Applications are open for the prestigious $25,000 Grant McLennan fellowship, an incredible opportunity for QLD songwriters to travel to New York, London or Berlin for up to six months and use the experience of being immersed in a foreign and vibrant musical culture to further develop their own artistic skills. Applications close 23 September, 2019.
The Activate Music Grant supports the development of the Gold Coast’s contemporary music artists and industry. Funding provides support for projects that build cultural capacity, increase employment and create pathways to sustainable music careers.
The Activate Music Grant program aims to:
- support the career development of Gold Coast contemporary musicians and related industry professionals
- build the City of Gold Coast’s music brand, showcasing Gold Coast content locally, nationally and internationally
- invest in the growth and long term sustainability of the Gold Coast music sector.
Who can apply?
- Music practitioners from all genres and career stages.
- Music industry professionals including managers, publicists, booking agents and related support industries.
- All applicants must have a significant connection to the Gold Coast.
The Contemporary Music Grants Program has $100,000 available annually. There is no cap on the amount that can be requested in a funding round. The program will not support 100 per cent of the expenditure for any project.
- Round opens: 3 May 2019
- Applications Due: 31 May 2019
- Notifications: early July 2019
Senior Arts and Culture Project Officer / RADF Liaison Officer
Phone: 07 5581 6075 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best Coast’s Bethany Cosentino, music writer and industry figure Vivien Goldman, Frontier Touring’s Sahara Herald and acclaimed artist Mojo Juju join the stellar 2019 speaker lineup. With the new keynote announcement comes the unveiling of the BIGSOUND 2019 Official Party program, with Purple Pass holders in for a real treat with no less than 16 official events.
This year's legendary BIGSOUND party schedule has landed, with a heap of returning favourites and exciting new offerings! Purple Pass holders are in for a real treat with no less than 16 official events, check out the full list!
QMusic have partnered with Sunshine Coast Creative Alliance and The Events Centre to present POINT, an immersive event featuring multi-art projections, installations and some of the country’s most exciting emerging and established music acts taking place Friday 30 Aug. Check out the lineup!
Raising funds for your project or organisation? Applications for matched funding through Creative Partnerships Australia and the Australian Cultural Fund are open from now until Wed 14 August.
Over the past three years BIG SKY GIRLS has become a crucial annual event supporting and mentoring young regional women in music across Queensland. Applications for 2019 are open now, closing 10 August.