Round one of Arts Queensland's 2019 Individuals Fund is open, offering up to $10,000 per application for artists and cultural workers to participate in transformational professional and career development opportunities.
With previous recipients including Queensland songwriters Tia Gostelow and Sean Foran, the fund's objectives are to:
- Propel careers to the next level of professionalism
- Reward and recognise outstanding individual artists and cultural workers
- Fast track development of talent and leadership
- Develop new markets and new audiences for new work
- Offer significant and inspirational opportunities for professional development and to expand industry networks.
Round 1 is open now and closes at 4pm on 12 April 2019, for activities starting after 5 July 2019.
For more information and to start your application, click below.
QMusic and the brains behind BIGSOUND have teamed up for the ultimate end-of-year party on Sunday, November 28! Join in on the biggest party to see out a year that sucked and welcome a funner Summer!
Following ongoing reports of systemic bullying, discrimination, and misconduct under Handlin’s leadership at Sony Music Entertainment, Queensland's peak music industry body QMusic has revoked Handlin's 2020 Honorary Award.
The Australian music industry is a delicate ecosystem at risk of total collapse unless it receives critical life support. The success of Australia’s live music industry lies in the people who make the show go on - the technicians, engineers, managers, hiring companies and more - those who are COVID’s invisible victims.