Southern Cross Austereo, one of Australia’s most progressive and exciting entertainment-based media companies, is on the hunt for our next legendary Executive Producer to lead Brisbane’s Big Breakfast with Marto, Margaux & Nick Cody!
Reporting to the Content Director, you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities and ongoing projects of the Triple M team. As Executive Producer, you’ll oversee every aspect of on-air content and talent, and execute the overall strategic direction of the show.
As a seasoned EP, you know how to create truly compelling content that gets talked about. You’re relentless in your pursuit of the best on air content. Importantly, you’re capable of using your industry knowledge and contacts to transform your amazing ideas into the real thing.
Here’s who we’re searching for:
- You have experience working with a strong radio cast
- You know how to drive ideas from the planning meeting right through to out of the speakers and socials
- Your radio smarts can help shape loose ideas into killer radio
- You understand what makes your audience tick, what 40+ men LOVE and how to keep them listening longer to get it
- You ‘get’ the difference between strong content and bland cardboard
- You don’t give up on getting that guest, even if it takes weeks
- You get a kick out of working on a live show in a buzzing team, even if it means the early starts and big days
This gig isn’t about writing runsheets and making coffee – we need someone to drive the show forward, so self-discipline and drive are a must. Is this you? Send us your CV, cover letter and work samples by applying via SCA Careers.
Please note that SCA reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately, so jump into it!
Applications close Friday, 3 July 2020.
Sunshine Coast Broadcasters
MAROOCHYDORE, SUNSHINE COAST
We are seeking an articulate, dynamic and motivated radio journalist to fulfill a 12-month maternity contract at our state-of-the-art Maroochydore Studios.
Located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, your duties will include the daily research, writing, editing, and delivery of local breakfast news bulletins for our two premier commercial FM stations 91.9 SEA FM and 92.7 MIX FM.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are a proven Broadcast Journalist, with skills focusing on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have experience in writing, voicing, and editing news bulletins.
- Able to work autonomously and under strict time pressures to meet regular deadlines
- Love EARLY mornings, starting each day at 4am – (With Afternoons free to explore the region)
- Understands the ACMA and Broadcasting codes of practice and standards for regional news delivery and programming
- Can show you’re a team player with self-determination, and a passion to contribute to the wider content of the stations.
- Have experience using RCS News is desirable, however full training will be provided to the right candidate.
So, if the above sounds like you and you’ve always wanted to learn how to surf or to visit the Big Pineapple, submit a demo and CV direct to the email PickMe@eongroup.com.au - and with a start date of August 2020, you could be joining us well in time for beach fun this Summer!
Applications close Tuesday, 16 June 2020.
BIGSOUND is pleased to announce that it will proceed in 2020 with a revised program of conference, live music and parties, ensuring that its long-standing role of providing forward thinking, listening, learning, discovering and most importantly industry connection for the music community, is not lost due to COVID-19.
QMusic will deliver $3,000 grants, on behalf of the Queensland Government and Arts Queensland to musicians and music industry workers as part of the stART Grant Program.
QMusic, Queensland's music industry development organisation, goes into overdrive this week with QMUSIC CONNECT: The Masterclass Series offering free live masterclasses featuring industry leaders and professionals from this Thursday 30 April at 5.30pm (AEST).
QMusic talks to Futuremag Music founder and editor Luke Byatt on starting a music publication built on Queensland’s writing and photography talent.
QMusic caught up with Luke Byatt who launched independent publication Futuremag Music in 2016 and who has grounded his roots in Australia’s media landscape as a niche tastemaker.
QMusic, Queensland’s music industry development association and producer of BIGSOUND and the Queensland Music Awards, has launched a series of free online workshops and masterclasses called QMUSIC CONNECT.