AMEX are backing the Australian music industry with a grant program valued at $1,000,000.
Applications for the American Express Music Backers Program are now open!
A panel of judges from American Express will be joined by a group of music industry experts from a variety of backgrounds, including music venues, artists, artist managers, industry bodies, promoters, record labels to judge the applications. Judges include Mille Millgate (Sounds Australia), George Ash (Universal Music Asia Pacific), Nick Yates (Unified Group), Jack River and Kathy McCabe.
Already two Queenslanders have scored a share of the pie.
AMEX want to see The Zoo thrive and continue to be a bastion of support for touring artists in Queensland. That’s why they will receive our backing for venue refurbishments, renovations and enhancements.
The Brisbane producer has made waves in Australian music with the release of his debut single “Weigh You Down” - which not only earned him +200,000 streams, but the love and attention of fans and radio nationwide. A finalise in the 2018 Billy Thorpe Scholarship, Keelan applied to receive support for his 2019 headline tour off the back of playing BIGSOUND 2018. The country-wide run of dates will create a platform for Keelan to promote his new EP and showcase his incredible music live in front of thousands of Australians.
So, are you ready to apply?
Here are two ways in which American Express will provide $1 million worth of backing to the Australian music industry.
You can submit an application to be considered across one of three categories. We've included some inspiration for them from the AMEX website to get you started!
You have a Music Venue or Business
- Venue upgrade to refurbish the band stage, sound equipment or interiors
- Business mentoring
- Marketing support to boost your brand and get customers in the door
- Starting a business? Budding promoters, artist managers, venue operators, music photographers
You are an Artist or Band
- Industry introductions to agents, labels, producers or promoters
- Financial support or expertise: Recording studio time, Music video production, instruments, transport, marketing, graphic design for album cover
- Education Sessions: Industry mentorships, info sessions – how to book a gig, streaming info
- Getting your name out there: Performance opportunities, Support act for major touring artist, Artist Showcases
You’re a Music Fan!
- Tickets to gigs
- Travel expenses to gigs
- VIP experiences
Lots of info on the Music Grant Backers Microsite
Applications close on the last day of every month until 31 May 2019 and submissions from previous rounds will be considered.
"Let’s keep one of Australia’s longest running independent venues running even longer."AMEX Music Backers Grant
RE: The Zoo, Brisbane.
It’s been a huge 12 months for Queensland album releases, and our QMA Judges were given the hard task of whittling down the seemingly endless list of high-calibre records to just 5 finalists.
The 2019 Queensland Music Awards is shaping up to be one of the most memorable nights of the year, with QMusic today announcing a stellar list of finalists and live performances.