"I’m beyond excited to be the recipient of the 2019 Grant McLennan Fellowship. Not only is it an absolute pleasure to be recognised amongst the other finalists who are amazing songwriters, but to receive an award named after the late great Grant McLennan means so much to me."Jack Bratt
2019 Fellowship Winner
Brisbane guitarist, songwriter and producer Jack Bratt has been awarded the prestigious $25,000 Grant McLennan Fellowship for 2019 at a ceremony held in Brisbane tonight.
The prestigious $25,000 Grant McLennan Fellowship offers the recipient/s an opportunity to travel to New York, London or Berlin for up to six months and use the experience of being immersed in a foreign and vibrant musical culture to further develop their own artistic skills.
The Fellowship is for a contemporary music songwriter or songwriting duo with both experience and exceptional talent. The artist/artists will have more than five years of professional experience and will have developed a national profile through album releases, touring and media recognition.
The Grant McLennan Fellowship is delivered through a partnership with Arts Queensland, APRA AMCOS (The Australasian Performing Right Association - Australasian Mechanical Copyright-Owners Society) and QMusic.
Founded in 2007 in honour of the late Queensland singer-songwriter and co-frontman of The Go-Betweens, Grant McLennan, the Fellowship is an incredible chance for local songwriters to take their careers to a whole new level.
Songwriters will need to demonstrate a very strong case for the Fellowship to be awarded early in their career. Although not limited in musical genre, the Fellowship is primarily aimed at songwriters of contemporary popular music.
- Have resided in Queensland for at least two years prior to the due date of applications. You may be asked to provide proof of your Queensland residency status during the eligibility check process.
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be a member of APRA AMCOS
- Have satisfied the reporting requirements of any previous Arts Queensland grants
- Have an ABN
- Only submit one application in each round (e.g. songwriting duos may not also submit individual applications).
Click below to download the guidelines for entry.