Sahara Beck has been named as the recipient of the $15,000 Carol Lloyd Award for 2019, the announcement taking place at the launch of this year's Queensland Music Festival.
AIR, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA
Indie Week is a member-only conference for record labels and service providers with a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital.
AIR & SOUNDS AUSTRALIA have led Australian delegations to Indie Week since 2013 and have again been extended an invitation to lead Australian delegations to Indie Week in 2019. SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be covering registration costs.
Expressions of Interest take about 5 minutes to complete and are due by 1st March, 2019.
- Indie Week 2018 will be held in New York City from Mon 17th to Thurs 20th June 2019
- In celebration of 10 years of Exporting Australian music, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be presenting the inaugural THE AUSSIE BBQ as part of Summerstage in Central Park with the Australian Consulate General, New York on Saturday 22nd June 2019. All Australian Indie Week delegates will be invited as a VIP guest to THE AUSSIE BBQ, that will also include an exclusive network luncheon with key New York music industry before the showcase performance.
- SOUNDS AUSTRALIA’S sponsorship will cover conference registration for both events, ticket to The Libera Awards, as well as participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking sessions.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- To apply a label must be a member of AIR
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
Queensland Music Festival has launched its massive 2019 program. The state-wide program for the festival's 20th anniversary will run 5 July through to 28 July and bring "the gift of music to all corners of the state". Find out what's on and how you can get involved!
Last fortnight Paris Irwin, winner of the Industry Connect ‘Chill with Paces’ mentoring session spent an afternoon at Alchemix Recording Studios with Paces to gain some priceless industry insight, feedback on her songs and whip up a groovy new tune with the Gold Coast based producer.
Tucked away in the mountains of the Sunshine Coast is the picturesque Heliport Studios where for the second year, eight Industry Connect participants will spend four days co-writing and collaborating on new music with the guidance of industry experts.
APRA AMCOS have announced the return of the biennial APRA Professional Development Awards offering nine individual winners $15,000 each. The Smugglers of Light initiative will also return in 2019, providing a promising Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander music or media practitioner with a grant of $12,000.