Registrations are now open for QMusic’s free professional development series INDUSTRY CONNECT, set to begin in April, in partnership with venues and councils in Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Cairns.
AIR, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA
Indie Week is a member-only conference for record labels and service providers with a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital.
AIR & SOUNDS AUSTRALIA have led Australian delegations to Indie Week since 2013 and have again been extended an invitation to lead Australian delegations to Indie Week in 2019. SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be covering registration costs.
Expressions of Interest take about 5 minutes to complete and are due by 1st March, 2019.
- Indie Week 2018 will be held in New York City from Mon 17th to Thurs 20th June 2019
- In celebration of 10 years of Exporting Australian music, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be presenting the inaugural THE AUSSIE BBQ as part of Summerstage in Central Park with the Australian Consulate General, New York on Saturday 22nd June 2019. All Australian Indie Week delegates will be invited as a VIP guest to THE AUSSIE BBQ, that will also include an exclusive network luncheon with key New York music industry before the showcase performance.
- SOUNDS AUSTRALIA’S sponsorship will cover conference registration for both events, ticket to The Libera Awards, as well as participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking sessions.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- To apply a label must be a member of AIR
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
Hookups are an opportunity to interact and network with fellow artists and industry from across your city, mingle with your peers and enjoy some food on us! PLUS we're giving you the chance to win a mentoring session with Gold Coast producer Paces. All you need to do is RSVP and attend Industry Connect Hookups at the Gold Coast, Sunny Coast, Ipswich or Brisbane.
Apply now for up to $5K funding support to host an event that creates an educational and/or collaborative community experience as part of Queensland Small Business Week. Applications close 3 March.
Looking to hone your studio skills? EQUALIZE is designed for female and non-binary APRA AMCOS members who are keen to further build their technical skills and industry knowledge to become a producer for screen, electronic/pop or recording full bands. Apply before 26 Feb!
Calling ALL songwriters! Songwriters worldwide are invited to enter the 2019 Vanda & Young Global Songwriting Competition to go into the running for a career-changing A$50,000 first place cash prize, courtesy of APRA AMCOS, Alberts and BMG.