The Fellowship will consist of an award of $25,000 to a Queensland based contemporary songwriter or songwriting duo. The recipient/s will undertake a trip to either London, Berlin or New York. The Fellowship has been designed to expose the recipient/s to the full cultural life of one of these cities as a source of inspiration and creativity.
The Grant McLennan Fellowship is delivered through a partnership with Arts Queensland, APRA AMCOS (The Australasian Performing Right Association - Australasian Mechanical Copyright-Owners Society) and QMusic.
Founded in 2007 in honour of the late Queensland singer-songwriter and co-frontman of The Go-Betweens, Grant McLennan, the Fellowship is an incredible chance for local songwriters to take their careers to a whole new level.
All sections of the online application will need to be completed, addressing all selection criteria and attaching all requested support material. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for assessment. Applicants must only submit one application in each round.
- Reside in Queensland and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be a member of APRA AMCOS
- Have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland grants
- Have an ABN
- Only submit one application in each round (e.g. songwriting duos may not also submit individual applications).
Applications have closed for 2018.