QMusic, Queensland's music industry development organisation, goes into overdrive this week with QMUSIC CONNECT: The Masterclass Series offering free live masterclasses featuring industry leaders and professionals from this Thursday 30 April at 5.30pm (AEST).
AIR, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA
Indie Week is a member-only conference for record labels and service providers with a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital.
AIR & SOUNDS AUSTRALIA have led Australian delegations to Indie Week since 2013 and have again been extended an invitation to lead Australian delegations to Indie Week in 2019. SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be covering registration costs.
Expressions of Interest take about 5 minutes to complete and are due by 1st March, 2019.
- Indie Week 2018 will be held in New York City from Mon 17th to Thurs 20th June 2019
- In celebration of 10 years of Exporting Australian music, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be presenting the inaugural THE AUSSIE BBQ as part of Summerstage in Central Park with the Australian Consulate General, New York on Saturday 22nd June 2019. All Australian Indie Week delegates will be invited as a VIP guest to THE AUSSIE BBQ, that will also include an exclusive network luncheon with key New York music industry before the showcase performance.
- SOUNDS AUSTRALIA’S sponsorship will cover conference registration for both events, ticket to The Libera Awards, as well as participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking sessions.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- To apply a label must be a member of AIR
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
QMusic talks to Futuremag Music founder and editor Luke Byatt on starting a music publication built on Queensland’s writing and photography talent.
QMusic caught up with Luke Byatt who launched independent publication Futuremag Music in 2016 and who has grounded his roots in Australia’s media landscape as a niche tastemaker.
QMusic, Queensland’s music industry development association and producer of BIGSOUND and the Queensland Music Awards, has launched a series of free online workshops and masterclasses called QMUSIC CONNECT.
QMusic, a not-for-profit organisation, can complement the fiscal packages offered by state and federal governments by offering our services, programs and initiatives online. We are here to listen, advocate and be your support.
Australia’s live performance industry needs an assurance from the Federal Government it will be included in the next economic stimulus package. This is urgently required to prevent a complete and permanent industry shutdown, costing thousands of jobs and forcing the closure of performing arts and commercial companies and venues for good.