Spiritual
• Primary School (years 1 - 7)
• Secondary School (years 8 - 12)
• Folk / Ballad
• Dance /Electronic
•Pacific Island - The Pacific Island category is for songwriters of Pacific Island heritage who are currently residing in Queensland.
Please do NOT combine the above categories as one category (e.g.: Pop/World)
4. ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES if applicable, your song/s will be automatically entered into these categories.
a) The Indigenous Category is open to the artists who have identified themselves as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander songwriters during the entry process. All Indigenous entries will be automatically entered into this category as a BONUS entry. For physical entries, do NOT select Indigenous as a Category on the entry form.
b) The Regional Category is open to all songwriters outside of Brisbane and all regional songwriters will automatically be entered into this category as a BONUS entry. Please ensure you provide your postcode so we can enter you into this category if you qualify. For physical entries do NOT select Regional as a Category on your entry form.
5. The Song of the Year and The Courier-Mail People’s Choice Award will be chosen from all categories.
6. The Published Song of the Year Award and the Grant McLennan Lifetime Achievement Award nominations will be selected by a panel of music industry professionals. These nominations include artists who are published and who have made outstanding contributions to Queensland music.
7. Instrumental music may be entered into all categories but must be clearly indicated by writing “Instrumental” in brackets after the song title. Do NOT choose “Instrumental” as a category.
8. HOW TO ENTER
• Each song must be submitted with its lyrics (unless instrumental) typed or printed legibly in English (songs sung in languages other than English must have an English translation)
• Ensure all songwriters of each song entered are clearly listed
• Payment must be made at the time of entering the competition and is non-refundable
|Songs 1, 2 & 3*||Songs 4+|
|Q Music Adult Members||$30*||$10 each song|
|Adult Non-Members||$30 each song||$20 each song|
|School Entries||$15 each song||$10 each song|
*Q Music Members – If you are only entering 1 or 2 songs, the $30 minimum charge still applies
• The closing date for entries is:
- For online entries: Midnight Friday 28th May 2010
- For physical entries: postmarked 5.00pm, Friday 28th May 2010
Q Music holds no responsibility for entries that are late, lost, misdirected or mailed with insufficient postage. Nor is it responsible in any way for entries that are stolen or misappropriated.
For online entries:
• The song/s must be in MP3 format
• An individual song may be entered into multiple categories but it will incur an entry fee for each category.
For physical entries:
• The CD must be labeled clearly with contact name and song title/s
• An individual song may be entered into multiple categories but it will incur an entry fee for each category. Please list each category individually. However, one CD of the song may be provided
• If you are paying by cheque or money order please make payable to “Q Music”. Please do NOT make out to “Q Song”.
• Entries must be sent to the address listed on the entry form
9. In the case of physical entries, recordings and lyrics will not be returned.
10. Four finalists will be chosen in each category. The finalists will be notified via email at the end of June 2010.
11. All finalists will be asked to provide a photo and bio for promotional use and will be considered for media opportunities relating to the event.
12. All category winners agree to have their winning entry included on various websites. Q Song creates huge promotional opportunities for winners. These include promotion in the Courier-Mail and on the Courier-Mail website; 612 ABC Brisbane live to air interviews and on the ABC websites; Q Music and Triple J website exposure; and 4zzz interviews and airplay. All category winners agree to grant Q Music the non-exclusive right, free of charge, to make entered songs available for download and streaming, together with winner’s name and approved images, by members of the public on a non-commercial basis for the purpose of promoting Q Music and the Q Song event.
13. If you agree to have your song/s available for streaming by ticking the Yes box, your song/s may be chosen randomly to be added to a music player on the Q Song website. Your song/s will not be available for download.
14. Winners will be announced at the presentation ceremony on Tuesday August 10th, at The Tivoli, Brisbane.
15. Cash prizes will be awarded at the Q SONG AWARDS 2010 Presentation Ceremony.
16. All Q Song entries will be judged anonymously by the competition judges.
17. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Q Music staff and Management Committee are NOT eligible to enter the Competition.
19. Winning songs from previous years are not eligible to be re-entered.
20. In the case of online entries, by accepting the Terms and Conditions during the entry process, the entrant agrees to accept the rules and conditions of the competition.
21. In the case of physical entries, by signing the official Q Song entry form, the entrant agrees to accept the rules and conditions of the competition.
ALL FURTHER ENQUIRIES CONTACT Q Music:
Phone: (07) 3257 0013 or email email@example.com