- 21 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: Want to play #BIGSOUND17? Apply now: https://t.co/D1c5Vje0St https://t.co/KP1WbMxEQnRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @APRAAMCOS: J'ADORE ?. @AmySharkmusic x @BusbyMarou at Monday night's #APRAs: https://t.co/TUHvc1JGFQRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 7 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 6 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 4 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @QldMusicAwards: Watch highlights from the 2017 #QldMusicAwards! https://t.co/zkkE0YZCYc ? TreeTrunk Production House ? Confidence Man…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @musicnt: BIGSOUND offering BIG MONEY, and a BIG opportunity for Aussie musicians! https://t.co/GdC2hegvf1Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetwork
- 3 Apr@QMusicNetworkRT @BIGSOUNDtweets: BIGSOUND returns 5-8 September 2017. Apply to play and you could share in $100,000 thanks to @LEVIS. #BIGSOUND17 https:…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetworkWe're looking forward to getting these out! Participants also get a little something special for first session tomo… https://t.co/bhY9E35ZKh
- 31 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @Queensland: Congrats to Good Boy for taking out the Rock award! ???? thank you for having us @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork https://t.c…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @SoundsAustralia: Amongst all the talent here @QMusicNetwork Awards there's been an amazing shoey and a collective knock knock joke #ql…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @HeyGeronimo: Oh sheeeit! ? Thanks v much to all the legendary bands who were in the clip + @QMusicNetwork, Pete, Jaymis and Lauren. And…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @ceowithpassion: Breathtaking tribute to Ritchie Yorke and Carol Lloyd at the QMA's with George @QMusicNetwork https://t.co/XNcK2qTySGRetweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 28 Mar@QMusicNetworkRT @damiandmusic: Q Music Awards- Best Female Artist! Thank you all who voted for me? It means so much to be recognized by fellow Queenslan…Retweeted by qmusicnetwork
- 27 Mar@QMusicNetwork
- 22 Mar@QMusicNetwork
Billy Thorpe Scholarship 2017
Arts Queensland's annual Billy Thorpe Scholarship provides the opportunity to record with an established producer and to meet with and receive advice around career planning from a representative from Chugg Entertainment.
The scholarship, named in honour of the late Billy Thorpe, a great Australian rock musician who passed away in February 2007, was designed to help develop the future of rock and roll.
Billy Thorpe spent his formative years in Brisbane and made an enormous contribution to the Australian and global music industry over five decades of performing, writing and producing. View the Billy Thorpe performance. (external site)
Past grant recipients
2017: Marville (Ash Kerley)
2016: Luke Daniel Peacock
2013: Jeremy Neale
2012: Astrid and The Asteroids
2011: Sam Hales
2010: Andrew Redford
2009: Alan Boyle
2008: Michael Gavriel
The winner of the 2017 Billy Thorpe Scholarship was Marville (Ash Kerley)
2017 Billy Thorpe Scholarship Award winner Marville (Ash Kerley) with Lynn Thorpe
Photo credit: John Stubbs at 77Photography
2017 Applications are CLOSED
- Opening date: Tuesday 18 October 2016
- Closing date: Midnight Sunday
4 December 2016Extended til 11 December, 2016
- Announcement of winner: Monday 27 March 2017
This program is open to emerging:
What is an emerging musician?
An emerging musician is someone who is in the development stage of their music career. They may not have yet achieved national/international sales or exposure or a record label deal but can be seen to be working towards these goals. An emerging musician is also someone who can demonstrate that they are committed to developing their instrumental/vocal technique, songwriting and performance skills. There is no cut off age but older applicants would need to clearly demonstrate their early career phase status.
- be at least 18 years of age on January 1, 2016
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be residing in Queensland
- have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland grants
- have an ABN
The Fellowship does not support:
- costs associated with a project or program that has already commenced
- the costs of completing degree courses, theses or university, college or projects undertaken to gain formal qualifications
- employees of Arts Queensland and QMusic
- former employees of Arts Queensland or QMusic who ceased employment less than six months before the closing date
- staff members of an Arts portfolio statutory authority or the Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and the Arts unless their application includes a covering letter from their employer that states the person’s role and employment details and that their application does not relate to carrying out the duties of their role.
About the Scholarship
The $10,000 Scholarship will be awarded to an emerging Queensland based contemporary musician or band.
The Scholarship will:
- identify a talented, emerging, Queensland based musician or band who can demonstrate their commitment to a career in music and who will best benefit from the scholarship
- enable the recipient/s to make significant progress creatively and in their music career by providing them with opportunity, tools and networks.
The scholarship is made up of the following components:
$4,000 - cash
$6,000 - towards a recording with an established producer as well as a meeting with Chugg Entertainment representatives to be arranged by QMusic.
On completion, the recipient will provide a report to QMusic on the creative and professional outcomes which the scholarship enabled.
QMusic is Queensland’s peak body for services to contemporary music and has been contracted to manage the Billy Thorpe Scholarship program on behalf of Arts Queensland in 2016-2017.
Full Guidelines, terms & conditions including important information for successful applicants HERE
Who to contact
For more information please contact QMusic by email at email@example.com or telephone (07) 3257 0013.