Produced by QMusic, the Queensland Music Awards is proud to open the inaugural Innovation Award to acknowledge and celebrate those who found a way to not just survive in music, but create new and innovative ways to thrive in 2020 and beyond.
Southern Cross Austereo, one of Australia’s most progressive and exciting entertainment-based media companies, is on the hunt for our next legendary Executive Producer to lead Brisbane’s Big Breakfast with Marto, Margaux & Nick Cody!
Reporting to the Content Director, you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities and ongoing projects of the Triple M team. As Executive Producer, you’ll oversee every aspect of on-air content and talent, and execute the overall strategic direction of the show.
As a seasoned EP, you know how to create truly compelling content that gets talked about. You’re relentless in your pursuit of the best on air content. Importantly, you’re capable of using your industry knowledge and contacts to transform your amazing ideas into the real thing.
Here’s who we’re searching for:
- You have experience working with a strong radio cast
- You know how to drive ideas from the planning meeting right through to out of the speakers and socials
- Your radio smarts can help shape loose ideas into killer radio
- You understand what makes your audience tick, what 40+ men LOVE and how to keep them listening longer to get it
- You ‘get’ the difference between strong content and bland cardboard
- You don’t give up on getting that guest, even if it takes weeks
- You get a kick out of working on a live show in a buzzing team, even if it means the early starts and big days
This gig isn’t about writing runsheets and making coffee – we need someone to drive the show forward, so self-discipline and drive are a must. Is this you? Send us your CV, cover letter and work samples by applying via SCA Careers.
Please note that SCA reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately, so jump into it!
Applications close Friday, 3 July 2020.
Sunshine Coast Broadcasters
MAROOCHYDORE, SUNSHINE COAST
We are seeking an articulate, dynamic and motivated radio journalist to fulfill a 12-month maternity contract at our state-of-the-art Maroochydore Studios.
Located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, your duties will include the daily research, writing, editing, and delivery of local breakfast news bulletins for our two premier commercial FM stations 91.9 SEA FM and 92.7 MIX FM.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are a proven Broadcast Journalist, with skills focusing on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have experience in writing, voicing, and editing news bulletins.
- Able to work autonomously and under strict time pressures to meet regular deadlines
- Love EARLY mornings, starting each day at 4am – (With Afternoons free to explore the region)
- Understands the ACMA and Broadcasting codes of practice and standards for regional news delivery and programming
- Can show you’re a team player with self-determination, and a passion to contribute to the wider content of the stations.
- Have experience using RCS News is desirable, however full training will be provided to the right candidate.
So, if the above sounds like you and you’ve always wanted to learn how to surf or to visit the Big Pineapple, submit a demo and CV direct to the email PickMe@eongroup.com.au - and with a start date of August 2020, you could be joining us well in time for beach fun this Summer!
Applications close Tuesday, 16 June 2020.
QMusic today announced the return of the Billy Thorpe Scholarship, funded by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland, with applications open until 11:59pm (AEST), Thursday 14 January 2021 for all Queensland early-career artists to apply.
Entries are now open for emerging and established artists to submit an application across 16 categories in the 2021 Queensland Music Awards (QMAs).
The QMusic Management Committee is pleased to announce Natalie Strijland as the new President, taking the reins from Michael Crutcher, and D-J Wendt as Vice President, taking over from Stephen Green, and welcomes new member, John "JC" Collins.
Brisbane local, HOPE D has been announced as the winner of the 2020 Carol Lloyd Award, presented by QMusic and proudly supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and APRA AMCOS.