Raising funds for your project or organisation? Applications for matched funding through Creative Partnerships Australia and the Australian Cultural Fund are open from now until 15 August.
Aloft Hotels are calling all original singer songwriters to take part in their search for the hottest emerging talent, with the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime mentoring and recording prize with Universal Music Group.
To enter, submit up to two original songs in video or audio format in any language, along with a brief description of you/your band. Only songs written, composed and performed by you and for which you have retained all associated rights are eligible.
One Australian solo artist/band will be selected to join finalists from Greater China, India, South East Asia and South Korea competing for the grand prize, travelling to Seoul, South Korea on a 3-day all expenses paid trip to perform for judges in the competition finale on 20 September.
Entries are open now until midday 31 July, with finalists to be announced 3 September.
The winning solo artist/band will receive a once-in-a-lifetime prize that includes:
- Artist & Repertoire (A&R) mentoring from UMG, which includes advice on selecting a single to record, and expert guidance through the process
- A professional recording session with UMG and release of one single digitally worldwide
- An accompanying music video to be produced and released by UMG
5 finalists selected by UMG's Artist & Repertoire teams will each receive:
- A 3-day all expense paid trip to Seoul, South Korea to perform in the final event on 20 Sep 2018
- 100,000 Rewards Points redeemable for stays at Aloft Hotels or other participating Marriott International hotels around the world.
Applications are now open for a number of international showcase opportunities around the globe, including Reeperbahn Festival 2018, WOMEX 2018, SXSW 2019 and Folk Alliance 2019.