Aloft Hotels are calling all original singer songwriters to take part in their search for the hottest emerging talent, with the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime mentoring and recording prize with Universal Music Group.
To enter, submit up to two original songs in video or audio format in any language, along with a brief description of you/your band. Only songs written, composed and performed by you and for which you have retained all associated rights are eligible.
One Australian solo artist/band will be selected to join finalists from Greater China, India, South East Asia and South Korea competing for the grand prize, travelling to Seoul, South Korea on a 3-day all expenses paid trip to perform for judges in the competition finale on 20 September.
Entries are open now until midday 31 July, with finalists to be announced 3 September.
The winning solo artist/band will receive a once-in-a-lifetime prize that includes:
- Artist & Repertoire (A&R) mentoring from UMG, which includes advice on selecting a single to record, and expert guidance through the process
- A professional recording session with UMG and release of one single digitally worldwide
- An accompanying music video to be produced and released by UMG
5 finalists selected by UMG's Artist & Repertoire teams will each receive:
- A 3-day all expense paid trip to Seoul, South Korea to perform in the final event on 20 Sep 2018
- 100,000 Rewards Points redeemable for stays at Aloft Hotels or other participating Marriott International hotels around the world.
It’s been a huge 12 months for Queensland album releases, and our QMA Judges were given the hard task of whittling down the seemingly endless list of high-calibre records to just 5 finalists.
The 2019 Queensland Music Awards is shaping up to be one of the most memorable nights of the year, with QMusic today announcing a stellar list of finalists and live performances.