The Sponsorship Manager role is a rare paid position for a community-minded salesperson who is passionate about music and the arts in Brisbane. The role would suit someone interested in connecting Brisbane's arts communities to 4ZZZ to amplify events, organisations and initiatives that reflect our ethos to support Brisbane's thriving cultural scenes.
Read more about who 4ZZZ are here.
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for overall sponsorship income at 4ZZZ. We are Brisbane (actually, Australia's) longest running FM radio station and have been reliably pumping out new alternative music since 1975.
This role ensures budgets are met through selling sponsorship campaigns to 4ZZZ's established client base, as well as investigating new leads. The Sponsorship Manager is in charge of executing campaigns in adherence to station policy and CBAA Codes that govern sponsorship on community radio. The Sponsorship Manager also plays a crucial role in securing contra for campaigns such as our annual Radiothon subscriber drive.
This role requires a solid sales and customer service background, strong connections to the music, arts and business community, a knowledge of 4ZZZ ethos and culture and an ability to think creatively to achieve results that benefit 4ZZZ and the client.
Option for commission to be negotiated with successful applicant.
Sponsorship Manager Responsibilities
- Make monthly income targets in line with sponsorship budget
- Maintain positive relationships with existing clients, follow up leads and investigate new areas to expand client base
- Ensure sponsorship requirements are being met by on-air announcers including adherence to CBAA Codes and station policy
- Assist in the development and execution of 4ZZZ campaigns (securing contra, workshop revenue raising campaigns with Station Manager)
- The Sponsorship Manager will take an active role in managing outstanding sponsorship campaigns, working with the Finance Officer to determine the appropriate course of action
- Demonstrated success in sales, sponsorship, or customer service role
- Existing networks within the Brisbane small business community, media, music and the arts.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations that apply to community broadcasting.
- Understanding of 4ZZZ ethos and culture, as well as knowledge of broader media, broadcasting and/or music industries
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter expressly addressing each point of the selection criteria above.
If you are passionate, enjoy a challenge and want to work for one of the fastest developing cities in Australia, if excellent working conditions and exciting project work is something you find attractive, we have an opportunity for you.
We are working hard to build a vibrant city, maintain our enviable Gold Coast lifestyle and ensure our city will be thriving, sustainable and attractive into the future. The lifestyle opportunities, weather, career development and growth are some reasons why working for Gold Coast City Council may be the best decision you've made. We're making our mark on South-East Queensland... come and make your mark with us.
Reference No: 23733
Salary Range: $84323.79 to $89260.69
City of Gold Coast
Working for City of Gold Coast is both challenging and rewarding, whether you are starting a career or looking to enhance your existing experience and skills. The Gold Coast is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia with a diverse population, combining great challenges with the kind of lifestyle few cities can boast about.
How We Do Things
- We aim high – we are passionate about delivering the best for our city
- We add value – we are innovative and make the most of every opportunity
- We work as a team – our people are great individually, but unstoppable together
- We take responsibility – we are committed to working safely, being trustworthy and owning our actions
About the Position
The Arts and Culture Unit is the custodian of the Culture Strategy 2023 and provides an engine room for arts and cultural development across the city. This role has a large focus on collaboration, networking and building relationships while providing expert advice to internal and external stakeholders. You will lead and deliver such programs as the Music Action Plan working closely with the music sector and across council to deliver key initiatives that supports the growth and development of the music sector.
You will be a creative strategic thinker with the drive to create real impact in the creative future of the City of Gold Coast. Combining your background in the arts sector with high level project management skills, you will thrive in this dynamic environment while managing multiple projects and initiatives. You will utilise your highly developed interpersonal skills to broker likely and unlikely partnerships to enhance the city's cultural development. Your in-depth knowledge of current and emerging cultural trends on both a national and international level will assist you in delivering the objectives outlined in the Culture Strategy 2023.
Key Deliverables of the position:
- Engages stakeholders and partners for delivering key programs
- Devises and implements work plans and budgets to deliver sector development program
- Works as a team member within Arts and Culture and embraces relationships across council to deliver key projects
- Brings innovative ideas for collaboration across the arts sector and industry
- Delivers high level written documents to support the approval and delivery of sector development programs
- Reporting and evaluation of key projects
How to Apply
You will need to have an eRecruit account in order to apply for this position. If you do not already have one, please select "Create a New Account" within eRecruit and create a profile. For more details, please refer to the attached Job Success Profile. If you require further information after reading the Job Success Profile, please call the listed Contact Person. Please note applications for this position will close at 10.30pm on the listed closing date.
For queries or issues regarding the eRecruit system please phone 1300 465 326 during Business Hours.
You can now stay up to date with all of our advertised vacancies by joining our recruitment Facebook Group.
As part of our selection process, you will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Australian Standards and Council's procedures.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons encouraged to apply.
Enquiries: Libby Lincoln
Ph: 07 5581 6790
Applications Close: 26/02/2018
Council is an EEO employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Brisbane Powerhouse is Queensland's home for contemporary culture. With over 1,250 performances and events each year, we are one of the busiest arts venues in the Asia-Pacific region. We offer a year-round program featuring events across music, comedy, Writers+Ideas, dance, film, visual arts, cabaret, circus, and theatre.
We produce some of Queensland and Australia's largest events, including Brisbane Comedy Festival, Australian Performing Arts Market, MELT: A Festival of Queer Arts and Culture, and Wonderland Festival.
We help create events and experiences that couldn't exist anywhere else, including outstanding dining experiences, the adrenalin rush of a festival's atmosphere or the joy of witnessing a great performance. Our building is the hero of our story, and its uniqueness is represented in everything our audience encounters.
Personal, Contemporary, Awesome
Our Cultural Vision
We belong to a place and time
We have a foot in New Farm and a foot in New York
We value enthusiasm and engagement
We are builders, but we do not build alone
- In consultation with the Marketing and Communications Director, develop a Digital Marketing Strategy for social media incorporating a social media style guide and social media policy for the organisation.
- In association with the Marketing and Communications Manager (Cultural Program), support the rollout of marketing campaigns for the curated program executing digital delivery within prescribed budgets.
- Support the digital servicing of venue presenters, events, development initiatives and whole of precinct activations.
- Write engaging and relevant content in the organisation's online voice for social media, fortnightly Powermail, EDM's, and online news items.
- Build, schedule and maintain event webpages across the Brisbane Powerhouse and Brisbane Comedy Festival websites.
- Consistently update the organisation's social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, devising strategies for audience engagement and growth.
- Produce professional standard videos and vox pops clips for festival launches, events and online content.
- Ensure the timely and efficient management of both web and promotional activities within prescribed budgets and ensuring that approvals processes are adhered to.
- Ensure the timely execution of online marketing campaigns, including coordination of internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Project manage major digital projects including website and/or app development.
- Devise briefs and site maps for web developers, app developers and UX designers that demonstrate an awareness of best practice in navigation and user interface design.
- Prepare and distribute post event surveys as requested.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with hires, artists, media, suppliers, developers, partners and stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of new social media platforms and online marketing trends, making recommendations for the continued improvement of the organisation's marketing and communications activities as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate statistics for each campaign using such tools as Google Analytics and frequently provide updates on the effectiveness of web strategies and promotional activity.
- Maintain and update event information on a regular basis to ensure all online information is timely and dynamic.
- Monitor all social media accounts, hashtags and key search terms to ensure the organisation's brand is reflected positively online at all times.
- Establish and maintain the organisation's image library and filming archive.
- Coordinate cross-promotional activities with other arts organisations.
- Support the Marketing and Communications Director to deliver the organisation's marketing and communications activities.
- Deliver other tasks as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Director.
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum of two years' digital marketing experience, preferably within the arts industry.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing the implementation of websites, mobile applications, digital marketing strategies, SEO, online advertising and promotional strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in email and social media marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work within campaign budget parameters.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to effectively balance competing priorities and commitments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- A thorough understanding of digital marketing practices and trends across all current and emerging mediums.
- Experience using WordPress CMS, Google Analytics, Google Adwords CMS, Survey Monkey and Mailchimp
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite i.e. Photoshop
Salary will be in the range of $50,000 to $60,000 (plus super) dependent on knowledge, skills and experience.
Applications must include a covering letter, resume/CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria as listed above.
Applications for this role close at 9am on 26 February 2018.
About the Business
The goal of the Station is to engage with our community, which means attending local events and bringing listeners a mixture of excellent music that they will recognise, relate to and enjoy, plus relevant news and information for a mature audience.
The Station presents programs featuring music mostly from the 1960s to the 1990s, but also includes recent releases, particularly in our specialty music shows.
104.9 Sunshine FM has the highest number of listeners in the 45+ years age group covering the Sunshine Coast.
About the Role
The Station is seeking a Manager to lead us in further development. The Manager is in charge of day to day operations of the station.
Reporting to a Management Committee, the role is to meet Sunshine FM's mission and goals, ensuring compliance and legal obligations are met.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated success in Community Broadcasting or other broadcast media
- Experience in management and stakeholder engagement
- Effective time management skills are essential
- Strong numeracy, literacy and oral communication skills are essential
- Proven experience with change management and organisational culture
- Sound financial management experience
Applications close Friday 2nd March 2018.
Registrations are now open for QMusic's free workshop series held April - July 2018. Industry Connect is designed to help musicians and music industry workers get the knowledge, relationships and opportunities they need to succeed!